Marlins pitching coach(es)

So either these are some crazy coincidences or these guys are really bad at their jobs. I'm sitting here watching Eovaldi and his new bad ass looking splitter and thinking why did he have to go to the Yankees to learn that? Then there's disco and the new pretty effective change up he learned in Cincinnati and of course Heaney. Then I look that slop of urena/Conley/nicolino and wondering what they'd learn on another team. 

Is all 3 of those guys (imagine a jose, HA, heaney, eovaldi disco rotation) all of a sudden learning a new effective pitch the year they leave the fish just a coincide? Nah fire those fucks!!!!

Guest Vince0926
So either these are some crazy coincidences or these guys are really bad at their jobs. I'm sitting here watching Eovaldi and his new bad ass looking splitter and thinking why did he have to go to the Yankees to learn that? Then there's disco and the new pretty effective change up he learned in Cincinnati and of course Heaney. Then I look that slop of urena/Conley/nicolino and wondering what they'd learn on another team. 

Is all 3 of those guys (imagine a jose, HA, heaney, eovaldi disco rotation) all of a sudden learning a new effective pitch the year they leave the fish just a coincide? Nah fire those fucks!!!!

c.o.l says hello!

Disco will and always remain a mediocre pitcher

and Eovaldi.

Eovaldi.

really.

Eovaldi has a splitter he's throwing for the first time ever this year that's getting 16% swgstr. He's really having a great year in a big hitters park against a boat load of lefties. I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into an actual 2/3 over the next couple years with that splitter as it finally gives him something to use against the fastball and his mediocre slider. 

actually if he had proper coaching, he might be taught they he wouldnt need to get by with max effort on every pitch, thus extending his career and/or short term his stamina in a game/season.

Well that's true, but I was answering his post because it spoke of Jose's production currently.

actually if he had proper coaching, he might be taught they he wouldnt need to get by with max effort on every pitch, thus extending his career and/or short term his stamina in a game/season.

One thing about Jose that may be pitching coach related (I doubt it though) is his new post-TJ change up which has been incredible. 

Also, I'm saying this is an organizational thing (like Das said) rather than pinning it on Chuck Hernandez only. I think it's become pretty obvious this organization has a serious problem with SP developmental and I lean a lot more towards that being the issue than talent. 

well its talent also, because they cant identify good talent prior to the draft and drafting good talent.

but i digress.

well its talent also, because they cant identify good talent prior to the draft and drafting good talent.

but i digress.

Well at least the "Marlins expected to be more analytical in future" according to Frisaro... LOL!!!!!!!! (I won't link to the BS article so as not give Frisaro any hits). 

Well at least the "Marlins expected to be more analytical in future" according to Frisaro... LOL!!!!!!!! (I won't link to the BS article so as not give Frisaro any hits). 

"WAIT GUYS LET'S LOOK AT HIS BATTING AVERAGE INSTEAD OF WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS BORN IN FLORIDA!"

-Miami Marlins being more analytical in 2016 than 2015.

Maybe their pitch usage has changed, but Disco and Eovaldi are still very much the same pitchers they were here in terms of results/peripherals. Eovaldi's #'s are nearly identical. Disco was only given 30+ innings as a Marlin. That's a front office thing, not coaching.