Ballpark Naming Rights

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

That name sucks but who cares. Kinda curious why it's such a seemingly random company on the other side of the country though. Couldn't find anything more local or any bigger company? Man I hope they're getting good money from this regardless. 

Apparently this company is making bank on the house market...name recognition will probably help them pick up some of that sweet refinance dough...

I'm sticking with Mr. Cooper...in fact I wish Mr. Cooper bought in..."Mr. Cooper Park"

To be fair this is probably great for that company. Nobody ever heard of them and they're about to have their name on an MLB ballpark and will be mentioned on broadcasts across the country. A bigger company probably doesn't feel it needs to pay for that type of exposure.

The more I think about it, stadium naming rights across all sports have shifted away from big companies in recent years. It's a lot more of loandepot, Globe Life, Guaranteed Rate, and Oracle and way less of Pepsi, ATT, and American Airlines. This is probably no coincidence. 

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

That name sucks but who cares. Kinda curious why it's such a seemingly random company on the other side of the country though. Couldn't find anything more local or any bigger company? Man I hope they're getting good money from this regardless. 

I was thinking this as well.  But maybe they want to break into the South Florida market if they're not here already.

45 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

of course when they dropped a clean name like Marlins Park they got a horrible corp name...das so Marlins

I hate this take. What corporate name is gonna be a good one compared to a clean and traditional ballpark name? The point isn't the name the point is the revenue. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I hate this take. What corporate name is gonna be a good one compared to a clean and traditional ballpark name? The point isn't the name the point is the revenue. 

GOYA Park sounds better, now we'll watch baseball at the loanDepot 

49 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

of course when they dropped a clean name like Marlins Park they got a horrible corp name...das so Marlins

Actually, it's not so Marlins. The Marlins -- in their history -- have never recouped value from stadium naming rights. They let that fruit rot on the vine. What did they care? It's not like they were spending on the draft, international free agency, or player development.

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Jesus Christ , what the hell it’s that shit. I’d have accepted Discover before Loan Depot... and here’s a list of things I’d have accepted before discover. 

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I like how you all think the Marlins are able to choose any corporate name they want to put as the new name of the ballpark. 

I once had hopes and dreams for this team, but much like my marriage I’m left with memories and regrets. 

2 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

I once had hopes and dreams for this team, but much like my marriage I’m left with memories and regrets. 

Stop worrying about their past. Their future looks pretty bright right now, not sure why that's hard to see.

• Like 1