Need to take 3 of 4 vs the Rockies

The pen is biggest problem. I wouldn't be surprised if they send Sanabia down tonight to bring up an arm even if it means him missing a turn because all that's left for tomorrow is Tankersley Badenhop and Marinez and the former is good maybe for an inning but more realistically one or two guys.You could send Peterson back down and play defense a man short for a night and bring up a second arm or a starter to replace say hypothetically Robertson who you'd try to stretch out for a couple of turns in the pen, and then Tuesday bring up LoMo if he's healthy to be your left hand bat off the bench and spare outfielder but all these moves are stretching things really thin. The good news is no one knows the arms in NOLA better than E-Rod.

I suppose you could also trade Ross for a pitcher now (like right now although he couldn't be more outspoken about wanting to stay on SoFLA and he's Uggla #1 guy on the team) or Robertson or even Cantu but all these moves require a number of pieces falling into place, or strategically you throw tomorrow's game to the wind and hope Sanchez pitches the (second or third best) game of his life and is prepared to do what it takes and you pair him up with two of the guys who are left and they understand they are taking one for the team.

Or I suppose you can just pray like h*ll that it rains tomorrow night (there's a 50% chance) or the entire Rockies team comes down with an intestinal virus.

If none of the above makes sense to you, you aren't alone but the point is especially Monday we are facing some very limited options, a number of which are unappealing and perhaps even far-fetched.

EDIT: BTW, the comment at the top about the pen being the "biggest problem" does not refer to quality of their recent work but rather their "workload" and that to sustain their success each of the guys we've depending on this weekend need some amount of rest (I won't pretend I know each one's needs, just saying you can't go out there every night and not have your arm fall off).

Realistically, a split wouldn't automatically send us packing, especially with the struggles of the nl east as of late. 3 of 4 would give us reason for optimism, though - especially with our bullpen.

Never thought i would read that on these boards this season lol.

I still think we are sellers.

We are "always" buyers remember

The pen is biggest problem. I wouldn't be surprised if they send Sanabia down tonight to bring up an arm even if it means him missing a turn because all that's left for tomorrow is Tankersley Badenhop and Marinez and the former is good maybe for an inning but more realistically one or two guys.You could send Peterson back down and play defense a man short for a night and bring up a second arm or a starter to replace say hypothetically Robertson who you'd try to stretch out for a couple of turns in the pen, and then Tuesday bring up LoMo if he's healthy to be your left hand bat off the bench and spare outfielder but all these moves are stretching things really thin. The good news is no one knows the arms in NOLA better than E-Rod.

I suppose you could also trade Ross for a pitcher now (like right now although he couldn't be more outspoken about wanting to stay on SoFLA and he's Uggla #1 guy on the team) or Robertson or even Cantu but all these moves require a number of pieces falling into place, or strategically you throw tomorrow's game to the wind and hope Sanchez pitches the (second or third best) game of his life and is prepared to do what it takes and you pair him up with two of the guys who are left and they understand they are taking one for the team.

Or I suppose you can just pray like h*ll that it rains tomorrow night (there's a 50% chance) or the entire Rockies team comes down with an intestinal virus.

If none of the above makes sense to you, you aren't alone but the point is especially Monday we are facing some very limited options, a number of which are unappealing and perhaps even far-fetched.

EDIT: BTW, the comment at the top about the pen being the "biggest problem" does not refer to quality of their recent work but rather their "workload" and that to sustain their success each of the guys we've depending on this weekend need some amount of rest (I won't pretend I know each one's needs, just saying you can't go out there every night and not have your arm fall off).

Yup, when JJ didn't go past the 6th yesterday that's exactly what I was thinking. The bullpen was definitely taxed during this series. We knew from the beginning that Sanabia was only going to throw only 80 pitches and Noly unable to go past 5.1 innings on Friday. I hope Anibal makes this a mute point by excelling tomorrow.

Ubaldo might be beatable,but just barely. His one loss was to the Dodgers and even then he only gave up two hits and a run,but walked 4.

Our offense needs to get going somehow,but you'd have to be a bit shocked if it actually started tonight against Jimenez.

Agree with whoever was saying we need a sweep,obviously for several reasons. Yes a 4 game sweep is rare, getting 3/4 would definitely feel like a sweep. Doing it against the Braves this weekend before we go back out west is certainly possible,but the bats need to get hot. Not gonna sweep the Braves(or most any team really) scoring like we did against the Nats.

If we end this homestand with a dud,I guess we would likely see some changes start to take place during the west road trip.

After beating Ubaldo I feel like we can sweep. Then again Robertson is on the hill tomorrow.

I'll repeat what I said in the post game thread, with all the lefties in the Rockies lineup Robertson starting could highly benefit us.

The Rockies will be putting in their righties in the lineup, I'm sure. (aside from Gonzalez who plays pretty much everyday)