Hech traded to Rays

Marlins IG acct comments going nuts lol apparently we traded away another superstar which is apparently what we do every year and we can never keep any good players and etc etc 

I saw some really wacky ones on the Marlins official Instagram and on twitter

Just wanna point out that despite the over reactions of the internet, this trade doesn't even really signify a big fire sale and house cleaning is even coming. I mean, yeah they probably are gonna get rid of some guys but Hech hasn't been good in 2 years and Riddle and Rojas have shown they can at least do what he did if not better so my point is that this trade was bound to happen and probably would have happened even if the Marlins had 50 wins right now. It was a logical step for a player who might not even have had a job with us going into next year. 

Just wanna point out that despite the over reactions of the internet, this trade doesn't even really signify a big fire sale and house cleaning is even coming. I mean, yeah they probably are gonna get rid of some guys but Hech hasn't been good in 2 years and Riddle and Rojas have shown they can at least do what he did if not better so my point is that this trade was bound to happen and probably would have happened even if the Marlins had 50 wins right now. It was a logical step for a player who might not even have had a job with us going into next year. 

Hech looked ok this year.

Having said that, who cares?  Hech wasnt a long term piece and his bat generally couldnt justify his glove nor salary.

This saves the Marlins 2 mil bones, which if you believe reports, Loria desperately needed to do. 

"The Marlins trade of Hechavarria comes down to one thing: a salary dump that will allow the Marlins to save money" ...thats from Mark Feinsand of MLB.com...

Such ignorant journalism because that is absolutely wrong! I can't stand when writers and reporters, especially those who work for MLB, can't bother to get their facts straight. That's why public perception is always so fucked up when the people who's job it is to report facts instead report assumptions.

Yes the Marlins wanted to get rid of Hech's salary because new ownership is coming in but this is not just a salary dump. 

Someone should let Mark Feinsand know what a shitty below replacement level baseball player Adeiny Hechavarria was and that if he was any good they'd have happily kept him here long term. Of course I also don't expect this asswad to realize that JT Riddle and Miguel Rojas have both proven they can do what Hech does and most likely even better. 

Anyone that actually pays attention knows this is what a normal baseball team does, this is not a Marlins salary dump trade. 

"The Marlins trade of Hechavarria comes down to one thing: a salary dump that will allow the Marlins to save money" ...thats from Mark Feinsand of MLB.com...

Such ignorant journalism because that is absolutely wrong! I can't stand when writers and reporters, especially those who work for MLB, can't bother to get their facts straight. That's why public perception is always so fucked up when the people who's job it is to report facts instead report assumptions.

Yes the Marlins wanted to get rid of Hech's salary because new ownership is coming in but this is not just a salary dump. 

Someone should let Mark Feinsand know what a shitty below replacement level baseball player Adeiny Hechavarria was and that if he was any good they'd have happily kept him here long term. Of course I also don't expect this asswad to realize that JT Riddle and Miguel Rojas have both proven they can do what Hech does and most likely even better. 

Anyone that actually pays attention knows this is what a normal baseball team does, this is not a Marlins salary dump trade. 

Eh. This looks like a salary dump first, and talent second move. Which imo is fine. If talent was the priority, the marlins would have eaten $ for better talent. Although I do think the marlins won this trade, slightly. 

I had some hope that Hech could be a .730 OPS kind of guy with stellar defense after his 2015 season, which actually would have made him one of the best shortstops in baseball.

But, he was really bad (like, almost historically bad) offensively last year and he's already 28, so he probably isn't going to improve.

I'd say this is a fine return for a dude who OPSed .594 last season.

Hech looked ok this year.

Wrong. You must not watch much Marlins baseball.  He looked like a player that could be easily replaced by someone who is not that good! Which is exactly what happened.  But Riddle doesn't cost $2 million a year. 

Hech was a ridiculously good defensive SS in 2015 and that was his peak.  It's been downhill ever since.