Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/15 Post Game

Featured Replies

Capps being sent down with Phelps coming back, Urena stays.

 

​Which I think is kinda dumb when we still have ...

 

... you know ...

 

... Dyson.

 

 

Did you see the play at 9th inning? Runner Realmuto went to 2nd from 1st after flied out.

 

If Salty were there, even that thing didn't think about it.

 

 

Did you see the play at 9th inning? Runner Realmuto went to 2nd from 1st after flied out.

 

If Salty were there, even that thing didn't think about it.

 

Yup, well said. Little things like these......man its like beating a dead horse. JT needs to start tomorrow. Come on. Guy gets called up vs. The guy who swings down the middle and misses on a consistant basis. And like someone else wrote, if salty plays today, this game would have ended 3-2 or even 2-2 still. Those are your miller life cold hard facts.

 

 

Hech is really hitting the ball well the last couple of games. Knew he had it in him. Realmuto earned more PT.

 

Worried about Cishek, he was hit hard despite the save.

 

 

I've been a big supporter of Salty even while he sucks, but we're getting close to the point where the Realmuto era might get an early start.

 

Given Salty has two more years left here and Realmuto could still benefit from a little more fine tuning in the minors, the likely scenario is Realmuto will get a chance the next month to show the front office and the coaches if he deserves a big push a little earlier than expected, and if he goes into any kind of slump he can go back to AAA for three months or so, get even better while Salty gets one last opportunity to sink or swim, and come July/August, if Salty still can't bat over .240, Realmuto gets the bump up and Salty gets shown the door.

 

It's really that simple. I love how Realmuto hit today, but it doesn't change the plan all too much. What Realmuto did in a short time last year and his game today shows he deserves a shot now, but we really can't just kick Salty to the curve since there's still use for him regardless of his poor start. Lets remember Realmuto just turned 24 last month, so there's still some time left to properly groom him.

 

If people have questions about whether the Marlins really believe in Realmuto, this offseason the Marlins traded their only other legitimate catcher prospects in Austin Barnes (who is more of a utility guy anyway) and Chad Wallach. The team sees Realmuto as the future, so I wouldn't be surprised too much if Salty starts getting a small push out the door soon.

 

 

Yeah I don't get why Capps is getting sent down when he had a solid inning and that moron Dyson is still here floating up 95MPH batting practice.

 

As for Hechavarria, as Tommy mentioned, last year was a big improvement but he was very focused on only going the other way. Today we saw him twice turn on the inside pitch and really drive the ball.

 

He shouldn't try to get away from thinking opposite field like he did last year but also recognize when its time to turn on one. That would be a big help.

 

 

​You mean those positions aren't just for defence?!

 

​who would have thunk it?!

 

 

Probably the only reason Dyson is still here is because he can pitch more than one inning.

 

​Sam Dyson had a decent season last year, and from what I remember his minor league numbers were always pretty good. We could do alot worse than Dyson. I understand that some are upset about the game the other day but he actually did his job. He is a ground ball pitcher and he got them to hit two ground balls. Yes, they found holes and went for base hits but those are the breaks sometimes. His walk rate could be a little bit better but as I said we could do worse.

 

As for Urena over Capps, I still don't get that. They have been grooming Urena as a starter in the minors and from what I've read they have always been high on Capps. They must still be tinkering with that crow hop delivery.

 

 

​Sam Dyson had a decent season last year, and from what I remember his minor league numbers were always pretty good. We could do alot worse than Dyson. I understand that some are upset about the game the other day but he actually did his job. He is a ground ball pitcher and he got them to hit two ground balls. Yes, they found holes and went for base hits but those are the breaks sometimes. His walk rate could be a little bit better but as I said we could do worse.

 

As for Urena over Capps, I still don't get that. They have been grooming Urena as a starter in the minors and from what I've read they have always been high on Capps. They must still be tinkering with that crow hop delivery.

 

​Sam Dyson had a decent season last year, and from what I remember his minor league numbers were always pretty good. We could do alot worse than Dyson. I understand that some are upset about the game the other day but he actually did his job. He is a ground ball pitcher and he got them to hit two ground balls. Yes, they found holes and went for base hits but those are the breaks sometimes. His walk rate could be a little bit better but as I said we could do worse.

 

As for Urena over Capps, I still don't get that. They have been grooming Urena as a starter in the minors and from what I've read they have always been high on Capps. They must still be tinkering with that crow hop delivery.

 

It was nice way for Urena to get in a game but I'm sure he begins to start soon.

 

 

Capps struggled in Spring Training and struggled in the minors before that one inning.

 

Some of you hate Dyson for no reason.

 

 

Yeah Dyson blows. Definitely need a cleaner reliever than him.

 

 

Capps struggled in Spring Training and struggled in the minors before that one inning.

 

Some of you hate Dyson for no reason.

 

Hey Erick!

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.