April 22, 201313 yr Author It isn't going to be televised in Florida. Fox Sports Florida is only covering the day game.
April 22, 201313 yr It's not so bad, 2 W's in one day is just the motivation this team needs to reach their full potential.
April 22, 201313 yr ryan webb �@RyanWebb581h I don't see what the big deal is.... Play ball! pic.twitter.com/IjRUUyQHA3
April 22, 201313 yr While its a beautiful ballpark, I'll never understand why they decided to go roofless. Doesn't make much sense really.
April 22, 201313 yr While its a beautiful ballpark, I'll never understand why they decided to go roofless. Doesn't make much sense really. Was just going to post this. How do you not build a roof in a stadium where it rains/snows three months out of the season?
April 22, 201313 yr Why don't they just play the second game on Wednesday? I guess due to travel? No idea. We have to go from Minnesota back to Miami, I guess that's why. Either way, no reason to not play it on Wednesday.
April 23, 201313 yr The downside is one less televised game. Edited: The upside is one less televised game.
April 23, 201313 yr The downside is one less televised game. Edited: The upside is one less televised game. That was a "FTFY" moment, and you totally blew it.
April 23, 201313 yr Author The downside is one less televised game. They will probably change one of the scheduled no TV games into a TV game now. Contractually obligated to do 150 games I believe.
April 23, 201313 yr The downside is one less televised game. They will probably change one of the scheduled no TV games into a TV game now. Contractually obligated to do 150 games I believe.Uhh... you think anyone will notice? I'm sure whoever bought ad time would rather have their money back
April 23, 201313 yr Why don't they just play the second game on Wednesday? I guess due to travel? No idea. We have to go from Minnesota back to Miami, I guess that's why. Either way, no reason to not play it on Wednesday. I would think if they can't get both games in on Tuesday for whatever reason, then they will play a game on Wednesday. Just leaving a little bounce room.
April 23, 201313 yr I'm tempted to set my DVR but I am not sure it's worth the effort to log into Directv to program the damned thing... SMH
April 23, 201313 yr I don't get MLB scheduling. Me either, I don't know why the Florida, Texas, California and dome teams don't play at least the first two full weeks at home,
April 23, 201313 yr MLB scheduling really is stupid. There are 7 teams with open-air stadiums in the "temperate" zone -- sun-belt or west-coast where at worst it rains: ATL, TEX, LAD, LAA, SDP, SFG and OAK. There are 6 teams with retractable-roofs: MIA, HOU, ARI, SEA, TOR and MIL. TPA has a dome. Add STL or KCR as marginally likely to be OK in April and you have 15 cities. Play all of April in those 15 cities and be done with it. Play all of May in the other 15 cities. Northern and north-eastern cities don't like no home baseball for the first month? Tough. Build a damned retractable-roof stadium and you'll get in on the April home action. MLB doesn't need snow-outs or to play in 30 degree temperatures, never mind the
April 23, 201313 yr It still boggles my mind that they didn't put a roof on Target Field. Every April since they've opened that thing they have multiple snow-outs.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.