Ballpark Naming Rights

Michael

7 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Man, I was so tempted.. but I know that if we get into Marvel/Superhero puns, there will at least 10 pages of nonstop pun posts, but I feel bad since this is a thread discussing the new ballpark name, and I wouldn’t want to stretch this out too much. 

😂

You just didn't wanna make a big Thing outta it

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I was so confused trying to figure out what this meant and looking at their logo wondering how/why the P in DePot would be capitalized, until I understood they were talking about park.

Here's a potential layout for the names.

166278295_4145125878839847_3321673329898509166_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=SwzdJz5Jqd8AX_3DCv-&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&tp=6&oh=62a6ec3fbc4ea33e732bb92114e53154&oe=6088529E

I just threw up in my mouth. I pray they dont go that overboard with the logo.

1 hour ago, Piazza31 said:

I just threw up in my mouth. I pray they dont go that overboard with the logo.

I mean, reality is it's one on each side plus one on top.  Unless coming from certain angles at a distance, you won't see but one logo at a time.

8 hours ago, el_gmac said:

Here is what people aren't getting with El Depot -- it's got strong nicknamification game. That was a saving grace of US Cellular "The Cell" Field. "El Depot" and "Depot-cito" sound cool and roll of the tongue.

Tell me, what nickname can Truist Park or Guaranteed Rate Park or T-Mobile Field have? They defy nicknames and thus true fan ownership. I'd take El Depot over them any day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Here is what people aren't getting with El Depot -- it's got strong nicknamification game. That was a saving grace of US Cellular "The Cell" Field. "El Depot" and "Depot-cito" sound cool and roll of the tongue.

Tell me, what nickname can Truist Park or Guaranteed Rate Park or T-Mobile Field have? They defy nicknames and thus true fan ownership. I'd take El Depot over them any day.

Three nicknames you presented are all pretty bad

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I’ve heard Guaranteed Rate called The G-Spot. El Depot sounds pretty dumb to me tbh. 

Edited by GuitarPik

5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

taking a break while at work so i don't know if anyone else pointed this out on this thread or the game day one but did anyone else noticed that when a left handed batter was up, the placement of the umpire almost always makes it read "pot park" ?

homer simpson legal weed GIF

1 hour ago, Entendu said:

Three nicknames you presented are all pretty bad

Yeah, el Depot is stupid.

I guess he only did that because "Miami"? 

"The Depot" is ok.

1 hour ago, el_gmac said:

so bottom line you bastards are happy with whatever name as long the Marlins are pocketing from it ...interesting 

No, I wouldn't say that.  I think it's more that that's the deal they signed, and you make the best out of it/look at the positive of it.  Us not liking the name isn't going to change the fact that that's the name for whatever period of time the deal is for.