5/24 Post Game Thread

It's another victory-win!

We're now tied with the Braves a game behind the Mets. Good stuff.

J'Daniel didn't have it as usual tonight but battled through 5 and kept us in this game.

Some run scoring throughout the lineup, not just one guy, although we visited Duvall County for the 9th time tonight with ANOTHER 3-run ding dong.

Big Dick Dickerson with the Big Dick two run triple in the 6th.

Cimber, Bass, and Pop with scoreless innings.

Sorry Morimando 😞

Jazz gonna go 4 for 4 tomorrow.

• Like 3

5-1 over our last six and a very respectable 22-18 since our 1-6 start in spite of a landslide of injuries.

It's obviously very early and we're only 23-24, but I'm getting a feeling this could be our best team since 2009.

Regardless, it's good to actually watch the Marlins knowing that they could potentially be playing meaningful baseball later in the season. First time we've experienced that in back-to-back years since what, 2008 and 2009?

I'm cautiously optimistic for the rest of this season, but more importantly, I'm beyond excited for the future. It really seems like Jeter and Co. are building something special. They still clearly need to get some bats, but man...this pitching.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Valid said:

5-1 over our last six and a very respectable 22-18 since our 1-6 start in spite of a landslide of injuries.

It's obviously very early and we're only 23-24, but I'm getting a feeling this could be our best team since 2009.

Regardless, it's good to actually watch the Marlins knowing that they could potentially be playing meaningful baseball later in the season. First time we've experienced that in back-to-back years since what, 2008 and 2009?

I'm cautiously optimistic for the rest of this season, but more importantly, I'm beyond excited for the future. It really seems like Jeter and Co. are building something special. They still clearly need to get some bats, but man...this pitching.

I'm hoping they're willing to actually spend money, though.  I know money doesn't necessarily equal good things, but it helps.  Not getting Realmuto at a spot of obvious need for what he got is concerning, but we'll see.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm hoping they're willing to actually spend money, though.  I know money doesn't necessarily equal good things, but it helps.  Not getting Realmuto at a spot of obvious need for what he got is concerning, but we'll see.

To be fair, this past offseason was a really weird one where basically no one wanted to spend money, so I'm not sure how much we can read into that. But yeah. It remains to be seen if the FO is actually willing to spend. I think they will (at least to an extent), but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Valid said:

To be fair, this past offseason was a really weird one where basically no one wanted to spend money, so I'm not sure how much we can read into that. But yeah. It remains to be seen if the FO is actually willing to spend. I think they will (at least to an extent), but we'll see.

I feel like they will spend it when the time is right.  We're not really expected to be competing for a division quite yet.  Spending will come in the next 1-2 years, when we can maximize returns on those investments.

• Like 2

BA has some shoulder stiffness that was lingering from yesterday.  Days off are imminent.

Miggy will be questionable for tomorrow after that HBP. 

Could be looking at a Beri, Jazz & Devers infield for a couple. 

As long as the power bats in the middle do their job we should be fine.  Alfaro will be a sight for sore eyes and couldn’t have come at a better time. 

Gotta love our position, under the circumstances.  Winning 1 division gm is like winning 2 so let’s go for the sweep and play relatively .500 or better until the reinforcements arrive.  

26 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I feel like they will spend it when the time is right.  We're not really expected to be competing for a division quite yet.  Spending will come in the next 1-2 years, when we can maximize returns on those investments.

If we spend on locking up our core long term and continue to spend on IFA's, I'll be satisfied.   Large FA contracts hardly ever work out.  I'd also like to see Marte given a  3 year ext.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Valid said:

Yup, I know, and that's why I wasn't calling for their heads when not signing guys (though I feel there were some guys we could've gotten on bargain deals given the situation).  If they don't spend some this next offseason, I'll be more concerned.

23 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Honestly, I would be more pleased if we locked up some of our players this year first, like Sandy & Aggy.  We will need veteran leadership and those two have the baggage (good kind).

We should clinch the division this year.  Sandy, Lopez, Rogers, Elieser & Sixto will be a powerhouse rotation by late June. The rest of the division doesn’t compare.  The bullpen, if in order could be scary good and we have the most depth with Poteet, Cabrera & Max If need be.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, canada-marlin24 said:

Unsure why Morimando is on the team but hey. 

He was gonna be the sacrificial lamb if we got blown out on the weekend. 

Just a warm body to eat innings since we used ten relievers on Friday. Luckily we didn't have a need to use him Saturday and Sunday though he sure shit the bed when he finally got his shot. I'd assume he's sent back down very soon.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

He was gonna be the sacrificial lamb if we got blown out on the weekend. 

Just a warm body to eat innings since we used ten relievers on Friday. Luckily we didn't have a need to use him Saturday and Sunday though he sure shit the bed when he finally got his shot. I'd assume he's sent back down very soon.

Probably when Marte returns.

24 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

We're "relatively healthy " in the division and it's the best opportunity now for us to take the lead in the division. 

Gotta be honest, I'd love the Mets skid to last a handful more games, and go from 1st to last, then stay there.  That would be funny as shit.

• Like 1