Pizza

Admin

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Soft cookies are by far better than crunchy/hard cookies.

4 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

100% agreed. Chewy Chips Ahoy is the way to go if buying Chip Ahoy.

I mean, there's no set rule on this one but a good crunchy cookie, one that's meant to be hard and isn't just overcooked, can really be better than a soft cookie. You said Chips Ahoy, I prefer the original. A soft cookie is amazing but original Chips Ahoy is how you do a crunchy cookie right. 

24 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I mean, there's no set rule on this one but a good crunchy cookie, one that's meant to be hard and isn't just overcooked, can really be better than a soft cookie. You said Chips Ahoy, I prefer the original. A soft cookie is amazing but original Chips Ahoy is how you do a crunchy cookie right. 

I guess lol.  I'd agree that the Chips Ahoy regular ones are how to do a crunchy one right.

Since this is still the pizza thread, have any of you guys ever tried the Papa John's mega chocolate chip cookie?

image.png.87b42b399691fdb0362ae202b8a8f965.png

Here's a story, when I was a kid I loved chocolate chip cookies so much that I decided to learn how to bake them when my 8 year old brain figured out that if I learned how to bake them, I could eat them any time I wanted!

So, I've been making cookies for years, I don't anymore, since I try to limit how many baked desserts I eat, and if I cook a batch of 24, I know I will eat at least 18 of them in 2-3 days. 😂

So, years ago when I used to work at PJs, I remember I baked a batch of some classic big chewy chocolate chip cookies and brought them to work. Everyone loved them, I made a half joking suggestion to my manager that PJs should sell my cookies, or chocolate chip cookies in general, he thought it was an interesting idea, and he said he would bring up the idea in the next corporate meeting he attended.

Of course, in reality, I know it was just a coincidence that PJ started selling big chewy chocolate chip cookies just a few years later. But there's always that small part of me that wants to believe I had like 0.001% to do with it!

😂

In the late 80's/early 90's there was a program called Book-It that was sponsored by Pizza Hut and that was a real treat when I was a kid because you'd get a personal pan pizza and my parents would take me out to eat at the actual restaurant - which back then was dark with  dark wooden booths and red accents. Probably looked like a bordello or something tbh. 

Pizza Hut now?  TRASH. literally would go without eating than eat a slice of any of their shit.  it's just an awful, awful product overall.  Just no. They even managed to screw up that stuffed crust pizza somehow. 

Papa John's is sometimes tolerable although I honestly think it tastes better cold the next day than hot.

Dominos underwent a pretty big overhaul in recent years.  Theirs is ok too, I do like the Pacific Vegetable one they sling but for some reason their pizza doesn't satisfy a pizza craving.  I don't know exactly what it is - but it just doesn't make me think of pizza despite all the ingredients being there. 

Little Caesar's is f*cking putrid.  They've even butchered their crazy bread (which was always light years better than their pizza) by making it puffy instead of flat. When I was a kid it was flatter and thus more cheese and buttery goodness would be on the surface now it just tastes like some cheap breadstick you can get in the frozen food section (not even a good one).

Marco's was good by my house when I lived in Tampa but is an abortion out here and I would never go again (it closed after about 6 months of opening anyway so that made it hella easy).

If we pick up from a chain pizza place we hit up Hungry Howies.  Good chew to the crust, not overly greasy, and extra cheese gets you a nice amount of cheese on the pie.  The flavor combos you can get added to the crust also make it pretty tasty.  Some people hate on HH because they'll just call and order a pepperoni pizza and what results is passable but not what it CAN be if you know how to really get them to make you a solid pie.  Some locations have the option of green olives as opposed to black (unfortunately not the one by us anymore) and that really adds some really good flavor to the pizza. 

In regard to thin vs. original crust i prefer thin if i'm buying a frozen pizza from the store but original crust if i'm ordering it from somewhere. Not a fan of any of the deep dish pizzas i've had throughout the years.  I like foldable slices.  a big oversized slice of foldable cheesy goodness is heaven. 

I'll have to take a look at the Costco pizza.  we literally just got a membership last week since one opened up about a mile away.