Ballpark Naming Rights

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Stop worrying about their past. Their future looks pretty bright right now, not sure why that's hard to see.

Not hard to see, just not easy to get excited about either. 

I’ve watched games, probably 4 times a week in their entirety. I just, I feel nothing watching this team. 

The founder of loanDepot has this in his bio:

Beyond business, Hsieh has had a love for the ocean, boating, and sport fishing that dates back to his childhood. He is owner and angler of Team Bad Company, the world’s most successful big-game competitive fishing team. Team Bad Company has a fleet of boats strategically placed through the world including Cabo San Lucas, Kona Hawaii, Panama/Costa Rica and other exotic locations. The team has won more than $6 million in prizes, has caught Blue and Black Marlins exceeding 900 lbs., and has caught and released thousands of Marlins around the world.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

That name sucks but who cares. Kinda curious why it's such a seemingly random company on the other side of the country though. Couldn't find anything more local or any bigger company? Man I hope they're getting good money from this regardless. 

It’s funny, when I heard that I was like “yeah makes sense, Loan depot has dominated the past few years”. Then again I’m in that industry 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

It’s funny, when I heard that I was like “yeah makes sense, Loan depot has dominated the past few years”. Then again I’m in that industry 

Is that why your profile pick looks like a house? You in the home loan business?

Edited by FishFan95
  • Like 1

Not knowing the full financial situation, but between the local TV deal (assuming $50 million), national TV (I believe $60 million per team), and naming rights ($9 million), the Marlins should be pulling in about $120 million a year before selling a ticket.  No excuse to not raise payroll going forward.

Edited by fauowls44

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Not sure why he said you can only do this once though. 

Depends on the length. Astros deal is 29 years, that's the kind of deal a front office likely only does once. A new person would be in charge by the time it expires.

1 hour ago, Piazza31 said:

Sounds like MLB might have helped them secure this loan.... errm deal

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how it was arranged.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

The founder of loanDepot has this in his bio:

So I guess his experience helped him "catch" Marlins Park too......

53 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

That's awesome!

52 minutes ago, fauowls44 said:

Frisaro reports the deal is just under $10 million per year.  If so, excellent  job by the Marlins.  The highest current deal is the Braves at $10 million from SunTrust.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2019/05/28/what-are-naming-rights-deals-in-major-league-baseball-really-worth/?sh=5a4946401e61

This Forbes article says the Mets have the highest at 20M/ year ($400M over 20 years), Oracle Park (SF) is reportedly second at $15-17.5/year.

It also says that the White Sox are only getting $2.04M/year over 10 years, so we got 5 times that on an unknown term, though.

I too saw articles point out the Braves were among the highest at $10M.....I'm not sure where Forbes got their numbers from - the Braves have to publicly disclose their books, though, so we know that $10M/year is right.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

Lol, after getting rid of Loria's .....rainbow of colors, we get to reintroduce some rainbow colors in the form of purple and neon green:

image.png.5389777ec9e0d0e946696edf24188c34.png

Also, the irony of them being "loanDepot" with a lower case "L", is that their logo creates an uppercase L inside the D......doesn't make much sense to me.

image.png.3290ffd84df8380ca1aaf32079d72eea.png

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Lol, after getting rid of Loria's .....rainbow of colors, we get to reintroduce some rainbow colors in the form of purple and neon green:

image.png.5389777ec9e0d0e946696edf24188c34.png

Also, the irony of them being "loanDepot" with a lower case "L", is that their logo creates an uppercase L inside the D......doesn't make much sense to me.

image.png.3290ffd84df8380ca1aaf32079d72eea.png

My god -- look at how much free advertising this naming rights deal has already given loadDepot. Only one of us had heard of them before today, and now we all have opinions on their logo and color scheme.

Is it too late for the Marlins to double the fee?! 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

My god -- look at how much free advertising this naming rights deal has already given loadDepot. Only one of us had heard of them before today, and now we all have opinions on their logo and color scheme.

It's so true!  Lol.  I gave them some google attention looking for their logo!

11 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

And I just finalized a loan with them right now! This deal is already working wonders!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I was so confused trying to figure out what this meant and looking at their logo wondering how/why the P in DePot would be capitalized, until I understood they were talking about park.

Here's a potential layout for the names.

166278295_4145125878839847_3321673329898509166_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=SwzdJz5Jqd8AX_3DCv-&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&tp=6&oh=62a6ec3fbc4ea33e732bb92114e53154&oe=6088529E