Everything posted by alejandrasnow
-
Game 7 of the 1997 World Series
Oooo I'm so watching it! Thanks! =]
-
Game on FSN today at noon
Marlins vs Phillies game is on sunsport now. Miller vs Hamels Is this game the one where Uggla hits a walk-off grand slam? OMG I hope it is, I got home after that game was over and only got to see the replays. And might I add, it feels sooooo good to watch Marlins baseball again. I feel all warm and fuzzy. If you're interested they are selling this game and a few others on itunes!
-
Lindstrom to Pitch for WBC Team USA
So we complain that the Marlins never get any recognition, but when one of their players is recognized and honored with an invitation to represent the USA in the WBC we get upset because apparently he doesn't deserve to be on the team? I don't get it.
-
Marlins last void!?
I heard that Boston was interested in keeping Varitek and if not they were interested in a younger catcher. I doubt that Ivan Rodriguez is their idea of a younger catcher.
-
ESPN to run Marlins story next on Sportscenter
One thing is to complain about the attendance in South Florida, another is to say "how could Selig still let the Marlins continue to exist with their lowest payroll and attendance in recent years". I don't watch ESPN to hear the anchors sing the praise of the Florida Marlins, but I also don't expect them to question the existence of the team and discuss dismantling it, with no regard to the fans. The Marlins may have the lowest attendance in the MLB but they also have one of the highest tv ratings, so one could safely assume that they do have fans of which I'm sure none appreciate the constant belittling and degrading of the franchise. ps I agree with you completely Marlins2003. You know though, this media perception problem is never countered by the Marlins organization. Why not I always wonder. Not enough money? Irony.
-
ESPN to run Marlins story next on Sportscenter
One thing is to complain about the attendance in South Florida, another is to say "how could Selig still let the Marlins continue to exist with their lowest payroll and attendance in recent years". I don't watch ESPN to hear the anchors sing the praise of the Florida Marlins, but I also don't expect them to question the existence of the team and discuss dismantling it, with no regard to the fans. The Marlins may have the lowest attendance in the MLB but they also have one of the highest tv ratings, so one could safely assume that they do have fans of which I'm sure none appreciate the constant belittling and degrading of the franchise. ps I agree with you completely Marlins2003.
-
ESPN to run Marlins story next on Sportscenter
Any news on this story It was a 2 minutes analyzes about how could Selig still let the Marlins continue to exist with their lowest payroll and attendance in recent years. :banghead Wait are you serious our is my sarcasm meter broken? Is this true? If so, I'm quite literally banning ESPN from my television and hoping to God the mlbnetwork will show a little less bias.
-
Marlins Nicknames
Once again UPDATED Hanley Ramirez - HanRam, Great Dan Uggla - Uggz, Danny Cody Ross - Toy Cannon, Co-Dy, The Boss- Credit to Dim Jeremy Hermida - Jermida, Hermierda(if angry) J herms Cameron Maybin - Maybin, Spider Cam, Spider Maybin, C Mayb Gaby Sanchez - Gaby, Sanchez Jorge Cantu - Can-tuuuuuuu John Baker - Bake, Shake n' Bake, Johnny Bake, Alfredo Amezaga - Amazing Amezaga, Amazinga, Mez, Mazing Mez, Fredo, The Flying Mexican-credit to Fish Dynasty Dallas McPherson - McDallas, D mc? Wes Helms - Wes, Wesley, Emilio Bonifacio - Who? x2 Josh Johnson - JJ Chris Volstad - Volstud Ricky Nolasco - Noly, NolasKo, Ricky Anibal Sanchez - Ani, Ani-mal/Animal Andrew Miller - A Millie, Miller Time, A Mill Matt Lindstrom - Lindy, Matterz, Matty L, Moorman Man Matt Ryan Tucker - Tuck, Tuck N Roll Taylor Tankersley - Tank Renyel Pinto - Pinto? Leo Nunez - Nothing yet Logan Kensing - K-Sing, Blogan(if sucking) Lo Jose Ceda - Nothing yet MarlinsPride, you totally beat me to Hermierda, I was going to post that!!! I also call him Hormiga if he's sucking. For Lindstrom, I know the team calls him Stormy due to his fast ball. I also heard that the team calls Wes Helms The Warden because apparently he's very serious and strict with the young ball players.
-
Game on FSN today at noon
Does anyone know if the games on Feb 4 & 18 and the game on March 4 will be given on Sun Sports at a later date? I checked the mlb schedule and didn't find anything and I have class on Wednesday's during the games.
-
A little fun fact about the marlins last year
? IN THE STARS DEPT.: While we're on the subject, poor Dan Uggla committed more errors on back-to-back pitches in the All Star Game (two) than he'd committed in the previous 2? months (one). Then again, it was that kind of night. Uggla crammed three errors, three strikeouts and a double-play groundout into FIVE INNINGS of the All Star Game -- a combination unmatched by any player in history in any regular-season, postseason or All-Star Game ever played. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...mp;lid=tab4pos1 You know what annoyed me most about this? I mean aside from just the fact that all of that happened and it was embarassing for Dan and all, but the fact that so many ignorant fools blamed him for the NL losing the game when none of his errors resulted in any runs being scored. Ugh, you don't know how many times I've argued this point! It might have not been his night, but he was not the sole reason that the NL lost.
-
Mr. "a hole" Braman is at it again
In Dade he owns tons of dealerships including Honda, Cadillac, BMW,...etc. When do we figure out what is happening with the appeal and all? I live in Gainesville during the school year so I don't get to read about it in the Miami Herald, is there anywhere I can get an update?
-
Game on FSN today at noon
213 on Directv and 108 on Cox, MLB network.
-
Marlins, Scott Proctor have agreement (updated)
He seems like a good addition so far plus, he can replace Scotty O with the off field issues .
-
A little fun fact about the marlins last year
I can't remember which game it was but I recall Tommy and Rich saying this was the first game all year the Marlins scored 14 runs in a game and won! It seemed like late August or early Sept. Also last year was the first time the Marlins had a pitcher win their MLB debut in relief (Volstad) that they didn't win the World Series. Only twice before had a relief pitcher won their debut in 97 Alfonseca and 03 Bump. I know useless fact! Yeah there was actually two games in September where the Marlins scored 14 runs and actually won. Since you're saying that Tommy and Rich said it was the 1st game all year, that game was against the Houston Astros in which the Marlins won 14-2.
-
Move the Marlins out of Florida
Whoever wrote that crap is delusional... LMAO... I should have known by the overall rudeness of the piece and how it focuses all that venom on Jeffrey Loria that it is Marlins #1 hater Jeff Passan who has never let the truth get in the way of one of his anti-Marlins rants. This has been going on since Expos days and he feels he has no obligation to facts or honesty as long as someone will publish one of his ugly tirades. I didn't know about his past, but the makes it all the more ridiculous. If you're going to write a scathing article, at least have the courtesy of doing the research. $23.5 million expected payroll? What a terrible attempt to sully ownership. He spoke nothing about how at least 2 out of the 3 trades were a wash or better for MLB-roster talent, let alone overall organizational talent. Also, the idea the the "product" of the automakers would be improved if more money were diverted toward it shows a lack of understanding. Sure, they could make a more expensive car with better parts that would be better. If anything, though, too much money is spent in the process of making each car. This guy has no clue about either situation, based on what he writes. He says more money would improve both, yet implies that neither should be getting its "bailout" money due to a flawed model. Huh???? Notice how he uses "purge" and "jettison." Just irresponsible writing with a clear bias. You just know he was sitting their with this article waiting to post it, and when the Marlins "listened" to the Red Sox about Hanley, this goon thought he finally had the key barb to top off this piece. "Even Hanley Ramirez's name was bandied about"? What a ridiculous sentence [fragment]. He thinks the Marlins are a joke? This "article" is a joke. LOL! That was a perfect description of this ridiculous article. How anyone lets this man write his clearly biased anti-Marlins propaganda is mind boggling.
-
Mr. "a hole" Braman is at it again
As I said earlier last week, the ever philanthropic Norman "the gullible" Braman filed his appeal last week, right on schedule. There are Bar Associations throughout South Florida who are ready to memorialize him on courthouses throughout the region for keeping so many lawyers employed in these tough economic times. I only wonder how well sales of those nazi-mobiles he hawks are selling these days.: Marlins Stadium Update No. 560,222 > Posted by Sarah Talalay at 2:25 PM Apparently, auto dealer Norman Braman hasn't been put off by losing in circuit court ? or losing a "considerable amount" of money in Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme. Braman's attorneys filed notice Friday that he's appealing to the Third District Court of Appeal the case targeting the financing for $3 billion in Miami projects, including the Marlins ballpark. Braman promised all along he would appeal. All that's been filed is the notice ?that's all that's required. Braman's briefs in the case are due in early March, unless deadlines are extended. Several people have asked me if the state pulling its support of the traffic tunnel to the Port of Miami earlier this month will have any bearing on the ballpark. It shouldn't. Although the projects were tied together in the so-called "global agreement" that laid out financing for the $3 billion in projects, none of the projects is dependent on any other. Each needs its own set of government approvals and it's not a domino situation, where if one falls so do the others. And speaking of government approvals, it's likely the financing, construction management, non-relocation and other agreements spelling out details of the $515 million ballpark proposed to be built at the site of the former Orange Bowl, will be presented to Miami-Dade County and city of Miami commissioners in early January, with votes coming later in the month. http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/busines...te_no_5602.html So is his appeal concentrating on the stadium or on the tunnel.
-
IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!!
Go Tebow!!! Here's to hoping he wins the Heisman for the 2nd time! =]
-
OFFICIAL Marlins Winter Meeting thread
Recap: Deals done: Some scenarios were explored, but no deals got done. Rule 5 activity: In the Major League phase, the Marlins selected lefty reliever Zach Kroenke from the Yankees' Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre club. In the Triple-A phase, Florida picked shortstop Ryan Klosterman from Toronto, along with right-handed pitchers Brett Harker and Ronald Hill. Both were in the Phillies' system. The lone player the Marlins lost was lefty Matt Yourkin, taken by the Giants. Goals accomplished: Before reaching the Winter Meetings, the Marlins accomplished many of their objectives. Three trades before the Meetings aligned the roster with the payroll, reducing the urgency to make any trades in Vegas. The team now continues to explore possible deals that make sense. If it doesn't, it will stay the course until Spring Training. Unfinished business: Adding catching depth continues to be a tiresome process. The lack of quality catching throughout the league, and the cost to acquire it when there is some, makes it difficult for the club to secure a complement for Baker. Now that Treanor has been released, the club should intensify its search. Bottom line: "It will probably be quiet from here through the holidays. Basically, we're the same as everybody else. We'll go home, do our paperwork [Friday] and spend next week in the office, cleaning up and following up." -- Beinfest From the MLB website.
-
Max Ramirez
The Marlins are still reportedly looking at trading for Max Ramirez, with Ryan Tucker and Aaron Thompson coming up as possibilities to go to Texas. The Rangers would only get one of the two, but either would be a decent haul for Ramirez, a player who probably isn't in their long-term plans. The Marlins might be the only team out there that sees Ramirez as a catcher. MLB Blog. ----- Do it. What do they mean by "the marlins are the only team out there that sees Ramirez as a catcher"?
-
Rule 5 draft
Ryan Klosterman SS was just selected by the Marlins fron the Toronto Organization Brett Harker from the Phillies selected as well We really got those players? I have an MLB alert system and I haven't received any info on these players. Are they good?
-
Jayson Stark postulates: Hermida deals
Please no.............. http://hotstove.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/...utfielders.html Braves eyeing outfielders The Braves are still looking at a number of power-hitting outfielders that they could land via trade. Three of the players currently on their radar are Rick Ankiel, Corey Hart and Jeremy Hermida. It doesn't appear the Braves still have much interest in Ryan Ludwick. But they may talk to the Cardinals about Ankiel, whose drawback stems from the fact that he's a Scott Boras client who will be eligible for free agency at the end of the 2009 season. The Braves likely wouldn't have to give up as much to get Ankiel as they would to land Hart, who will be arbitration-eligible for the next three seasons. There have been whispers that the Brewers may choose to trade Hart to slash some money from the payroll. It doesn't seem like the Braves would have to give the Marlins a lot to get Hermida. But it appears they are more currently more interested in Hart and Ankiel. - Mark Bowman Posted on December 8, 2008 at 4:28 PM I love all these rumors. They continue to speculate that the Marlins will trade within the division (which we all know is possible) and they continue to piss me off.
-
A Look Forward to Winter Meetings
Sanchez of two years ago was much better than Johnson of last year. You really should take a look at the numbers Sanchez posted. I expect him back at full strength. I like him better than Johnson because he has proven he can be better. The current Sanchez is not the same as the Sanchez two years ago. And Sanchez has NEVER possesed the kind of stuff Johnson has. And he's always had control issues, even in 2006. Johnson >>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez If you disagree, you're Venezualan or retarded. Ummmm inappropriate much? I happened to agree with you that Johnson is better but seriously, maybe you need to take a valium or something.
-
Would the Tigers have an interest in Amezaga?
I was under the impression the Tigers were looking for more of an every day shortstop. They've shown interest in Lugo and I'm sure Furcal is on their radar. Amezega's bat wouldn't hold up for 450 AB's plus trading him now isn't a good idea. His only immediate replacements (Bonifacio and Andino) wouldn't equal his production or versatility. If we did move him this offseason, it would be pure salary dump and, like you said, we wouldn't get much in the return. I doubt the fact that Amezega and Cabrera being BFF's will be a deciding factor in a trade with Detroit either. As for Treanor, do you have a source for the Tigers showing interest in him? And unless we acquire a better candidate to back up Baker before this off season ends, Treanor is our best option (at least to start the season with). http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove08/c...&id=3728385 The above article mentions the Tigers interest in Treanor but I'm not completely sure if its real or just ESPN speculation. I also think you're right when you wrote that, "the Tigers were looking for more of an every day shortstop." I'm pretty sure that they cover that in the article.
-
Game on FSN today at noon
Can we hear it online?
-
Game on FSN today at noon
I have a paper and a final on the 10th but I won't miss the game on the 24th for ANYTHING!!!