Jump to content

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, canada-marlin24 said:

Not the best start to the season here. Really dont want it to snowball into some 2-8 or 3-7 garbage.

You know what we're going to say to you, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to get back to small ball; speed, aggressive base running, timely hitting. 
 

If there’s one thing this organization should’ve taken from last year, it’s that the formula for this team (as currently constructed) is to win with Pitching, Defense, and Aggressive offense that doesn’t rely on slugging % to score runs 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Need to get back to small ball; speed, aggressive base running, timely hitting. 
 

If there’s one thing this organization should’ve taken from last year, it’s that the formula for this team (as currently constructed) is to win with Pitching, Defense, and Aggressive offense that doesn’t rely on slugging % to score runs 

That’s all hunky dory but the lineup construction right now is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  

You want defense then Wallach should start. You want aggression on base then Jazz or Berti should be leading off.  

With Alfaro, if he isn’t hitting HRs what’s even the point of forcing him out there.  Can someone pls explain? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

That’s all hunky dory but the lineup construction right now is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  

You want defense then Wallach should start. You want aggression on base then Jazz or Berti should be leading off.  

With Alfaro, if he isn’t hitting HRs what’s even the point of forcing him out there.  Can someone pls explain? 

Completely agree. Miami was at its best last year when they could get speed on the bases (Villar, Berti), steal a bag/create some chaos, and then find a way to drive that guy in. 

Miami was leading the league in stolen bases for a good portion of last year. That was our calling card. 
 

The Corey Dickerson leadoff experiment needs to end. I understand what they’re trying to do (get your best hitters the most ABs), but Dickerson isnt our best hitter. He hasn’t been a top 2-3 hitter on this team since he came to Miami. Move him down in the order and mix it up

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s adorable that we are scoreboard watching the first week of April.  Donnie is gonna cost us 4-5 wins this year just by making dumb lineups.  There’s no excuse for Jazz not being in the lineup.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as the lineup construction has not been ideal, you guys do realize that on Saturday the Marlins faced 41 year old Rich Hill and Chris Archer who has had around a 5.00 ERA since his first stint in Tampa Bay? We have run into good pitching so far. The guys will settle in and the runs will come. Just give it time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Yay!  Cardinals won!

Ponce de Leon showing what well placed fastballs can still do for you in this era of way too much breaking stuff. 

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Yay!  Cardinals won!

Ponce de Leon showing what well placed fastballs can still do for you in this era of way too much breaking stuff. 

Don't need to show everybody here which team you rooting for now …

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Michael said:

1 and 3. Did absolutely nothing against Ponce de Leon. Fastballs, nothing but fastballs.

Rogers' bad beginning did us no favors.

Why are we trying to hit so many longballs in this park? It don't work. Gap to gap, guys, c'mon.

to be fair, the opposing teams seem to have zero issue with hitting the longball so far this season....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hovertical said:

to be fair, the opposing teams seem to have zero issue with hitting the longball so far this season....

That's the case for us every year, though. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Michael said:

LOL Mattingly thinks the wind was knocking the balls down tonight. No, the team hardly hit anything hard, it wasn't the windows / roof being open.

Actually I was there and the wind was nuts. Even in batting practice we were remarking on how these balls looked like they’re we’re going to the upper deck then all of a sudden just did a sharp 90 degree drop. With that said, it works both ways. Yadi’s double would have been gone otherwise

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

As much as the lineup construction has not been ideal, you guys do realize that on Saturday the Marlins faced 41 year old Rich Hill and Chris Archer who has had around a 5.00 ERA since his first stint in Tampa Bay? We have run into good pitching so far. The guys will settle in and the runs will come. Just give it time.

That’s all practical and holds true to nearly every team though.  What should be concerning is Donnies approach to when, where & who plays.  Yesterday’s lineup debacle goes against baseball etiquette. You don’t sit a player (Jazz) after a day off who is the clear starter and move the team captain out of leadoff spot to accommodate his obsession for Dickerson.   With four gms in Rojas has penciled in at #1, 6, 7, & 8th?  A team captain man, just for a guy who should be batting 7th. 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Actually I was there and the wind was nuts. Even in batting practice we were remarking on how these balls looked like they’re we’re going to the upper deck then all of a sudden just did a sharp 90 degree drop. With that said, it works both ways. Yadi’s double would have been gone otherwise

Going off the Statcast data, we only had 7 batted balls that would qualify as "hard hit" the entire game. Possibly a different outcome with the windows closed, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

 

Maybe he should listen to his sister more often.

 

Donnie showing more and more why the Dodgers were all too eager to be done with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Maybe he should listen to his sister more often.

 

Donnie showing more and more why the Dodgers were all too eager to be done with him.

I hope his sister also told him Jazz should be in the lineup every day forever.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Michael said:

Going off the Statcast data, we only had 7 batted balls that would qualify as "hard hit" the entire game. Possibly a different outcome with the windows closed, though.

The second ball Aggy hit to right center should have gone out. I was sitting right there in section 36 and it was heading right toward me and then just stopped and faded right. I generally trust stats over opinion but having been there to see it, these balls had that hard backspin you see in no doubters and then they would just fade like they got it off the end of the bat but they didnt 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

The second ball Aggy hit to right center should have gone out. I was sitting right there in section 36 and it was heading right toward me and then just stopped and faded right. I generally trust stats over opinion but having been there to see it, these balls had that hard backspin you see in no doubters and then they would just fade like they got it off the end of the bat but they didnt 🤷🏻‍♂️

93.5 off the bat, and in that part of the park it's not going.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...