New Stadium Pics

rduffy

I know a bunch of people that say that the new stadium looks like a space ship but seriously, I think it looks beautiful. I can't wait to watch a game there.

Ive heard the can opener one, which if you look at it at a certain angle... eeehh they've got a pretty good argument. Nevertheless, I am so excited to see this beauty.

Am I the only one that's gets a big black box from kcellis post?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghostoffire/sets/72157627570236051/with/6157918218/

Thanks for the link kcellis. I dont know why it wasnt working.

Ufo, can-opener. I dont care what they call it. Its fantastic looking and something completely different then what we have seen before in a ballpark. Miller Park retains the traditional baseball aspects on the outside other then the roof itself. Some on another board were saying that our stadium looks to much like Miller Park on the inside. Those guys couldnt tell there left hand from their left foot anway though.

That's a very cool pic. They're definitely testing the main screen, maybe all of them at once to get that kind of glow to the exterior.

There have been red, green and blue-tinged reflections on the interior cam shots at various times for the last few days, usually between 1 and 4 PM, and on some of the exterior shots you can see a small portion of the lit main screen in various colors, depending on the time. The current interior panorama pic (11-09, 12:56 PM, yesterday, early afternoon) shows the main board lit up as entirely white. That should be viewable for the next day or so.

You can see the all-white main board in that pic through the exterior in the form of an "L"-shaped (rotated 90 degrees clockwise) bright-white area in the pic. The 2rd (3rd? how do we count the mezzanine?) deck stands down the 3B line block most of it, leaving only the rotated "L" visible from the exterior.

There's no doubt that the main screen works.

A week or two ago, one of the interior views (they only take a shot every 1.5 hours) caught a section of ribbon-board on the 1B line lit up. It said "Pepsi."

:lol

Just kidding. It was solid green. A mere test. Good to see that the manufacturers and installers are on their game. Samson is the king of stadium construction whip-cracking when it comes to being on-time and on-budget.

Outside of electronics tests, the most interesting thing caught by the once-an-hour exterior shots is the occasional jet on final approach to MIA. Must have seen 30 or 40 since they started.

It's also clear that they're ready to start laying down the playing field dirt upon which the grass will grow on top of the plastic and the massive drainage system installed over the last couple of weeks, check out those gigantic piles of dirt sitting down the 1B line that have been hauled in over the last day or two.

fwiw, if you look closely at the rightmost stairwell on the parking garage in the picture, you can see 3 rectangles colored blue, orange, and yellow, all kinda pastel. possible uniform scheme?

Those are basically the same colors that are in the new hat so your pretty much right on that. Awesome pictures too.

Since it seems like everyone is ignoring the Cleavelander thread. Im wondering when they are going to get started on it. They have yet to even begin it looks like from the webcam. They have the clevelander seat platforms in thats about it though.

Also just noticed that the Bullpen seats now have the red and green wall practically complete.

It looks as though the new ballpark forum has been deleted, so I created this thread for people to post new pictures of the new ballpark. Especially from those of you who are attending the pick-a-seat thing today.

Forum was merged into this one, I'll combine the threads for you now. Thanks for all the pictures you've been posting by the way, I've enjoyed seeing them.

It looks as though the new ballpark forum has been deleted, so I created this thread for people to post new pictures of the new ballpark. Especially from those of you who are attending the pick-a-seat thing today.

Forum was merged into this one, I'll combine the threads for you now. Thanks for all the pictures you've been posting by the way, I've enjoyed seeing them.

Ahh, I see. I was hoping it wasn't deleted, as there are some fantastic posts in there, especially from "..."