How about looking at the positives?

Erick

There's no doubt the offense hasn't been the same as it appeared to be in the 1st half.

However, in the 2nd half, with a slumping offense, and our starters only giving us quality starts in less than half the games (5 of 12)...we've still managed to play .500 ball, against some of the best teams the NL has to offer.

Also, 99.9% chance this team will only look better by Friday, as it should be upgraded from some sort of trade.

So...lets stay optimistic, shall we?

It's as they say...just about every team will win 60 games and lose 60 games. It's what you do with the other 42 that truly matter.

And, at the very least, we know this team is not going to give up. Ever. 31 comeback wins proves that to me.

There's no doubt the offense hasn't been the same as it appeared to be in the 1st half.

However, in the 2nd half, with a slumping offense, and our starters only giving us quality starts in less than half the games (5 of 12)...we've still managed to play .500 ball, against some of the best teams the NL has to offer.

Also, 99.9% chance this team will only look better by Friday, as it should be upgraded from some sort of trade.

It's as they say...just about every team will win 60 games and lose 60 games. It's what you do with the other 42 that truly matter.

And, at the very least, we know this team is not going to give up. Ever. 31 comeback wins proves that to me.

We are going to win the division. Give me some stats to prove otherwise. :p

Seriously though... you cannot convince me the Mets and Phillies have dominant teams we are just as much in it as they are and I think we will pull it out.

How about just looking at the fact that the Marlins are 2 games out of first place right before the trade deadline

Yeah, you can look at it that way, as well.

But it just goes to show that with a whole lot of players struggling, we've still managed to go 6-6 since the Break, against the Phillies, Braves, Cubs, and Mets.

Not bad at all. Certainly not as bad as some fans on here make it seem.

THIS TEAM CAN DO THIS!!!

These guys have the next two months to prove to us that they're style of play leads to success. What a roller coaster ride of a season!

Will the roller coaster crash, or arrive safely at the station?

:mis2

Hopefully this isn't Final Destination 3 all over again

Great post! We just have to keep believing.

Great post! We just have to keep believing.

We win tomorrow and since the ASB we will have won both series against the teams ahead of us in the division, and will have earned a split with the NLs best record in their house. Frankly, only the Braves series serves as a disappointment. I love how when we have to win games 9-7 the gripe is about our pitching, and when we win them 3-2, the gripe is about our hitting.

Let me let you in on a secret. The Marlins will not score 4+ runs every game, only most games.

We win tomorrow and since the ASB we will have won both series against the teams ahead of us in the division, and will have earned a split with the NLs best record in their house. Frankly, only the Braves series serves as a disappointment. I love how when we have to win games 9-7 the gripe is about our pitching, and when we win them 3-2, the gripe is about our hitting.

Let me let you in on a secret. The Marlins will not score 4+ runs every game, only most games.

To be fair, nobody's asking them to score 4+ EVERY game. The offense HAS been terrible since the ASB, its a legitimate complaint. However, I think they're just coming back down to earth for the most part.

We're going to remain like this, 7 runs 1 game and 1 the next, until we fill out the lineup with more patient contact hitters. Its not going to happen this year, so all we can do is cross our fingers and pray they get hot in September and stay hot through October.

If they dont make a move its because the FO believes our team is just ice cold.

If they make a move, start worrying, it means that our offense is coming back to earth.

That made no sense.

I understood him, but I don't agree. Thats saying there is no middle ground... couldn't the offense be a little cold, and we still decide we need to make a move, to help even when they are slumping?

Either way, personally I think they are coming back to earth. Easiest way to tell is the quality of at-bats our guys produce... numbers are one thing, but when I watch most of our hitters at the plate, they just have a poor approach. The only guys that I really like their approach at the plate are Hanley (only sometimes), Jeremy and Cantu. The rest of them have terrible habits and I expect them to continue to periodically hit these bad slumps.

Hanley is excellent at hitting to all fields but has a bad habit of swinging for the fences too much and his strike zone recognition still needs some improvement (watches too many third strikes). Jeremy, I love his approach, he just has to produce more, but he to me puts together the most quality AB's. Cantu has a nice approach, and more often than not seems to make solid contact, but I'd like to see him go the other way more.

Everyone else, meh... Jake is just trying to upper cut everything, Uggla's swing is way too long, same with Cody, Willingham has the habits of a dead pull hitter but nowhere near the bat speed he needs to be productive with that mentality, and obviously our catchers stink (although Baker looks like he's got potential).

When you turn on EPSN and watch the highlights. More often than not, you see people hitting RBI singles by reaching out and pushing the ball the other way.

The Marlins feel they need to pull everything and it results in unimaginable K's. Pitchers have a gameplan against us. They do their thing, until they allow a couple hits. When runners are in scoring position, they pitch away, we try to pull it. DP or K. Its like watching the last 30 minutes of Titanic, over and over and over again on TBS. It never ends well.

Our players aren't cold per say, they just have been having DUMB plate appearances. As for Uggla. He will be a 6th hitter for the rest of his career because of his streakyness. When he gets hot, go ahead and move him to 5th. But its still nice to have a guy like Uggla who can get hot and carry a team.

When you turn on EPSN and watch the highlights. More often than not, you see people hitting RBI singles by reaching out and pushing the ball the other way.

The Marlins feel they need to pull everything and it results in unimaginable K's. Pitchers have a gameplan against us. They do their thing, until they allow a couple hits. When runners are in scoring position, they pitch away, we try to pull it. DP or K. Its like watching the last 30 minutes of Titanic, over and over and over again on TBS. It never ends well.

Our players aren't cold per say, they just have been having DUMB plate appearances. As for Uggla. He will be a 6th hitter for the rest of his career because of his streakyness. When he gets hot, go ahead and move him to 5th. But its still nice to have a guy like Uggla who can get hot and carry a team.

EXACTLY! This is spot-on. We're not being pessimistic, the truth is, we just have a bunch of undisciplined hitters that are coming back down to earth. The reason great pitching always beats great hitting is because the pitcher can always dictate how an at-bat will go. Our problem is, our hitters NEVER adjust their approach, so its like constantly starting every AB at 0-2.

What hitters are coming back to Earth, exactly?

Based on career #'s...I only see Uggla.

What about Hanley, Hermida, and even Jacobs? Based on career #'s...why can't they pick up the slack, if you're basing this on future predictions?

Everytime Uggla gets up there hes 0-2. Then they hit him with a fastball (which he used to serve up) and he stirkes out. Hes just cold right now and there is noo need for him to be up so high in the line-up. Put him 6th, Cody should be over him right now. Fredi needs to tweak the line-up when players go cold.

Also, if Hermeida is batting 2nd for the rest of the year, we wont make it far. Hes streaky, game to game.