Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

competing exec on #marlins offer to albert: "marlins arent going to sign pujols. thats a joke.''

While whomever said that is an asshole, i don't think we will land Pujols either. And it'll be for the best as long as we get Reyes and Buehrle (and Cespedes)

Pujols alone won't make the marlins a playoff team , so not signing him can actually allow the marlins to go out and get some more pieces for the team , maybe Reyes, Cespedes , starting rotation ......I doubt they can afford pujols plus everybody else

I think the Marlins knew all along they can't afford Pujols, but they want to make noise and drum up publicity. People here are going to be sorely disappointed with what the Marlins end up doing this offseason.

 

 

If we do end up getting Reyes and Buerhle (Or even just Reyes), how can anyone be disappointed?

I would be giddy.

I think the Marlins knew all along they can't afford Pujols, but they want to make noise and drum up publicity. People here are going to be sorely disappointed with what the Marlins end up doing this offseason.

 

 

If we do end up getting Reyes and Buerhle (Or even just Reyes), how can anyone be disappointed?

Because there are more options on the table. Don't get me wrong, I will be happy if we get him, but I will be furious if he is all we get.

Reyes & Beau Jones = successful offseason

I think the Marlins knew all along they can't afford Pujols, but they want to make noise and drum up publicity. People here are going to be sorely disappointed with what the Marlins end up doing this offseason.

 

 

If we do end up getting Reyes and Buerhle (Or even just Reyes), how can anyone be disappointed?

Because there are more options on the table. Don't get me wrong, I will be happy if we get him, but I will be furious if he is all we get.

Getting just Reyes probably doesn't make the Marlins a contender (assuming the rotation stays the same and Vazquez is not replaced).

 

I'm disappointed if the Marlins don't replace Vazquez and don't upgrade Volstad.

  • Author

If we get Buehrle, I wouldn't mind going with Volstad. JJ is a #1, Buehrle and Anibal are #2-#3s, Nolasco is a solid #4, and I think Volstad would still be fine as a #5.

If we get Buehrle, I wouldn't mind going with Volstad. JJ is a #1, Buehrle and Anibal are #2-#3s, Nolasco is a solid #4, and I think Volstad would still be fine as a #5.

 

I would be a lot happier with Vasquez/Hernandez/Any cheap veteran. Maybe even Hand.

The Marlins offer to Pujols was for NINE years, according to yahoo's Tim Brown.

 

WOW.

The Marlins offer to Pujols was for NINE years, according to yahoo's Tim Brown.

 

WOW.

 

I hate to be that guy... but link?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AiWlnZiBTYhSe7UCGqxKUqE5nYcB?slug=ti-brown_hardball_verlander_cy_young_111511

 

The Miami Marlins aren’t messing around. Their standing offer to Albert Pujols(notes) is believed to be for nine years. With a competitive average annual value (say $25 million), that’s $225 million, minimum, and that’s more than what the St. Louis Cardinals are believed to have offered in the spring. Is it possible that two weeks into November Pujols could already have what will be his best offer?

lksdfjldkfjasd;lfkjeowrujfl

 

 

!!!!

http://sports.yahoo....cy_young_111511

 

The Miami Marlins aren’t messing around. Their standing offer to Albert Pujols(notes) is believed to be for nine years. With a competitive average annual value (say $25 million), that’s $225 million, minimum, and that’s more than what the St. Louis Cardinals are believed to have offered in the spring. Is it possible that two weeks into November Pujols could already have what will be his best offer?

 

Holy crap. Well Loria apparently really wants him.

Yeah I'm calling BS. No intentions to sign.

 

You're calling BS on the people who thought there was no chance he comes here, I assume?

 

I'm calling BS if they offered Pujols a 9 year contract worth around $225 million. Or rather, if they truly did, they have zero intention of signing Pujols.

 

I'd like to believe they offered a less competitive contract but genuinely want to sign him.

I would love to have him, but I'm doubting those numbers.

 

 

I don't doubt the numbers. I want to doubt the numbers, but something tells me they're legit. However something also tells me that if he accepts, the Marlins will attempt to renegotiate and throw the deal away. Because I genuinely believe that's just an offer to make noise.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.