Everything posted by alejandrasnow
-
New Official Slogan
I like it. It's like a tradition every season seeing how corny and dumb these slogans are. They make me laugh.
-
Lost password unable to sign back in
It worked! Thank you so much!
-
Garrett Wittles Charged with Rape
Initial hearings are set for April. Thanks for the info!
-
12 Spring Training Games on TV
If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never sure what I get with blackout restrictions and all that. Extra innings only covers the regular season, but if you have the Sports Pack from DirecTV with all the FSN's then you can see them. I don't have that package but thanks for letting me know! You could probably just subscribe to MLB TV for just spring training (or 30 days) and then cancel it. But you have to take into account whatever blackout restrictions that might apply. I like that idea, especially considering I might be on campus during some of those days.
-
12 Spring Training Games on TV
If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never sure what I get with blackout restrictions and all that. Extra innings only covers the regular season, but if you have the Sports Pack from DirecTV with all the FSN's then you can see them. I don't have that package but thanks for letting me know! You could probably just subscribe to MLB TV for just spring training (or 30 days) and then cancel it. But you have to take into account whatever blackout restrictions that might apply. I like that idea, especially considering I might be on campus during some of those days.
-
12 Spring Training Games on TV
If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never sure what I get with blackout restrictions and all that. Extra innings only covers the regular season, but if you have the Sports Pack from DirecTV with all the FSN's then you can see them. I don't have that package but thanks for letting me know!
-
12 Spring Training Games on TV
If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never sure what I get with blackout restrictions and all that. Extra innings only covers the regular season, but if you have the Sports Pack from DirecTV with all the FSN's then you can see them. I don't have that package but thanks for letting me know!
-
12 Spring Training Games on TV
If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never show what I get with blackout restrictions and all that.
-
12 Spring Training Games on TV
If I have extra innings will I get these? I'm never show what I get with blackout restrictions and all that.
-
Official College Basketball Thread
Gameday in Gainesville for the UF vs. Kentucky game this Saturday!
-
Garrett Wittles Charged with Rape
Has there been any development in this case? I haven't seen anything new about it since the 28th of December.
-
Songs Stuck in Your Head
M'aidez- Sneaker Pimps
-
Name a movie title that describes a poop you've taken
Black Swan .... :lol this thread is gross but it makes me giggle like a 9 year old!
- FunFest
-
2010 College Football Thread
Go FIU!!!
-
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas guys! Happy New Years too!
-
Marlins and Nolasco at an impasse
I'd still trade Nolasco for Brett Gardner + spec(s), and live with Sanabia/Badenhop/Hensley in the 5th rotation spot. The funny thing about that clip is that those 3 "options" have been the option since Day 1: 1) Go to arbitration; 2) Sign a Long-Term Deal; or 3) Trade. Like duh, obviously. :lol I thought that when I read the original post.
-
MLB Network - MLB's 20 Greatest Games
Where Becketts game 6 performance against the Yankees? Without Marlins bias, you believe that game was better than the 3 represented? GW WS hit, BARTMAN, and Pudge getting ran over, clutching on to the ball advancing to the NLCS??? No doubt it was awesome, but top 20? No way. I expected ti to be on there due to circumstances, Game 6, clinching WS, against the Yankees, 3 days rest, Current Red Sox member, memorable final out. And it was the last WS game played in "the house that Ruth built". Although I do agree that it isn't better than the three represented excluding Marlins bias.
-
FSU or UCF?
Given that the schools aren't too far apart academically, I think that feel at/for the university is going to be the key consideration for you. You absolutely, positively need to visit. Take the tour, and if you have any friends who could show you around a bit on campus, then I'd take advantage of that for sure. I assume the $$ would be very similar? Undergraduate debt = not worth it. If there's any substantial difference here, I'm easily picking the school where I'd end up with fewer loans. Undergraduate degrees are just not valuable enough to pay significantly more money for, unless you were going to an Ivy or similar Top 10 - Top 20 university. I made a similar decision between UF and UM 6 years ago. (holy crap I'm old!) I felt kinda swallowed up at UF as a shy 17-year old, but I felt right at home at UM. That was what made my decision, and I knew it right away. You'll get a gut feeling - all other things being equal (or even similar), go with that feeling. LOL you say that undergraduate debt isn't worth it and encouraging to choose the cheaper school but in your personal experience you chose UM over UF! (I'm guessing you didn't have to worry about debt with scholarships and florida bright, etc. I just found it funny) OP, I completely agree with mystikol, if you intend to go to graduate school, I would advise you to go to the cheaper school, all other factors being equal. I'm not sure how much weight you give school rankings but if it helps, FSU is ranked higher than UCF and UCF is ranked just a bit above USF. UM is number one in the state, UF is number two, FSU tuition is stated as 19,773 UCF tuition is stated at 20,005 I know some advised you not to consider what you choose to study as a big factor in your decision but I think you really should. My sister was given a huge scholarship to USF (like an obscene amount of money) so she chose to attend despite being accepted into every school in the state but she had to transfer out of the school after her fist year because, after deciding what she wanted to study, they didn't offer it. I hope you get into UF and choose to go there. It's amazing.
-
2010 College Football Thread
lol, bye Urban. Thank heavens I'm graduating from the University of Florida this year, I don't think I could handle another (relatively) poor season while taking classes here. So you're one of those "sense of entitlement" people who wasn't around for the lean years(well until this year). Before this season, in the previous 4 years they had 7 losses and 2 NC's. You were really suffering. You poor baby. Just another typical UF fan. Randy Shannon to UF? Did you choose to ignore the bolded portion? He stipulated, that it was rough dealing with an underperforming UF team while taking classes here NOT that he couldn't handle being a fan of a losing team. Different things. Fishy, I'm graduating in May from UF! =]
- Marlins Everyday Lineup for ST Set
-
Javier Vazquez Signs One Year Deal
There is an insiders article by Buster Olney on this signing and the importance of Vazquez being in Florida. If any of you cool insider cats can give us non-insiders the gist of the article I'd greatly appreciate it. I read the first 2 paragraphs that was alloted. =/ That's what seriously pisses me off about ESPN. Almost all their articles now are Insider Only. Yeah and some of their best writers are insider only... lame.
-
Javier Vazquez Signs One Year Deal
There is an insiders article by Buster Olney on this signing and the importance of Vazquez being in Florida. If any of you cool insider cats can give us non-insiders the gist of the article I'd greatly appreciate it. I read the first 2 paragraphs that was alloted. =/
-
Why No Love for Sanabia, Villanueva, and Koehler?
Not to mention Sanabia trying to take out Adam Dunn which only adds to his bad ass repertoire.
-
Some Movement For Marlins, Uggla
I don't understand why Selig and co. would step in when it seems like the Marlins have done everything in the their power to offer Uggla a very fair deal. It's not like they offered him chump change. Yeah if Uggla doesn't sign and they end up trading him it might hurt the Marlins competitively but it's not like they can force him to sign especially if the speculation about his lack of desire to play in Florida is true. If Uggla doesn't want to be here and continues to price himself out of the Marlins price range there is really nothing the Marlins or Selig can do, is there?