Ezequiel Carrera

Tyler Colvin

Mitch Maier

Adam Melker

Melky Mesa

Edinson Rincon

*except Lars Anderson he is more of 1st baseman Left Fielder

I like Tyler Colvin

I like this signing. Nothing is guaranteed with him but he has potential to provide solid pop off the bench

I'm surprised Ichiro would be willing to take a backup OF job given his career. Most guys don't have the ability to admit when they are hitting the decline phase.

Why is it surprising? He's not good enough to start anymore. He would want to sign here because it's probably the best he can do at this point.

OK I guess. Hopefully they won't overpay. We already have one of the best OF in the game. Put the money somewhere else? Does Stanton really need this many days off?

It's not going to cost much, and all teams need more than 3 OF'ers. Tyler Colvin is bad.

Two years wouldn't be the worst idea. Another thing , the media would love this deal because they'd say "Marlins said they would surround Stanton with talent and they went and got Ichiro! Woohoo!" ....point is Ichiro still has name value and despite his decline on the field it would sound good to say we got him.

They want him to get his 3,000th hit here so they might give him a 2-year deal.

Problem is, he's 156 hits away from 3,000. Would he get enough playing time to get that over two years?

He'll need at least 300 at bats per year.

Problem is, he's 156 hits away from 3,000. Would he get enough playing time to get that over two years?

Reed Johnson got almost 200 last year. I'm sure they could find 50-75 more for Ichiro. But yea it's no slam dunk he would get to 3k in the next two years.

I'm not sure but it'll probably be closer than we think. Unfortunately, injuries always happen.

Man if this goes through it would be great. Is he still lead off material if someone goes down?

Not so much, but if that someone going down is Gordon, the person leading off will be Yelich. *shrug*