5/15 Post Game

gizmo

Gonna give it to Maybin. He had a huge hit in the 1st inning. Would have really sucked if we had not taken advantage of Maine's wildness. Also had another hit and a sac fly, and I believe his out was a line drive to center according to Gameday.

Nice to see Jorge have a good bounce back game as well.

all of a sudden we have a pretty competent bullpen. We are really hitting on all cylinders. It will be nice to keep this pace and pull decent winning streak together

Only Hensley and Nunez have shown to be adequate bullpen options this year. Everybody else has pretty much sucked.

all of a sudden we have a pretty competent bullpen. We are really hitting on all cylinders. It will be nice to keep this pace and pull decent winning streak together

Only Hensley and Nunez have shown to be adequate bullpen options this year. Everybody else has pretty much sucked.

Sanches?

Sanches?

Been lucky...even though I was saying the same thing pretty much all of last year, as well...

3-0 since Brett Hayes joined the team. We're obviously going undefeated for the remainder of the season as long as he stays on the team. Although I'm starting to think we should trade him while his value is high to another team that is interested in not losing.

Hensley and Nunez have been terrific. Pinto has a 2.70 ERA. Leroux has been adequate. Badenhop was great until a rough stretch and the sub-1.3 WHIP is still decent. Sanches has been fine, even if lucky.

Saying only the two of them have been "adequate" is not fair. An adequate RP is 4.50 ERA or better, IMO.

Hensley and Nunez have been terrific. Pinto has a 2.70 ERA. Leroux has been adequate. Badenhop was great until a rough stretch and the sub-1.3 WHIP is still decent. Sanches has been fine, even if lucky.

Saying only the two of them have been "adequate" is not fair. An adequate RP is 4.50 ERA or better, IMO.

Bingo Bango my friend, not to mention that even with the Jose Veras's and Dan Meyer's ballooning our bullpen ERA we're still just below league average.

There are few things better in life than watching the Marlins beat the Mets

Amen to that brother. It's especially nice when you're at the game and the Mets do something stupid like being thrown out at 2nd base in the 9th inning. You turn back and say something like "Man, that was a microcosm of the Mets history against the Marlins. Just when it's starting to look promising, pow, you do something stupid and it's over."

What did he [2B ump] do?

Bases loaded. Cantu rips a line drive right at Reyes. Reyes throws to 2nd to double-up Sanchez. Ump calls Sanchez safe. Looked out to me in real-time, and X-mo showed he was clearly out. Sanchez didn't slide back into 2nd, but got lucky.

Big missed call, they quite possibly wouldn't have scored at all in the 1st.

Guest Guest

I too thought on the live feed that the ump blew that call at second base. It really wasn't even close. That was a big break for the Marlins because the middle of the order guys were swinging at some pretty bad pitches out of the zone while Maine was all over the place.

Not a big deal, but I didn't like how Fredi pulled Robertson with two outs and replaced him with Leroux only to have the pitcher's spot due first the following inning. I hate burning through arms that carelessly, especially when it seems like Robertson could have made it out of the inning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.