2021 Trade Deadline Thread

17 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

I would imagine someone like Misner and probably Eury Perez. You’re gonna start hearing that name a lot.

who knows though. Look at what Baez AND Trevor Williams went for.

Rentals in 2021 won’t get you primo pieces. 

like I said 3 weeks ago and like we just witnessed. 

With the asking price for Reynolds being so high (rightfully so) I'm not sure there's a realistic answer for CF other than Marte. Might really have to push hard for him.

Yesterday I said we might not need Marte if we got our CF but that didn't happen and Marsh seems like a gamble and I don't trust any of the other options. 

Ng has a real challenge with this CF situation. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

With the asking price for Reynolds being so high (rightfully so) I'm not sure there's a realistic answer for CF other than Marte. Might really have to push hard for him.

Yesterday I said we might not need Marte if we got our CF but that didn't happen and Marsh seems like a gamble and I don't trust any of the other options. 

Ng has a real challenge with this CF situation. 

Spend your millions now and bridge the time you got to worry about it a few years or trade away a good chunk of your future for one. I’m fully fine with bridging it with Marte.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

Spend your millions now and bridge the time you got to worry about it a few years or trade away a good chunk of your future for one. I’m fully fine with bridging it with Marte.

Give Marte a 2/30 mil offer once the CBA is resolved.  Vesting option or something for a 3rd year.

Call it a day. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Give Marte a 2/30 mil offer once the CBA is resolved.  Vesting option or something for a 3rd year.

Call it a day. 

Very doubtful he’d take that

• Like 1

Mish is discussing on Twitter Spaces. Apparently the Marlins discussed Bryan Reynolds. The Pirates were more willing to move him than previously thought. Miami Herald previously reported that they wanted 3 top prospects. Mish needs to double check, but thinks it was 3 SP not including Cabrera OR Meyer. Could revisit in the offseason.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Mish is discussing on Twitter Spaces. Apparently the Marlins discussed Bryan Reynolds. The Pirates were more willing to move him than previously thought. Miami Herald previously reported that they wanted 3 top prospects. Mish needs to double check, but thinks it was 3 SP not including Cabrera OR Meyer. Could revisit in the offseason.

Really hope so. Sixto could go if that's one of them. 

Mish says that there is a lot of pressure to win in 2022. Pressure from the top. They thought they were going to win this year and will be very aggressive going into next year. If they end up losing again next year, there will be major changes. He described it as unleashing a nuke if it doesn't happen. Probably would be major coaching and FO moves.

Edited by FishFan95
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

3 SP for Reynolds is a horrible idea. Even more so if they want Sixto.  I hope this never materializes. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

I guess the reason why I’m not upset but disappointed is that I’m not convinced we will do anything this winter and the FO really needed a win. They drug their feet to make moves when we were struggling which took us out of contention, they seemingly drug their feet in the deadline, so I’m not sold for the winter.

I don’t like the idea of giving up Meyer so I’m cool with that. I do question if Alfaro, Brinson or Monte were offered up in trades. If they aren’t the future, I hope we atleast tried to get something for them. Might not have any value but you have the whole darts concept.

I'm not convinced either, but am cautiously optimistic.

11 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

This is going to happen I believe. Hope I am wrong.

Sadly, I agree and also hope we're both wrong lol.

10 hours ago, hovertical said:

Keeping Marte via an extension versus getting Luzardo?  Which is the better option? (now knowing they weren't able to trade for their future CF)

The good thing is, though, is that Oakland certainly isn't extending him, so he'll be back on the market.  And if we're smart, they'll leave their offer out there for him if the market doesn't materialize like he hopes.

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

I say give them Sixto - his injury history is concerning to me.

1 hour ago, FishFan95 said:

Mish says that there is a lot of pressure to win in 2022. Pressure from the top. They thought they were going to win this year and will be very aggressive going into next year. If they end up losing again next year, there will be major changes. He described it as unleashing a nuke if it doesn't happen. Probably would be major coaching and FO moves.

There should be.

And they were morons if they thought they were competing over a full season with what they did last offseason.  Everyone saw the holes at the get-go of the season except them apparently.

I do think the team is not nearly as bad as their record has been, but it was pretty obvious there were some holes that they didn't address........and on top of that they just sat around doing nothing while the ship was sinking early in the season.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mk613 said:

Very doubtful he’d take that

we'll see what his market ends up being this winter.

He might get a 3rd guaranteed year and the Marlins would be dumb to not jump on that given their a) lack of cf options and b) lack of any real payroll commitments.  

2 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Well if that was true I’d think they’d be stupid especially if they could get away without giving Meyer,Cabrera and hopefully no Eder but maybe McCambley,Nicolas and Fulton and hell Neidert I’d be down for that 

19 hours ago, Das Texan said:

we'll see what his market ends up being this winter.

He might get a 3rd guaranteed year and the Marlins would be dumb to not jump on that given their a) lack of cf options and b) lack of any real payroll commitments.  

Didn’t he want a 4th yr guaranteed and that was a big issue 

Edited by mk613

2 hours ago, Rydawg said:

3 SP for Reynolds is a horrible idea. Even more so if they want Sixto.  I hope this never materializes. 

Absolutely.  Do not revisit that trade. Move along please. I don't blame the Pirates for this, they're doing the right thing, but I don't want the fish to give in to this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

GOOD!

This is the urgency I want. Enough rebuilding, this team should be winning and heads should roll if the winning isn't coming.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

GOOD!

This is the urgency I want. Enough rebuilding, this team should be winning and heads should roll if the winning isn't coming.

The owners think they're losing enough is just what we need, but of course they need to open their POCKETS first. 

7 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

This is what we all want

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.