2021 Trade Deadline Thread

Just now, FishFry said:

Having a trade fall through because of Alfaro would prove more incompetence then anything.   I want to hear that teams like the Giants declined offers in the likes of Max, Cabrera, Eder and top tier prospects.  That would be more accepted. 

No I didn’t mean a trade based around Alfaro or that it fell through over Alfaro, I just meant that he was probably going to be a throw in as part of a larger trade that ultimately didn’t happen. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

So we got Alfaro's clone in Jackson and Banfield's clone in Henry. How does this make us better?

You act like we traded Babe Ruth with 15 years of team control for these guys lol. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Nobody said they did but it doesn't change the fact it was a lackluster deadline and Mish oversold it which increased the disappointment.

Also, we can't constantly move the goalposts. First it was last offseason, now it is next offseason. What happens if they don't do much this offseason? Do we move them again?

I agree with all this and I'm as frustrated as ever with this team but starting at 4pm today several people just exploded with nonsense and assumptions. Apparently the 2022 roster is finalized and Kim Ng spent the morning sleeping in while Craig Mish just makes up random tweets for for likes. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

You act like we traded Babe Ruth with 15 years of team control for these guys lol. 

Making moves to just make moves is stupid. You don't need to trade Babe Ruth for that to be stupid. The Marlins did that today.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Lmao good timing, it's like the camera man turned the camera as soon as I said that.

I get it about the catching depth, we do need options there if we aren't gonna have a big time catcher might as well create competition there, which they've lacked for a while there. 

But I wish she could talk more about the CF search and about whatever didn't go down today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

if we got better than the Marlins organization must have really looked like shit going into the deadline

Considering it's just Jeter's PR talk, it doesn't have to be analyzed too deep and it doesn't need much to be considered true... if Marte and Duvall were not gonna be here in 2022 then adding Luzardo and improving the depth at catcher does make us "better" for 2022 

We did not get better today, but the guys we traded were whatever pieces…I actually liked John Curtiss but Mattingly never used him right so whatever.

The worst thing that is happening right now is that Lewin Diaz’s playing time is blocked for the next 2 months. They have to try him in the outfield…

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Considering it's just Jeter's PR talk, it doesn't have to be analyzed too deep and it doesn't need much to be considered true... if Marte and Duvall were not gonna be here in 2022 then adding Luzardo and improving the depth at catcher does make us "better" for 2022 

But Marte could have been here and pretty easily signed for a fair rate and filled a key role for the next few seasons while they try to acquire someone else or draft his replacement.  I didn't have a problem with the trade until they did shit all to fix the giant hole he left. The fact they didn't really do anything except trade our best hitter away makes me really sour and generally pissed at this team even more. 2021 has been the most awfully managed Marlins season I've EVER seen from both the actual manager and also the front office - and that's saying something considering the history of this team and some of the clown shows we've witnessed. 

Just now, SonOfJack said:

That was to get out of an awful contract and remains a good move. I am 100% sure the Yankees would want it reversed if they could.

Yep, as much as I liked G, that was a crippling contract for the Fish.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.