Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Watcha talkin bout Willis?

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Watcha talkin bout Willis?

  1. posting in a mini-epic thread
  2. 22 Now. I Was like 6 or 7 in 97 and I was watching Game 7 of the WS with my parents but then I fell asleep before it ended. Been a fan ever since.
  3. It's kind of odd to wish for a fire sale. But we should. Next year's team should only have this year's bench players and people from the farm system. Do you have any inkling what a fire sale would do to the perception of this team and to the attendance next season? That was my terrible sense of humor :|
  4. It's kind of odd to wish for a fire sale. But we should. Next year's team should only have this year's bench players and people from the farm system.
  5. I am sorry I started the bash-parade of the sign guy. I know he is a dedicated fan and probably a good guy. He should be able to do whatever he wants for paying for season tickets for *those* seats. I just don't like his signs.
  6. Someone email the marlins tv crew or whatever to stop showing the sign guy. If it's irritating for me to watch him on marlins site highlights, I can just imagine how awful it is for those that actually see the games every day. Nevermind, I think it's impossible not to show him.
  7. I've been following this team since i was 11 years old (I'm 17). And we haven't come very close to the post season in any season since. I started following in 98 when I was...8. I followed that whole season. Then 99,00,01,02 I didn't follow as closely until 03 which I followed from the beginning. You may not have witnessed the Marlins be good during a season but I think there is a little bit of dignity in having won all of our playoff series as opposed to being like the Braves or Phillies and choking in the postseason.
  8. I'd like to see Ozzie go into a 1998 Leyland like tirade where he demeans every single position player in the clubhouse, then pulls a billy martin like tirade right after where he flips over the buffet table and says dinner is served. If he flip over the buffet table, bell would be very upset. *flips the buffet table* Bell: HEY! Ozzie: SIH THE FUH DOWN YOU FA-AH FUH, YOU A HUGE PART O TIS! Bell: ... *sits down* Ozzie: Dinner ih serd. Oh god, i spit my soda out from laughing
  9. If Ozzie Guillen was not too busy getting drunk after every game (his own admission) he would have the foresight to see that there is only one man on this team who should be closing for us...Steve Cishek. I know Leo Nunez is coming back, but he would be better off in a less stressful role, such as an 8th inning man. I honestly do not see anyone else but Cishek who can step up to the plate link?
  10. Should have let out that frustration on Bell's gut.
  11. Can we force him into retirement? I don't wouldn't wish his suckiness on any other team.
  12. Maybe the $10 tickets tomorrow will help. By the way, any info on those tickets? I briefly heard about it on the radio but didn't get the details. Edit: Nevermind, I just saw it on the website. Is there a limited amount?
  13. So I felt pretty bad for bell yesterday getting booed at the stadium. I don't anymore.
  14. Great game. First time I went to the park and it was awesome. It's also pretty convenient that the stadium is only 20 minutes away if I go walking.
  15. I know this is a bit off topic but, are tickets cheaper at the stadium? And are there any additional convenience fees like when doing the checkout process online?
  16. This one pissed me off... and most recently, the silver monstrosity of the new Florida Marlins stadium erected to dwarf the neighborhood http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/06/2489417/miami-man-believed-killed-by-massive.html The thing is that the article has nothing to do with the stadium. It's about a guy who got stung by bees, fell down some stairs, and died. The only reason it was brought up was because the house was in Little Havana.
  17. I didn't make it...
  18. Quickly looking at his stats, aren't Darvish's numbers waaay better than Matsuzaka's in Japan? Has there been any other Japanese pitcher with numbers that good?
  19. Coming out of lurking to post in an epic thread. That being said, I've lurked here since july of 03 so don't give me the fair weather fan bs. FAIRWEATHER! Social anxiety
  20. Coming out of lurking to post in an epic thread. That being said, I've lurked here since july of 03 so don't give me the fair weather fan bs.
  21. I don't have pics but I have a funny story. Me and my friend don't own Marlins caps, so we went with my Red Sox cap and his Yankee cap. Billy the Marlins saw my friend's Yankee cap and walked up the bleachers to take it from him... My friend pointed at me so Billy took my cap as well. He held them both up to the crowd, drawing boos every time he held it up lmao.. http://i31.tinypic.com/1219ahj.jpg Hahahahaha yeah I saw that. I was kicking myself afterwards for not recording it. Anyone else see the old guy with the marlins tattoo? Damn, I wish I could be as cool as him.
  22. Trying the panorama feature on my phone so thats why it looks kinda weird Most of the pictures I took are the same as that. I took mostly video.
  23. I thought I might have left home too early like at 7:40, but by the time I got there at 8:20ish the line had already started inside. Then I looked back at the line and it was going around the block. Thankfully I got to the bleachers before they ran out of seats.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.