Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcell vs. Marisick: Look at Me, I Can Be Center Field.

Featured Replies

http://www.therunnersports.com/2014/03/25/fish-outfield-miami-marlins-outfield-shaping/

 

Who do you guys think wins the job? I know this discussion has been going on in other threads, but with Opening Day less than a week away, I thought it would make sense to put everything together. With Koehler looking like the fifth starter, CF is the last significant battle left.

Anecdotal, but Ozuna twice watched a strike 3 fastball right down the middle today without batting an eyelash. Dude has no business on a mlb roster right now.

 

He also drove in the go ahead run with a double to deep left center. I have no issue with starting Marisnick (he's certainly earned it), but Ozuna does provide a more prototypical middle of the lineup bat.

For arguments sake where do u guys see Marisnick in the lineup if he takes the CF job? I think the leading guess would be seventh before Mehchavarria but with Furcal being doubtful any chance Marisnick is at the top of the order?

Marisnick won't make enough contact to lead off. I would put him 6th or 7th, and hoping he fulfills his potential and moves up to 4th or 5th.

And, for what it's worth, I don't see Ozuna starting the season in the majors. If it's not Marisnick, they'll bite the bullet and put Bogusevic in.

And, for what it's worth, I don't see Ozuna starting the season in the majors. If it's not Marisnick, they'll bite the bullet and put Bogusevic in.

I dont see them being dumb enough to go with Bogusevic

but they might try Reed Johnson.

I dont see them being dumb enough to go with Bogusevic

but they might try Reed Johnson.

I would imagine both of them...

  • Author

Yeah but as far as starting I doubt Bogusevic leads the way. He's a backup if that.

 

Yeah, if it isn't Marisnick or Ozuna, I assume it'll be Yelich in center with Johnson and Baker splitting time in left.

I hate how Frisaro worded the Ozuna bit in his last article. He made it seem like Ozuna earned the CF job, when he really just shat the bad for most of the spring. I'm glad Marisnick's starting in AAA, but Ozuna should probably be going to AAA with him...

They both belong in the minors. The hope is that Marisnick is productive for a few months in AAA and comes and holds the job for good in June.

They both belong in the minors. The hope is that Marisnick is productive for a few months in AAA and comes and holds the job for good in June.

 

I think this is it. They don't want to mess up Marsinick's service time like they did with Ozuna so they'll let him stew in AA for a few months and if Ozuna is doing poorly they'll call up Jake.

I mean they might as well just platoon Bogusevic and Johnson for now, since we're not trying to win this year anyway. I agree that both Marisnick and Ozuna need more time in the minors, and we could easily just give them that now, but it's pretty clear from most indications that Ozuna will at least get a chance to start the year in CF.

I just don't get it. Ozuna has no minor league time above high A ball. That kind of jump is reserved for mega prospects or advanced college hitters. We're not talking about Jose Fernandez here. Hell, even Yelich got at half-season of DoubleA.

 

I guess he did get some winter league time in after thumb surgery but still...

I just don't get it. The guy has no minor league time above high A ball. He's a nice looking prospect but we're not talking about Jose Fernandez or Yelich here. Even Yelich got at least a half season of AA.

 

It's this team's mentality that saving *some* face is more important than their long-term prospects. Fernandez (while it may have been successful) last year was a perfect example of that. They lost a year of him and Ozuna of them AND missed out on the #1 overall pick this year just to lose 100 games instead of 110.

I mean they might as well just platoon Bogusevic and Johnson for now, since we're not trying to win this year anyway

 

Try and convince them they're not trying to win. I have to admit, the optimism this team has is different from years past. I hate to say the culture has changed, because that's what the front office says, but it's true... You can feel the difference.

 

I am actually wondering if Ozuna has been getting the playing time the past few days so he can put up or go down. Maybe Marisnick has earned the job with his play, unless Ozuna has a quick turnaround... Which he clearly is not doing.

You must spend a lot of time in the locker room.

You have to be in the clubhouse to make that observation? Really?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.