Ballpark Naming Rights

Michael

37 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I was so confused trying to figure out what this meant and looking at their logo wondering how/why the P in DePot would be capitalized, until I understood they were talking about park.

"Loan De Pot" sounds like a really proper British man politely asking for a hit of your joint. 

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

166278295_4145125878839847_3321673329898509166_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=SwzdJz5Jqd8AX_3DCv-&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&tp=6&oh=62a6ec3fbc4ea33e732bb92114e53154&oe=6088529E

I fully expected the top of the roof one ever since the park came out, but the east/west side logos will take some getting used to!  But at 10M/year, guess they wanted at least 5 roof logos haha.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

As an artist, I'll say there's nothing wrong with the decision to keep everything lowercase to emphasize the D. It's weird to us but it's a solid design choice for their logo.

Yup, in the context of their logo, it makes complete sense.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

As an artist, I'll say there's nothing wrong with the decision to keep everything lowercase to emphasize the D. It's weird to us but it's a solid design choice for their logo.

Makes sense - don't overfill your pockets, and it makes your D look bigger.

2 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Fantastic

Man, I was so tempted.. but I know that if we get into Marvel/Superhero puns, there will at least 10 pages of nonstop pun posts, but I feel bad since this is a thread discussing the new ballpark name, and I wouldn’t want to stretch this out too much. 

😂

As a person who values the English language, the styling is an abomination. I don't care what you artists say.

...and $4M a year is a bit disappointing. I find it hard to believe it took this long to get a league-average amount, and from a fugly purple mortgage company with no ties to the community.

• Like 2