Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Marlins are the second worst team in the big leagues, right?

Featured Replies

Yeah... this season had so much promise and then, downhill.

 

I'd say that we are about the 23rd worst team though.

 

I see the Astros, Cubs, Orioles, Athletics, Royals, as worse. And then its a toss up with the Dodgers, Twins, Nationals, and Mariners I think.

No the Marlins aren't the second worst team in the big leagues. Looking at pythagorean Win-Loss records the Marlins are ahead of 5 teams; Cubs, Astros, Mariners, Orioles and the Twins.

Didn't we have one of the best records before June?

 

 

Yup. 30-20 at one point. I believe that was 4th best in the bigs.

Anyone willing to wear Marlins gear around town at this point?

 

Real fans. Why wouldn't we?

 

 

 

 

Wooo! Tanking for the draft! What South Florida does best!

 

"With the first pick in the 2012 draft, the Miami Dolphins select Andrew Luck" :dancehead

 

Everyone knows that the Marlins will probably just select some lineman.

Jake Long is awesome. And that was the worst draft in NFL history so you can't fault the Dolphins for not getting a superstar offensive skill player. There were none in that draft.

Too bad there were no Matt Ryan-types available.

With how bad the Dolphins' line was last year with the best left tackle in football, Matt Ryan might have ended up more like David Carr if we had picked him.

 

There was no wrong move there. They needed both. Jake Long is better, relative to his position, than Matt Ryan, but Matt Ryan plays a more important position. Still, there's no guarantee Matt Ryan would be Matt Ryan if he was here.

Besides Mike Stanton, I am enjoying the positive play of Bonifacio and Cishek. They should be some important pieces for next season.

Didn't we have one of the best records before June?

 

 

Yup. 30-20 at one point. I believe that was 4th best in the bigs.

Yeah. It was all good until the Buster Posey curse kicked-in.

With how bad the Dolphins' line was last year with the best left tackle in football, Matt Ryan might have ended up more like David Carr if we had picked him.

 

There was no wrong move there. They needed both. Jake Long is better, relative to his position, than Matt Ryan, but Matt Ryan plays a more important position. Still, there's no guarantee Matt Ryan would be Matt Ryan if he was here.

 

Matt Ryan is overrated. He's better than Henne though.

I watched the Sunday afternoon game because I'm a masochist, I guess.

 

Even when Mike Cameron hit the solo homer in the top of the ninth to tie the game, I had a strong feeling that we would lose the game.

 

I am now officially a prophesying masochist.

This isn't the same team that began the year.

 

 

A completely different team, in fact.

 

Even if some of the players were outperforming just a smidget (albeit Bonifacio and Infante performing much better in the 2nd half of the season).

 

That team on paper and even in practice was a WC contender. The dominoes just seemed to start to fall when we lost J.J..

Didn't we have one of the best records before June?

 

 

Yup. 30-20 at one point. I believe that was 4th best in the bigs.

Yeah. It was all good until the Buster Posey curse kicked-in.

And, to think, if we were just a couple of spots higher in that draft, we would have Posey instead of Skipworth right now.

#saltinthewound

  • Author

Besides Mike Stanton, I am enjoying the positive play of Bonifacio and Cishek. They should be some important pieces for next season.

 

 

Told you Cishek was cool.

What the hell is going on. I havent had internet for 2 and a half week due to moving house but have kept up with the scores online. I just don't get it. When i left we were flying and hit 55-55 against the Mets i believe. Now we are 57-70! WTF!!

 

This month is a pathetic repeat of June and it is simply not good enough, not good enough at all and something drastically has to change.

 

Its my birthday in 7 days so i hope we at least get a winning run up until then. Oh, Hello all.

What the hell is going on. I havent had internet for 2 and a half week due to moving house but have kept up with the scores online. I just don't get it. When i left we were flying and hit 55-55 against the Mets i believe. Now we are 57-70! WTF!!

 

This month is a pathetic repeat of June and it is simply not good enough, not good enough at all and something drastically has to change.

 

Its my birthday in 7 days so i hope we at least get a winning run up until then. Oh, Hello all.

 

 

I don't. I hope Stanton and Bonifacio continue to play well, and Hanley can come back to get some playing time in. But I don't really mind if we keep losing. A top 5 draft pick would be nice at this point.

I normally would make a point to be available to watch the Marlins. Now I will watch them if I am at home and have nothing else to do. I may check in a few times in September to see how some of the kids look.

 

Bring on 2012 already

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.