20th Anniversary patch

poptart

Are we 100% sure this is legit? The FO has made such a big freakin deal about doing away with "Florida" Marlins completely over the past couple seasons, and now one year into the Miami moniker they bring it back? Add in the fact that the numbers are crooked and the blatant Rays ripoff, this just isn't sitting right with me.

They are quite hypocritical about that. They say it, and even won't let the office people have any "Florida" stuff on their desks. Yet they sure do display the two world championships at the new stadium and Roger Dean. If they think it's to their advantage they may do something like this, and/or the 2003 anniversary. I'm with you. I'm doubting this is the final product.

I think they started the 10th anniversary patches/rememberance in 2002. As in, our 10th year in MLB. With the new pond hype and the big deal they made of the name change, I can understand why they didn't continue that thought process.

This is a confirmed fake.

Also per Juan Rodriguez of the Sun-Sentinel, we will not be wearing ANY patch for the 20th anniversary in 2013.

Sometimes, I wish this ownership group would sell the team, and we never heard from them again! It's sickening how much they hate the F...

Remember this ownership could care less about this teams past.

Which is why former players are working for the team and all of the suites are named after them and Florida Marlins images are all over the park and Roger Dean.

"All over"??? Seriously?? I would fall over laughing but I don't want to dirty my #5 Barger jersey.

Which is why former players are working for the team and all of the suites are named after them and Florida Marlins images are all over the park and Roger Dean.

"All over"??? Seriously?? I would fall over laughing but I don't want to dirty my #5 Barger jersey.

You either don't care or have never taken a tour of the ballpark but Florida Marlins are widely displayed at the park. They probably don't outnumber Miami stuff but when your Pushing a new identity why would you let the old stuff outnumber the new

You either don't care or have never taken a tour of the ballpark but Florida Marlins are widely displayed at the park. They probably don't outnumber Miami stuff but when your Pushing a new identity why would you let the old stuff outnumber the new

Only place I remember seeing Florida Marlins photos was near the entrance.

You have rooms that only rich people can afford named after players and managers. Then on a minor wall, which is down an escalator, not prominently displayed... Are two photos commemorating our championships. Then there's two flags, smaller than the Goya advertisement, smaller than the world baseball

Classic advertisement - in left field. Then I the gift shop there's a condescending "TEAL was SO last season."

Look they hate the Florida Marlins and view this as a new team. Don't try to defend it. The fan service for folks who stuck around is half assed at best.

You have rooms that only rich people can afford named after players and managers. Then on a minor wall, which is down an escalator, not prominently displayed... Are two photos commemorating our championships. Then there's two flags, smaller than the Goya advertisement, smaller than the world baseball

Classic advertisement - in left field. Then I the gift shop there's a condescending "TEAL was SO last season."

Look they hate the Florida Marlins and view this as a new team. Don't try to defend it. The fan service for folks who stuck around is half assed at best.

Some of your are just absolutely embarrassing and have no common sense whatsoever. Take a god damn tour of the ballpark and open your eyes. You have the World Series flags, you have the suites, you have the mural near the Clevelander left entrance, you have la timeline of events in pictures above a concession stand in right field, you have bobble heads in the museum, there are relics and photos in the diamond club.

To say that the Florida Marlins aren't represented in the ballpark is a completely ignorant thing to say. I do think that the world series flags could be better but thats it. Do you really think they are going to outweigh new stuff with old stuff when they are pushing the new identity? You don't sell new merchandise that way. There is plenty displayed through the ballpark. I get it you don't like the new identity or the front office. But use some objectivity and view things reasonably.

Jesus Christ.

I don't get led in and out of the stadium blindfolded. And they have outright said the old Marlins are OUT, long live the new Marlins. I completely understand the aspect of selling all the new stuff, as you stated in a later rant. Heck, I would probably do the same thing in an attempt to increase sales as much as I could. But to say they are fully embracing the old Marlins isn't true. Including the two championship flags and how they display those championships at Roger Dean. The Florida Marlins didn't win those, the Marlins did.

But I digress. The only problem I have with anything they have done regarding the history of the entire orginazation is unretiring #5. Especially without consulting with Barger's family and the blatant lie Samson said about not knowing they didn't. Guess he thought we would think that one went over his head. (yea, that was a short joke)

I don't get led in and out of the stadium blindfolded. And they have outright said the old Marlins are OUT, long live the new Marlins. I completely understand the aspect of selling all the new stuff, as you stated in a later rant. Heck, I would probably do the same thing in an attempt to increase sales as much as I could. But to say they are fully embracing the old Marlins isn't true. Including the two championship flags and how they display those championships at Roger Dean. The Florida Marlins didn't win those, the Marlins did.

But I digress. The only problem I have with anything they have done regarding the history of the entire orginazation is unretiring #5. Especially without consulting with Barger's family and the blatant lie Samson said about not knowing they didn't. Guess he thought we would think that one went over his head. (yea, that was a short joke)

Curious- does it hurt to keep cashing your paycheck?

I mean, Norman Braman gave you a simple task in discrediting the Front Office and getting the stadium deal voided. You must surely be hurt that you couldn't do that one simple task and alienate the fanbase.

I thought for sure he would have given you a pink skip or taught you how to wrist slit by now.

I'll tell you what- when you see the crypt keeper again feel free to jiggle the boys while your down there.

We'll call it "Creative Accounting". You can even put it on your next resume.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been to plenty of games. I get it's a new identity but theres a problem when the Goya ad is bigger than both our championship flags combined.

They were actual flags at one point but with no wind they were changed.

Besides, those flags are squatters. Let them pay for the right to be there and they can be as big as they want ;)