4/8 Post Game Thread

Michael

1 hour ago, GuitarPik said:

I haven’t been this upset over a call since the one from my avatar. This feels even worse. Had to take a break from posting because I’ve been so angry all day. Really wish we weren’t off tomorrow, I can’t wait to take the next 2 from the Mets. Go Fish!

This team really needs to do something to earn the respect from this baseball world !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

This is absurd.  HOW is there no ground to protest?   The rules clearly state if a batter is hit by a STRIKE, it's a strike, NOT HBP.  And clearly state replay of the game can be implemented if it affected the protesting team's chance to win the game, which clearly this did because it ended.  Not only that, the guy leaned into it.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I hate this take. They just throw their hands up and say there's nothing we can do about it but when it's clearly wrong you make sure something is done about it. Make this the precedent for it. There's a first time for everything. There's no way they should let this one stand. The goal should always be to get the call right no matter what and there's no question this call was wrong. This sorta reminds me about the Armando Gallaraga blown no hitter, nobody would have been upset if they gave that man the disputed call.

Absolutely.  Absurd that they just let this incorrect call fly "because".

I love this line I found in the official rule book in the general instructions to umpires too:

"Do not allow criticism to keep you from studying out bad situations that may lead to protested games. Carry your rule book. It is better to consult the rules and hold up the game ten minutes to decide a knotty problem than to have a game thrown out on protest and replayed."

Yet they didn't consult any rules here, they just did it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Well if we won anything today, it will be the new Conforto rule.

Yeah, right.   Because it's the Marlins they won't do jack sh*t.   But you know if it were the Yankees or Dodgers or one of the big teams, they'd have the rule rewritten then and there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, canada-marlin24 said:

The thing that I still don’t understand sis that the rule is pretty damn clear about a hit by pitch not applying if the ball is in the strike zone. 

The problem is that when a replay is initiated they can only look at one thing even if something else is obviously there.

The replay was not about whether the ball was a strike it was about whether the pitch hit Conforto or not. 

But it would make more sense if as soon as a replay is initiated they should be evaluating everything in the play with the intent of getting it right. 

You know what sucks too? The Marlins have every right to be upset and I think it's fair for Conforto to get a pitch to his ass tomorrow... but when that happens Conforto should bow his head and jog to first base and make that the end of it.

But what will happen?

Conforto is gonna throw his hands up and stare at our pitcher, the Mets will make obnoxious comments and gestures from the dugout wondering why we would ever do such a thing, the Mets are then gonna retaliate with their own intentional HBP the next inning and the benches will clear and Mets fans and MLB are gonna label the Marlins as dirty playing headhunters. 

If MLB can't police the game it's up to the players to do so but all of a sudden anyone who does this becomes the bad guy even though there are fair and clean ways of policing the game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

No going after each other, guys. ❤️ Thank you.

I'm involved in both of these somehow. First one I completely get, got involved in a fight that had nothing to do with me... but...yea...I'm sorry that I am rubbing people the wrong way - it really is not my intention to give you more work.

9 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

I'm involved in both of these somehow. First one I completely get, got involved in a fight that had nothing to do with me... but...yea...I'm sorry that I am rubbing people the wrong way - it really is not my intention to give you more work.

:hug:

• Banana 1

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Damn @rmc523 even stalks the umpire rule book?

What a legend!

Worship GIF

Bbc America Television GIF by The Watch

2 hours ago, canada-marlin24 said:

The thing that I still don’t understand sis that the rule is pretty damn clear about a hit by pitch not applying if the ball is in the strike zone. 

I think they're trying to claim that even though he motioned for a strike it wasn't ever "officially" called a strike.

----

As usual Marlins back down.   Should've protested anyway.   Ugh.

19 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Still pissed at how this ended. We all know we were going to lose. They stole our right to be pissed at Bass. If that guy is still the closer tomorrow, I am going to lose it. How do I get a refund on my Membership?

Donnie did say it’s too early or something to that effect in the postgame interview. 

2 hours ago, Major-Minor said:

2 hours ago, Michael said:

:hug:

I am here to rub everyone...in the right way.