December 4, 201312 yr Author So now that this happened, who's eating crow? You for questioning my sources.
December 4, 201312 yr So now that this happened, who's eating crow? You for questioning my sources.Ouch. Now that it's official... How did Admin know? Hmmmm
December 4, 201312 yr So now that this happened, who's eating crow? You for questioning my sources.Ouch. Now that it's official... How did Admin know? Hmmmm He called '...' over at the Marlins FO and confirmed it.
December 4, 201312 yr What are the chances that the Marlins' FO told Salty that they intend to go after Napoli, helping to influence his decision?
December 4, 201312 yr This is the way we get more prospects. Sign a free agent in a position that will be needed by the deadline, and get prospects
December 4, 201312 yr Author This is the way we get more prospects. Sign a free agent in a position that will be needed by the deadline, and get prospects So you're predicting we will trade Salty in July?
December 4, 201312 yr So now that this happened, who's eating crow? You said 3/30. So ... nobody, bitch.
December 4, 201312 yr B So now that this happened, who's eating crow? You said 3/30. So ... nobody, bitch. :pBased on what Ruiz got, that's what we probably should have paid. I think the Marlins got very lucky landing him for 3/21, that's a huge value. I am very excited about this acquisition. What a great first impression for the new FO...
December 4, 201312 yr 6:52pm: Saltalamacchia will get $6MM in 2014, $7MM in '15, and $8MM in '16, according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald (on Twitter). Not bad, not bad at all
December 4, 201312 yr Jarrod Saltalamacchia to receive annual salaries of $6m, $7m and $8m over the 3 yrs. Per #Marlins policy, there is NO no-trade protection *Sigh* Backloading as usual.
December 4, 201312 yr Hi guys! I havent kept up with Marlins news since the season ended, but I thought I'd ask: What happens to that young catcher the Marlins called up last year? Brantley I believe his name was? Was he traded or is he a backup now? Or will he stay in the minor leagues and the Marlins will use Mathis as backup?
December 4, 201312 yr I don't know what's more exciting,the thought of a competent catcher in a Marlins uniform in 2014, or the thought of the B and C level prospects he'll warrant taking the field in 2015-2016. Still, I can't not be pleased to see the Marlins get a legitimate player.
December 4, 201312 yr Author I don't know what's more exciting,the thought of a competent catcher in a Marlins uniform in 2014, or the thought of the B and C level prospects he'll warrant taking the field in 2015-2016. Still, I can't not be pleased to see the Marlins get a legitimate player. That's the spirit... sigh.
December 4, 201312 yr Not Bad. Still questionable for his defensive skill but can boost offense evidently. Even he couldn't do that, we can sell him anytime.
December 4, 201312 yr Hi guys! I havent kept up with Marlins news since the season ended, but I thought I'd ask: What happens to that young catcher the Marlins called up last year? Brantley I believe his name was? Was he traded or is he a backup now? Or will he stay in the minor leagues and the Marlins will use Mathis as backup? He's goddamn awful.
December 4, 201312 yr Hi guys! I havent kept up with Marlins news since the season ended, but I thought I'd ask: What happens to that young catcher the Marlins called up last year? Brantley I believe his name was? Was he traded or is he a backup now? Or will he stay in the minor leagues and the Marlins will use Mathis as backup? Minor Leagues, most probably.
December 4, 201312 yr Giancarlo Stanton @Giancarlo818 Welcome to Miami Jarrod! Marlins need water that's Saltyy Someone is on board.
December 4, 201312 yr Giancarlo Stanton @Giancarlo818 Welcome to Miami Jarrod! Marlins need water that's Saltyy Someone is on board. Looks like the plan is already working... heh
December 4, 201312 yr Giancarlo Stanton @Giancarlo818 Welcome to Miami Jarrod! Marlins need water that's Saltyy Someone is on board. Quick! Send him the 10/200 offer! He's happy again, offer it now!
December 4, 201312 yr Just saw on MLB Networks ticker that they missed the M in the $21M... So the ticker read Marlins and Saltalamaccia agree to 3 year $21 deal pending physical. So just cuz its the Fish that's a hilarious typo. Cheap ass Loria couldn't offer him enough for a tank of gas.
December 4, 201312 yr Good signing and for cheaper than I thought considering Joe Smith got 3 years and 15.75 million to be a middle relief pitcher.
December 4, 201312 yr Author Good signing and for cheaper than I thought considering Joe Smith got 3 years and 15.75 million to be a middle relief pitcher. True, this is a fair deal.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.