March 31, 20215 yr Ah crap, now we're gonna get ragged on for NOT getting $10m out of this. Thanks a lot Frisaro you unretired idiot.
March 31, 20215 yr 4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: Ah crap, now we're gonna get ragged on for NOT getting $10m out of this. Thanks a lot Frisaro you unretired idiot. Frisaro feeding us the wrong scoops.
March 31, 20215 yr 7 hours ago, SirFishFan said: Man, I was so tempted.. but I know that if we get into Marvel/Superhero puns, there will at least 10 pages of nonstop pun posts, but I feel bad since this is a thread discussing the new ballpark name, and I wouldn’t want to stretch this out too much. 😂 You just didn't wanna make a big Thing outta it
March 31, 20215 yr 37 minutes ago, Erick said: Frisaro feeding us the wrong scoops. Guess that’s what we get for listening to Frisaro.
March 31, 20215 yr 18 hours ago, rmc523 said: I was so confused trying to figure out what this meant and looking at their logo wondering how/why the P in DePot would be capitalized, until I understood they were talking about park. Here's a potential layout for the names. I just threw up in my mouth. I pray they dont go that overboard with the logo.
March 31, 20215 yr 16 hours ago, SongInTheAir said: People are always looking for ways to emphasize the D. Soon the ballpark is going to be wearing grey sweatpants.
March 31, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, Piazza31 said: I just threw up in my mouth. I pray they dont go that overboard with the logo. I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what it’s going to look like.
March 31, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, Piazza31 said: I just threw up in my mouth. I pray they dont go that overboard with the logo. I mean, reality is it's one on each side plus one on top. Unless coming from certain angles at a distance, you won't see but one logo at a time.
April 1, 20215 yr Author 6 minutes ago, CoastieMike said: Why is the L in loanDepot lower case, I hate it so much Wait til you hear about park.
April 1, 20215 yr 2 minutes ago, Michael said: Wait til you hear about park. I think for the logo itself, the park with a lowercase p makes sense. But it’s going to look weird seeing it in print if they do that. But honestly who really cares when it comes down to it.
April 1, 20215 yr 4 minutes ago, GuitarPik said: I think for the logo itself, the park with a lowercase p makes sense. But it’s going to look weird seeing it in print if they do that. But honestly who really cares when it comes down to it. Lest we forget, what is it, O.co Park?
April 1, 20215 yr 16 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said: Lest we forget, what is it, O.co Park? Was that named after Overstock.com? I honestly thought thats what it was.
April 1, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, CoastieMike said: Was that named after Overstock.com? I honestly thought thats what it was. Yes. but o.co is an abbreviation.
April 2, 20215 yr https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/03/31/miami-marlins-stadium-name-change-loandepot-park
April 2, 20215 yr On 3/31/2021 at 11:21 PM, rmc523 said: Yes. but o.co is an abbreviation. We could've had Micco.co Park if Miccosukee got the rights
April 2, 20215 yr 8 hours ago, el_gmac said: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/03/31/miami-marlins-stadium-name-change-loandepot-park Here is what people aren't getting with El Depot -- it's got strong nicknamification game. That was a saving grace of US Cellular "The Cell" Field. "El Depot" and "Depot-cito" sound cool and roll of the tongue. Tell me, what nickname can Truist Park or Guaranteed Rate Park or T-Mobile Field have? They defy nicknames and thus true fan ownership. I'd take El Depot over them any day.
April 2, 20215 yr 8 hours ago, el_gmac said: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/03/31/miami-marlins-stadium-name-change-loandepot-park They spent most of the article complaining about the lack of capital letters. It goes with the logo, so I don't get the big deal. I still think Guaranteed Rate Field is worse.
April 2, 20215 yr 2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said: Here is what people aren't getting with El Depot -- it's got strong nicknamification game. That was a saving grace of US Cellular "The Cell" Field. "El Depot" and "Depot-cito" sound cool and roll of the tongue. Tell me, what nickname can Truist Park or Guaranteed Rate Park or T-Mobile Field have? They defy nicknames and thus true fan ownership. I'd take El Depot over them any day. Three nicknames you presented are all pretty bad
April 2, 20215 yr so bottom line you bastards are happy with whatever name as long the Marlins are pocketing from it ...interesting
April 2, 20215 yr Author 4 minutes ago, el_gmac said: so bottom line you bastards are happy with whatever name as long the Marlins are pocketing from it ...interesting Because it'll help the team, of course.
April 2, 20215 yr 3 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said: Here is what people aren't getting with El Depot -- it's got strong nicknamification game. That was a saving grace of US Cellular "The Cell" Field. "El Depot" and "Depot-cito" sound cool and roll of the tongue. Tell me, what nickname can Truist Park or Guaranteed Rate Park or T-Mobile Field have? They defy nicknames and thus true fan ownership. I'd take El Depot over them any day. I’ve heard Guaranteed Rate called The G-Spot. El Depot sounds pretty dumb to me tbh. Edited April 2, 20215 yr by GuitarPik
April 2, 20215 yr taking a break while at work so i don't know if anyone else pointed this out on this thread or the game day one but did anyone else noticed that when a left handed batter was up, the placement of the umpire almost always makes it read "pot park" ?
April 2, 20215 yr 5 minutes ago, hovertical said: taking a break while at work so i don't know if anyone else pointed this out on this thread or the game day one but did anyone else noticed that when a left handed batter was up, the placement of the umpire almost always makes it read "pot park" ?
April 2, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, Entendu said: Three nicknames you presented are all pretty bad Yeah, el Depot is stupid. I guess he only did that because "Miami"? "The Depot" is ok. 1 hour ago, el_gmac said: so bottom line you bastards are happy with whatever name as long the Marlins are pocketing from it ...interesting No, I wouldn't say that. I think it's more that that's the deal they signed, and you make the best out of it/look at the positive of it. Us not liking the name isn't going to change the fact that that's the name for whatever period of time the deal is for.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.