2021 Trade Deadline Thread

Just now, Iowa said:

Do we still have any idea WTF mish was talking about or is he spit-balling and hoping something sticks?

That's what it feels like anyway - waiting for the "Marlins were in on (insert 3 guys we'd all love to have) but weren't willing to part with top prospects like Brinson and Harrison"

4 minutes ago, hovertical said:

That's what it feels like anyway - waiting for the "Marlins were in on (insert 3 guys we'd all love to have) but weren't willing to part with top prospects like Brinson and Harrison"

I hate how correct this sounds.

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Nah I think Mish is pretty straight forward when he nothing is happening so I don't think he's just hyping today up for nothing. That doesn't guarantee something happens but I don't think he's making shit up. 

We are lucky to have Mish. 

I don't think he would lie or exaggerate...I think he operates on the information he receives. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Just traded Duvall to ATL for Alex Jackson. Alfaro replacement? Former top 10 pick

Alex Jackson was a first round pick of the Mariners years ago.  Currently 25y/o.  Didn't see him list on ATlanta's Top 30 prospects.  Jackson does have a little bit of mlb experience. This one was a bit of a headscratcher.  Sure Duvall has a low average and whiffs, but he is a power bat and a top RBI guy in the league.  Probably could have gotten a low-A but promising prospect instead.  Not "WOW"ed.

Edited by CyggyMarlin

5 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Alex Jackson was a first round pick of the Mariners years ago.  Currently 25y/o.  Didn't see him list on ATlanta's Top 30 prospects.  Jackson does have a little bit of mlb experience. This one was a bit of a headscratcher.  Sure Duvall has a low average and whiffs, but he is a power bat and a top RBI guy in the league.  Probably could have gotten a low-A but promising prospect instead.  Not "WOW"ed.

could it been worse , Indians got Sandoval for Eddie Rosario 

You think Marlins are in on maybe trading for Buxton and Donaldson? I would love to have Josh Donaldson if they throw in around half of the money. He is a REAL middle of the order bat the team needs and I know some here are bullish on BA but I just don’t see it long term honestly. And both would be free agents after 2024 so they have the same amount of control. 

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

You think Marlins are in on maybe trading for Buxton and Donaldson? I would love to have Josh Donaldson if they throw in around half of the money. He is a REAL middle of the order bat the team needs and I know some here are bullish on BA but I just don’t see it long term honestly. And both would be free agents after 2024 so they have the same amount of control. 

Pretty much $60 mil left on his contract.. not a chance in hell unless the Twins are giving up at leeeeast half. 

I really like his bat/glove but he's made of glass and kind of a douche. BA could play RF

Just now, SilverBullet said:

One hour left, I've got candles lit and big bottle of lotion.... give me something to work with Marlins let's go! 

I think Mish's sources have failed him.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Pretty much $60 mil left on his contract.. not a chance in hell unless the Twins are giving up at leeeeast half. 

I really like his bat/glove but he's made of glass and kind of a douche. BA could play RF

Yeah that’s what I’m saying, if they give up half then I’m all for it. As for the glass thing, BA has been injured all season and missed a third of the season in 2019. Albeit from a broken hand but Donaldson has had those freak accidents as well. Idk, for the right price I actually would 100% welcome him.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.