3 hours ago, sgleason02 said:

CF on Fangraphs Top 100 Prospects 2018:

2. Acuna
4. Victor Robles
13. Brinson
21. Luis Robert
36. Anthony Alford
37. Cristian Pache
38. Royce Lewis (had been experimenting in CF before tearing ACL)
52. Monte
57. Taylor Trammell
58. Jorge Mateo
63. Dustin Fowler
66. Jo Adell
69. Jahmai Jones
79. Estevan Florial
86. Leody Taveras
93. Jose Siri
97. Brandon Marsh

We should go get that Brinson guy. If not, ill settle for Monte. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

wasn't there another tweet someone posted on one of the 17 threads we having going that basically said all of the rumored CF's are not happening for the Marlins.  Who else is left as our "CF of the future"?  I get the excitement over the Marte deal but other than that it's been a pretty ho-hum non-exciting deadline compared to what Mish was saying was going to happen originally. I was hoping for some new bats that would actually make me tune in to some games the rest of the season. I have a hard time getting hyped over watching a pitcher, save for a very few in my lifetime.

4 hours ago, marlins_09 said:

We should go get that Brinson guy. If not, ill settle for Monte. 

This is my one issue with the approach. We already have the post hype CF prospects who's value is down. Unlike Luzardo, I have no confidence in this organization fixing a broken position player.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I love shrimp but that's borderline not even seafood anymore considering how differently it's used compared to other seafood. It's like another form of chicken at this point.

Shrimp, the chicken of the sea!

-SilverBullet, basically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

This is my one issue with the approach. We already have the post hype CF prospects who's value is down. Unlike Luzardo, I have no confidence in this organization fixing a broken position player.

Completely agree. Also why I’m scared that this CF move might be for Jo Adell. He fits the mold of what they’ve looked for recently. 

We really need a Bryan Reynolds type. I would even settle for Brandon Marsh. Just go get someone with a big league approach 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Is Mish trying to hint at a big name in CF? Because the only name that makes sense would be Ketel Marte just due to history and actual trade ability for us. Who knows what the DBacks actually value him at too.

Mish ruled out Ketel Marte last night as well as Buxton and Mullens.

18 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Completely agree. Also why I’m scared that this CF move might be for Jo Adell. He fits the mold of what they’ve looked for recently. 

We really need a Bryan Reynolds type. I would even settle for Brandon Marsh. Just go get someone with a big league approach 

The one he did not completely rule out (although he said was highly unlikely) was Bryan Reynolds. He also said that Jo Adell is someone he thinks would make sense, but the Angels asking price would be too high. He did not get into Brandon Marsh much.

6 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

You can put up with a terrible batting average if the guy is at least walking to get on base. Since Duvall is doing neither, he is not worth as much as the metrics say he is. I say move him.

They should but won’t 

1 hour ago, ZfromCIS said:

Is Mish trying to hint at a big name in CF? Because the only name that makes sense would be Ketel Marte just due to history and actual trade ability for us. Who knows what the DBacks actually value him at too.

Ketel and Bryan Reynolds are 1 and 2 for me personally. I’d be willing to move Pablo + for either guy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marlins_09 said:

Ketel and Bryan Reynolds are 1 and 2 for me personally. I’d be willing to move Pablo + for either guy 

It is all such a coin flip...but after Alfaro and Brinson...and Monte and Diaz...please try to give me someone that I trust in this lineup to replace the guy they just got rid of.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Kinda nice that being sellers doesn't mean "everything must go" like it used to for the Marlins. 

I'm loving this "sell while buying for the future" deadline approach that this FO has done a couple times now. 

You weren't a fan of, "cash & a player to be named later?"