5/6 Post Game

I don't see pitchers being careful when facing Hanley this year as opposed to previous years. Pitchers are starting to throw whatever they want at him and he is just not putting good swings on the ball. They will keep testing him until he makes them pay repeatedly. He has seen a lot of good pitches hitting in front of Gaby and has come up short continuously. Mike on the other hand keeps getting a steady diet of balls away that he for some reason keeps trying hit.

The fact that he leads the team in walks while still batting under .200 would probably disagree with that

He also has 19 strikeouts compared to Mikes 31, I think Mike could benefit more from the better pitches.

I think its safe to say that we are not playing very well right now..... Our losses have been very Ugly lately and it's concerning.

I had to watch that on gameday on my phone and I really struggled holding in my rage.

I dont care how many we won that we should have lost. What happened tonight was horrid and is starting to feel a lot like past years.

You always say this, as if any loss ever looks pretty.

and its true. think about it. the loss to LA, the 3-0 blown lead to the reds, the two blown leads agains the cardinals and tonight a huge chance to take a big game especially with the phillies losing and the braves playing well.

So damn frustrating is the best way to put it. I'm not freaking out about the season at all at this point but there are definitely points of concern. You are going to have 3 teams battling in the east for the division, braves, us and the phillies and it's going to be a race. The wild card is going to be a race as well. Even though we are well over .500 we still have to be on your game and not give up perfect opportunities.

Out of curiosity, what is this team's record in extras this year?

1-5

In a way, that makes me kind of happy, because it balances out our unsustainable record in 1-run games a bit and gives me a little more faith in our ability to sustain similarly strong results.

I WAS upset but reading this whole thread has made me feel sooo much better. Because now I can't stop laughing at the horror in this thread.

Guys, its ONE loss, and a TWO game losing streak. Everyday in baseball is a new day. Move on.

Lies. There's no way we win any more than 70 games after a loss like this. WE ARE THE WORST TEAM EVER.

I WAS upset but reading this whole thread has made me feel sooo much better. Because now I can't stop laughing at the horror in this thread.

Guys, its ONE loss, and a TWO game losing streak. Everyday in baseball is a new day. Move on.

Lies. There's no way we win any more than 70 games after a loss like this. WE ARE THE WORST TEAM EVER.

Bad new bear?

1-5

In a way, that makes me kind of happy, because it balances out our unsustainable record in 1-run games a bit and gives me a little more faith in our ability to sustain similarly strong results.

If you go by the Pythagorean instead of the outcomes of W-L, the Marlins' record should be 17-14 instead of 19-12 (before Saturday's game).

I'm not saying your intuition is wrong, but I'm willing to bet that even with that lopsided W-L in extra innings, the Marlins have still experienced an inflated winning percentage that is probably the result of victories in one-run games.

Overall, it seems that the Marlins have had more good luck than bad luck.

1-5

If you go by the Pythagorean instead of the outcomes of W-L, the Marlins' record should be 17-14 instead of 19-12 (before Saturday's game).

I'm not saying your intuition is wrong, but I'm willing to bet that even with that lopsided W-L in extra innings, the Marlins have still experienced an inflated winning percentage that is probably the result of victories in one-run games.

Overall, it seems that the Marlins have had more good luck than bad luck.

Oh, I agree. In fact, I meant to mention our run differential, but I got distracted while writing the post, and when I looked back, I couldn't remember what I wanted to write (scout's honor).

That thought was why I qualified it with "a bit" and "a little more faith" before I forgot about the other thing I intended to say lol

Also, our bench sucks. There's pretty much no one on the bench you can be confident in pinch hitting. Cousins sucks. Helms sucks. Murphy sucks. Peterson sucks. Hayes sucks.

Good luck with that pile of trash.

Hell, this team would be in deep trouble without Bonifacio.

Hayes has hit well in limited time this year and he's probably our best catching arm. But whatever.

Yeah he's hit well in like three games. Wow. That's not gonna last and you know it.

He's the back up catcher. It really isn't his job to provide the kind of offense he is. His job is to NOT be a fall off defensively. And he definetly isn't. He handles the pitchers well, good arm, and has a nice glove. It's nice to have 2 catchers that don't think it's illegal to throw behind runners.