Marlins Trade Rumors

He's a below average closer???? He's only blown two games this season and has saved like 90 out of 100+ games in his career. Even as off as he was last night he was only one strike away from getting the save. 

Yea,only two blown save in the record,but how many games that were "one ball or one hit" away from blown the lead ?

Kyle Sielaff ✔ @Kyle_Sielaff

Coming up at 6:40 along the @MarlinsRadio Network, part 1 of my conversation with @Marlins starter @COGrady38. First pitch vs. LAD at 7:10.

Speaking of O'Grady........when did he pitch and did he stay up and not just a one game up??  I haven't seen him.

He pitched last Saturday and did stay up but it has only been that one game because of the all star break. 

lol Stanton has been overrated since he came into the league.We dont win with him, so im all for trading him.

Here's something to make you lol more.

Stanton is OPS'ing .936 this season.  

On pace for a 5.0 WAR

lol at your own stipidity

If I'm Jorge Mas I wouldn't be stupid enough to make the "fire sale" my first impression to the fans of this team,of course he won't to hurt this already "super bad" fan base so I predict he would do his best to keep the core and give them some more seasons.

How about he does what is best for the franchise?

JoeF again shows how retarded he is. 

And we're back to certain people here pushing for a rebuild under Hill. So dumb. Michael Hill couldn't build an Ikea glass cup let alone a fucking baseball team. 

You may be right, but the next ownership group may not be any better, which is why its better to trade people at their highest value now.  Waiting in hopes for the next guy is probably not the best idea.  I don't remember the last time the Marlins have had some may pieces that would be desirable to other teams that should get a pretty nice haul.

I understand Stanton's deal is bad for the Marlins but is it THAT bad for the rest of the league? If he was a FA this year he'd get 30/year. Adding Yelich to Stanton just to get rid of his deal would drive me absolutely nuts.

based on what logic?

There is 1 other position player making 30 aav.

The highest contract last winter for a position player was Cespedes and that was for 4 years.

Stanton isnt at the Trout/Harper level.

Stanton could easily net 25 AAV in this market, maybe up to 28-29 in certain markets.

Craig Mish of Sirius XM tweetedSaturday that the Giants have shown more interest than anyone else inMarlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton, leading Alex Pavlovic of NBC Sports Bay Area to assess whether a deal could happen. The California-born slugger’s enormous contract (he’ll collect $295MM through 2028 if he doesn’t opt out after the 2020 season) makes it highly unlikely he’ll end up in San Francisco, even if the Marlins were to eat around $95MM, observes Pavlovic. To take on that type of money – particularly for a player who has had difficulty staying healthy – would cripple the Giants’ budget for both the near term and the long haul, Pavlovic writes.

His name will come up a lot but I really don't think Stanton goes anywhere for several reasons. 

No matter what happens the Marlins will end up either paying his full salary by not moving him or pay at least 50% when they do, ala Hampton the pitcher Loria paid $10 million a year for like 3 years to beat us with Atlanta

I hope the next owners immediately do a fire sale just to see what the public says. It's gonna be entertaining. 

Irrelevant. While you want to sell high on the current talent, the Marlin's are at a low in fans giving a shit. A rebuild is fine but not in the hands of Hill.