Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

canefandynasty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by canefandynasty

  1. Innings differential matters a lot, I think, especially during the end of the season. You need to consider things like arm tiring. Even if Kershaw ends up with a slightly higher ERA than Fernandez, his overall numbers would still be more impressive because he sustained that level of performance over a longer period of time. Fernandez will just win it another year, but Kershaw should get it unquestionably. A recent poll on ESPN MLB page currently polling who's more deserving of NL ROY between Puig and Fernandez in which Fernandez is winning by the mere 2%. Most of the Fernandez votes carrying from the Northeast and Southeast region.
  2. Innings differential matters a lot, I think, especially during the end of the season. You need to consider things like arm tiring. Even if Kershaw ends up with a slightly higher ERA than Fernandez, his overall numbers would still be more impressive because he sustained that level of performance over a longer period of time. Fernandez will just win it another year, but Kershaw should get it unquestionably. I agree Kershaw should win it this season, but I think Fernandez would've ended up with better numbers if he played out the whole season and the Marlins didn't baby him.
  3. Is it possible to have Fernandez pinch hit sometime the rest of the way? He has been hot with the bat lately. The only pitcher in majors to have at least a 1B, 2B, 3B, and HR this season. He has a better slugging than like 60% of our hitters
  4. His average velocity on his FB has dropped from his last 5 starts compared to his previous 12 starts before those 5. I think he's getting tired, and I can't really see it being a good thing to keep pitching a guy if he's tired, so I say shut him down now. In his Friday night start he blew that theory out the window. Yup. Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez averaged 96.3 mph on his fastball Friday night, according to ESPN Stats & Info. The average set a personal best for pitch speed in a game (...) Let him pitch. All the way to ~190 -- if he wants to. Who knows? He may even agree with throwing slightly less. Someone noted how much WAR Puig has accumulated (4.7) in a half-season, now 83 games. Fernandez has accumulated 5.9 in 27 games. Lack of time on the field and exposure is tough to overcome as a pitcher, but he's done it. I hope Fernandez wins. Puig may be extraordinary, but what Fernandez has accomplished is much more extraordinary. Not to mention that he's not an obnoxious, walking soap opera and drama queen. Fernandez total fWAR is 6.1, not 5.9
  5. If we shut him down at 170 IP this season, we better not baby his arm next season. That's 200 IP the minimum.
  6. risk vs reward the risk may be low but it's not zero. reward? there is none, Jose is already awesome and established and the Marlins are playing for nothing. If that's the case then the Marlins should've shut him down after the midsummer classic when he was ERAing a 2.71 on an already bottom dwelling team.
  7. Fernandez will probably pitch at least 3 more starts from here on out and if he stays hot he might get 3 more but on a 5 innings limit. My guess is he will pitch about 185 IP.
  8. Fernandez just won Player of the Week with Samardzija
  9. The Marlins should shut down Fernandez before anything happens to him. Harvey does have a torn UCL and will probably require TJ. Pull Fernandez out before its too late.
  10. Ruh roh The Marlins will show interest this offseason in slugger Jose Abreu, but a source said any courtship won't match the one they had with Yoenis Cespedes before 2012. Link?
  11. Verducci effect shows a pitcher ISN'T more likely to spend additional time on DL with increased innings. This whole limiting innings is all poppycock! Not that I think that it's right just because Tom Verducci said it, but if you're going to cite the Verducci effect, it's worth noting that this is not what the Verducci effect says.Reading comprehension. Got damn its like I'm talking to a bunch of kids.
  12. Verducci effect shows a pitcher ISN'T more likely to spend additional time on DL with increased innings. This whole limiting innings is all poppycock!
  13. Let's say Stanton finishes the season between .800-.830 OPS... How much does that effect his arbitration price for 2014? It won't affect him at all. Some people believe Stanton is actually playing half-arsed b/c he doesn't want to play in FLA, not because he's actually struggling. Remember the tweet?
  14. They need to get Austin Barnes butt up here too.
  15. ^^^ hush de fack up
  16. Dis nukka needs to go
  17. I don't always smile, but when I do... ...I must break you (monotone voice)
  18. Question: What is keeping Brent Keys from having his own thread?
  19. Stanton is the type of hitter that can go through big offensive bursts and leave you in awe, even if he streaky. He will improve with age and become most consistent as a hitter. As of right now, his upside IMO is as big as any position player out there, including Trout. I won't pass that type of talent up, even if we get solid players that fills a huge need on this team. One of our returns would have to be a sure fire blue chipper for me to consider the trade.
  20. Dietrichs WAR in 57 G is 0.1 WAR on fangraphs and -0.0 WAR on baseball-reference. I'm not convinced he's the 2B of the future. We don't have anyone at 2B IMO. I'm not convinced either, but he's still world's better than Solano I don't know about being "world's better", but he does have more upside than Solano.
  21. Dietrichs WAR in 57 G is 0.1 WAR on fangraphs and -0.0 WAR on baseball-reference. I'm not convinced he's the 2B of the future. We don't have anyone at 2B IMO.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.