ESPN Preseason Power Rankings (Fish at 25)

poptart

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/44022/ranking-the-teams-30-through-25

The Marlins are my deep sleeper, a team that could win 85 games and maybe sneak into the wild-card picture. Young teams can mature in a hurry and the Marlins have two potential top-10-in-the-game players in Fernandez and Stanton, promising outfielders Christian Yelich and Marcell Ozuna and a young rotation that could take big steps. Winning 80-plus games probably won't happen this season, as I don't see enough offense from the infield, but it wouldn't shock me.

Prediction: 73-89

I think that too much has to go right for us to compete for a wildcard spot. I could see us brushing .500 if they were to implement platoons at 1B and 3B very early on.

They should at least platoon at 1st, Catcher and CF. Send Ozuna back down to the minors. You'll get shit production from 3rd, SS and 2B but the rest of the roster could be OK. I don't know if that will lead to .500 but we'll win more than 65 games.

Some have picked the Marlins as sleepers to take 2nd in the NL east.... Theory is the Phillies are done, the Braves aren't as scary as they have been in the past and the Mets are stuck rebuilding but with some nice pieces.

Is this the yearly "we're going to be better than the Braves" post?

i'd be happy to know we can go more than a week without experiencing a shut out.

I doubt our offense is on that level anymore. It can't be stressed enough how absolutely terrible that lineup was last year. This lineup isn't a 'good' lineup by any stretch of the word, but it's not at that level

Ruben Amaro Jr. really f***ed up the Phillies.

I can't believe how much he paid for Ruiz and Byrd this year.

The Phillies are going to suck hard very soon, because they are about to sign a big TV deal, which effectively prevents them from blowing up that ancient roster. They also have the worst GM I've seen in ages, and a bunch of his awful contracts (Howard being the big one).

I can't believe how much he paid for Ruiz and Byrd this year.

The Phillies are going to suck hard very soon, because they are about to sign a big TV deal, which effectively prevents them from blowing up that ancient roster. They also have the worst GM I've seen in ages, and a bunch of his awful contracts (Howard being the big one).

Very soon? They suck right now.

They really miss Pat Gilick. He built that championship team and then hand pick Amaro Jr. to replace him.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.