2021 Trade Deadline Thread

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

If it's all said and done and they don't get their "WOW" piece I will say I'd rather they signed Marte to an extension than traded for Luzardo. Since so far they've only weakened their lineup further and I do NOT trust them to spend in the offseason. 

The real issue becomes, WHO would they even sign to play center? If they could somehow re-sign Marte it would be great 

• Like 1

so can we win 65 this year with no power except Ags & BA in the lineup ? I mean our offese way pretty poor already, just where are we going to get any offense from now ?

Is this front office really trying to ever build a winner at the MLB level ? I really do have to question it.

14 minutes ago, hovertical said:

If it's all said and done and they don't get their "WOW" piece I will say I'd rather they signed Marte to an extension than traded for Luzardo. Since so far they've only weakened their lineup further and I do NOT trust them to spend in the offseason. 

Yea. Ridiculous. But they telegraphed the plan to "build for the future" in offseason. 

I can't imagine anything will magically change leading up to next season.

Makes the pauper moves ever more glaring when it is proven that no one wants any of the former top prospects and AAAA players that have cleverly been packed into this team.

Edited by Major-Minor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fotog said:

so can we win 65 this year with no power except Ags & BA in the lineup ? I mean our offese way pretty poor already, just where are we going to get any offense from now ?

Is this front office really trying to ever build a winner at the MLB level ? I really do have to question it.

At this point throw a AAA team out there and try to go for the #1 overall pick. As to their intentions, I think they do they just are too cheap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

The real issue becomes, WHO would they even sign to play center? If they could somehow re-sign Marte it would be great 

I'm not sure. If I was a free agent that wanted to win, I wouldn't take a look at the Marlins....I'm just wondering why any of continue to give a shit about them...

Unless something rolls here in a bit this was a piss poor deadline imo. Got rid of their best offensive guy who plays a position of need that they could've resigned fairly easily. Had they made those other moves to secure some major bat I'd have been thrilled but as is? Now that the deadline has passed? Gross.

4 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

embarrassed, reluctant to give the top pitching prospects or just don't want to spend money on the players they would acquire ?

What really hurt the team is that all their top pieces are hurt or working back from it. You have Pablo, Elieser, Sixto, and Cabrera all hurt to some degree or at the tail end of rehabbing. Cooper would have been moved too had he not had that issue. I’m sure a pre-trade physical is probably what found the torn UCL given the timing of it.

Edited by marlinsmaniac

No desire to watch this team at all the rest of the season. It'll be even worse when they start 2022 with mostly the same trash with a few new rats sprinkled in for bargain basement prices and again run out the "we don't expect to score many runs but we like our young pitching" bullshit.  Barring very few exceptions, people don't come to see pitchers. I will NOT be watching next year barring some miraculous amazing offseason that puts at least a middle of the road lineup out there and stops overvaluing our OF prospects. Just won't do it. I am so pissed off at how they handled this season that I can't even think of anything positive to say at all right now. Just can't. Fucking shitty ass team is cursed with trash owners.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

In theory they could still make trades after today. It just wouldn’t be by contending teams looking to get better. You’d see teams like the twins trying to unload contracts like Donaldson (which is what the marlins should be targeting. Contracts for good players that their teams no longer wish to pay)

that doesnt exist anymore. 

The Luzardo trade was the biggest point of emphasis on how this FO operates.  Big talk with bad direction and cheap commitment on winning next year.  

Yeah, we will have the best pitching rotation next year, but Marte was the wedge piece that would have shown how committed this FO is by getting a deal down or trading for the right type of players.  (Bats)

• Like 1

I found it odd that Mish was speculating so much and I partly blame him for a lot of this disappointment. Why was he so vocal and excited like he knew something was going down? In the past you would read “marlins open to making trades that would help team win now and in the future” or some generic shit. Yet here we was almost telling us he knew something we don’t know. Super annoying and embarrassing on his part honestly. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

I love how John Curtiss got us a better catching prospect than Adam Duvall…

That’s because John Curtiss is more valuable than Adam Duvall so not surprising.

Given that with a good bullpen we would be only 4-5 games out without all those blown saves and holds, trading Curtiss for what is probably a Wallach 2.0 seems counterproductive. You have Alfaro and Sandy, traded for Jackson and drafted multiple catchers. Wtf is the point? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.