Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

canefandynasty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by canefandynasty

  1. Fernandez toughest competition for NL ROY is Puig, not Shelby. I think he will pass Shelby by the end of the season.
  2. Ozuna is the real deal. If Yelich has the first two months that Ozuna had, most here would putting him the HOF. If Yelich was having the first two months Ozuna was having, we'd actually be a bit disappointed. We're hoping for a .315+ hitter with some pop. .300 would be underperforming. Yeah, let Yelich hit .300 in AA first before we expect for him to hit .300 w/ the fish.
  3. I've softened on Barnes at catcher recently. He suffers from Zack Cox syndrome. He gets on base a nice amount, but it's mostly on singles and walks. Generally I'm alright with that, but you can't pen somebody as a future starter in a major league lineup if they can't put up a SLG % over .400 in the minor leagues. I'd also take Hechavarria out of that "future" lineup, just because I doubt he'll ever be able to hit consistently. I really wish we had a backup plan for him... Why is everyone so down on Hech? Rarely is the board SO split on one player, but people seem to love or hate this guy. His defense is fantastic, I don't care what the metrics say, he is great out there and continually makes up for his offense in the field. And he shows flashes with the bat that he can, in fact, hit a little bit. This month he has been much improved... hitting .263 this month, certainly moving up... Hech is a negative wins player. He's an AAA guy.
  4. Name those 10-15 teams right now, sir. Astros Braves (B.J Upton has been dreadful) Cardinals Cubs Dodgers (Matt Kemp no-show) Mariners Mets Phillies maybe Rangers Twins White Sox
  5. Ozuna is the type of player every team needs.
  6. Oh look, a Dietrich dinger. One trick pony
  7. If LF is the easiest OF position to play, then Stanton should be there. Ozuna is much better in RF and Ruggiano is a better CFer. Ruggiano a better CF...why? Is it because he's _____? Thats the only thing I can think of, since Ozuna seems more than capable of manning CF, although I think his tools would be better utilized at RF. So, in other words, you agree that Stanton should be in left. 1B
  8. Dietrich is just another Dan Uggla to me. And, that might even be a generous comparison.
  9. If LF is the easiest OF position to play, then Stanton should be there. Ozuna is much better in RF and Ruggiano is a better CFer. Ruggiano a better CF...why? Is it because he's _____? Thats the only thing I can think of, since Ozuna seems more than capable of manning CF, although I think his tools would be better utilized at RF.
  10. Ozuna's defense has been absolutely terrific. If Marisnick does not pan out, Ozuna is the future CF'er. He absolutely does have the range to play it. He rates as one of the best defensive outfielders in the game this year. For all the talk about his offense (which I think some people are too excited about), his defense is what's making him so valuable right now. what's not to be excited about his offense? He's made some serious strides in correcting his biggest issue which is plate discipline. He's 22 so there's reason to believe that will get even better. All indications look like he'll be a 20/20 guy with a solid OBP and great defense. That's pretty exciting IMO. Ozuna has also been extremely clutch this season (I don't know why no one ever talks about this). He's batting a .413 with RISP and slugs a .630. His "Clutch" stat metric on fangraphs is 2nd in majors, and his win probability, relative to the amount of plate appearances/opportunities given, is one of the highest in the majors. Simply put, theres a lot to be happy about this young dude.
  11. Alot of Dietrich homers here...maybe is b/c he's _______.
  12. I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention because I thought Yelich was going to be our CFer. Yea, when healthy Yelich was playing LF in Jacksonville and Marisnick was roaming CF. Now that Ozuna has moved to CF, looks pretty clear what they think the future OF looks like either later on this year or next year. They were trying Yelich CF for some games even with Marisnick in the lineup. That was surprising to me.
  13. Ruggs in CF, Ozuna in LF. At least for as long as Ruggs is here. Does it really matter? Both have showed they're more than capable of manning the outfield.
  14. Ozuna 40.2 UZR/150 (leads majors) 7.5 RngR (5th in majors among OF) 4.8 Arm (3rd in majors)
  15. Didn't Ozuna make all defensive team in the minors or something like that?
  16. Ozuna has really impressed me with his defense this season. He has a strong arm & good range.
  17. Healthy obviously. Yelich is gonna be a September call up. I hope not. He was in a terrible, terrible, slump before he got injured. They might as well leave him in AA for the rest of the season. "The rest of the season" ends in September for AA, anyhow, even if they reach the playoffs. So let him finish off his AA season, yes, then give him a cup of coffee. Damn, I forgot about that. Either way, the point is that he might not be ready. He shouldn't be starting next year with us unless he absolutely hammers AA pitching from here on out. I think he needs to work on building mass and avoiding injury more than anything. A nutrition plan with proper workout regimen should fix that, which is best suited in majors.
  18. I don't even care about this game that much. The Heat won tonight.
  19. I'm kinda starting to hope the Marlins sign Stanton long-term rather than trade him for prospects. We no longer have that giant hole in 3B in the future, and our pitching in the minors has been very good. I don't think we could really get much net value by trading him any more. Don't be a fool. Teams are still willing to trade the farm for Stanton. You can't teach potential.
  20. Ozuna is getting cold, while Stantons heating up...Just another day at the office for the rookie phenom...would've liked to see more of LoMo's "Vottoesque" performances, but it's apparent that the guy is made of glass.
  21. Just to compare rookie Dontrelle Willis first half stats (that got him to the all star game) to Jose Fernandez: FIRST HALF STATS (ROOKIE SEASONS) Dontrelle Willis: 82.1 innings | 9 W - 1 L | 8.64 K/9 | 2.62 BB/9 | 2.08 ERA | 2.50 FIP | 3.26 xFIP | 2.5 fWAR Jose Fernandez: 72.1 innings | 4 W - 3 L | 9.58 K/9 | 3.36 BB/9 | 3.11 ERA | 3.22 FIP | 3.35 xFIP | 1.0 fWAR As filthy as rookie Fernandez has been leading up to the midsummer classic, Dontrelle Willis was even more filthy. Among SPs, he was 1st in ERA, 1st in FIP, 7th in wins, 11th in K/9, 6th in fWAR
  22. Jose Fernandez will get an all-star bid. Book it.
  23. Barring any significant injury, Shelby should win the ROY.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.