March 30, 20215 yr 12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: I like how you all think the Marlins are able to choose any corporate name they want to put as the new name of the ballpark. I don't think that. You said "all"!
March 30, 20215 yr 6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: Stop worrying about their past. Their future looks pretty bright right now, not sure why that's hard to see. Not hard to see, just not easy to get excited about either. I’ve watched games, probably 4 times a week in their entirety. I just, I feel nothing watching this team.
March 30, 20215 yr The founder of loanDepot has this in his bio: Quote Beyond business, Hsieh has had a love for the ocean, boating, and sport fishing that dates back to his childhood. He is owner and angler of Team Bad Company, the world’s most successful big-game competitive fishing team. Team Bad Company has a fleet of boats strategically placed through the world including Cabo San Lucas, Kona Hawaii, Panama/Costa Rica and other exotic locations. The team has won more than $6 million in prizes, has caught Blue and Black Marlins exceeding 900 lbs., and has caught and released thousands of Marlins around the world.
March 30, 20215 yr Just now, FishFan95 said: WOAH that's among the best deals in MLB for naming rights I think
March 30, 20215 yr Frisaro reports the deal is just under $10 million per year. If so, excellent job by the Marlins. The highest current deal is the Braves at $10 million from SunTrust.
March 30, 20215 yr 2 hours ago, SilverBullet said: That name sucks but who cares. Kinda curious why it's such a seemingly random company on the other side of the country though. Couldn't find anything more local or any bigger company? Man I hope they're getting good money from this regardless. It’s funny, when I heard that I was like “yeah makes sense, Loan depot has dominated the past few years”. Then again I’m in that industry
March 30, 20215 yr 3 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said: It’s funny, when I heard that I was like “yeah makes sense, Loan depot has dominated the past few years”. Then again I’m in that industry Is that why your profile pick looks like a house? You in the home loan business? Edited March 30, 20215 yr by FishFan95
March 30, 20215 yr Not knowing the full financial situation, but between the local TV deal (assuming $50 million), national TV (I believe $60 million per team), and naming rights ($9 million), the Marlins should be pulling in about $120 million a year before selling a ticket. No excuse to not raise payroll going forward. Edited March 30, 20215 yr by fauowls44
March 30, 20215 yr 9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said: Even Samson gets it, doesn't matter what the name is as long as they're paying the right price for it. Not sure why he said you can only do this once though.
March 30, 20215 yr 3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: Not sure why he said you can only do this once though. Depends on the length. Astros deal is 29 years, that's the kind of deal a front office likely only does once. A new person would be in charge by the time it expires.
March 30, 20215 yr 4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said: Depends on the length. Astros deal is 29 years, that's the kind of deal a front office likely only does once. A new person would be in charge by the time it expires. Eh, I guess but he made it sound like this is the only naming deal the Marlins will ever get.
March 30, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, Piazza31 said: Sounds like MLB might have helped them secure this loan.... errm deal At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how it was arranged. 1 hour ago, SonOfJack said: The founder of loanDepot has this in his bio: So I guess his experience helped him "catch" Marlins Park too...... 53 minutes ago, FishFan95 said: That's awesome! 52 minutes ago, fauowls44 said: Frisaro reports the deal is just under $10 million per year. If so, excellent job by the Marlins. The highest current deal is the Braves at $10 million from SunTrust. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2019/05/28/what-are-naming-rights-deals-in-major-league-baseball-really-worth/?sh=5a4946401e61 This Forbes article says the Mets have the highest at 20M/ year ($400M over 20 years), Oracle Park (SF) is reportedly second at $15-17.5/year. It also says that the White Sox are only getting $2.04M/year over 10 years, so we got 5 times that on an unknown term, though. I too saw articles point out the Braves were among the highest at $10M.....I'm not sure where Forbes got their numbers from - the Braves have to publicly disclose their books, though, so we know that $10M/year is right. Edited March 30, 20215 yr by rmc523
March 30, 20215 yr Well, at the end of the day, it will benefit the Marlins organization, so I'm fine with it. Although, I have to say, the way they style the name loanDepot, with a lowercase "L" keeps reminding me of the name of this actor, . 😂
March 30, 20215 yr Lol, after getting rid of Loria's .....rainbow of colors, we get to reintroduce some rainbow colors in the form of purple and neon green: Also, the irony of them being "loanDepot" with a lower case "L", is that their logo creates an uppercase L inside the D......doesn't make much sense to me.
March 30, 20215 yr 20 minutes ago, rmc523 said: Lol, after getting rid of Loria's .....rainbow of colors, we get to reintroduce some rainbow colors in the form of purple and neon green: Also, the irony of them being "loanDepot" with a lower case "L", is that their logo creates an uppercase L inside the D......doesn't make much sense to me. My god -- look at how much free advertising this naming rights deal has already given loadDepot. Only one of us had heard of them before today, and now we all have opinions on their logo and color scheme. Is it too late for the Marlins to double the fee?! 😂
March 30, 20215 yr 4 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said: My god -- look at how much free advertising this naming rights deal has already given loadDepot. Only one of us had heard of them before today, and now we all have opinions on their logo and color scheme. Is it too late for the Marlins to double the fee?! 😂 It's so true! Lol. I gave them some google attention looking for their logo!
March 30, 20215 yr 11 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said: My god -- look at how much free advertising this naming rights deal has already given loadDepot. Only one of us had heard of them before today, and now we all have opinions on their logo and color scheme. Is it too late for the Marlins to double the fee?! 😂 And I just finalized a loan with them right now! This deal is already working wonders!
March 31, 20215 yr 9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said: I was so confused trying to figure out what this meant and looking at their logo wondering how/why the P in DePot would be capitalized, until I understood they were talking about park. Here's a potential layout for the names.
March 31, 20215 yr It would probably look weird if the p in park was P instead actually. This looks right.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.