Move Dietrich to 1B when Furcal comes back

poptart

Then you put him at second base. He's a better hitter than Furcal, and his most natural position is second base (no matter how meh on defense he is). Getting paid $3.5 million and being old shouldn't entitle Furcal to jack squat. Add to the fact that everybody currently in the lineup outside of Jones is hitting well right now and you have to ask yourself why is Redmond so intent on f*cking this up to make room for Furcal.

It's absolute madness. Its been like 20 games, but I haven't been this frustrated by a manager since Fredi. He's got that old school mindset that absolutely hurts this team at times. It's gonna be great to let Furcal fill the Juan Pierre role for the year while the actual productive bat in Dietrich wastes away either on the bench or back in AAA until July when Furcal suffers his yearly injury.

I think the general idea is... Keep him in the lineup. Find space for him.

I agree, this is the general idea, and I agree with the general idea.

However, I'd rather keep Dietrich and his crap glove at second over Furcal and his most likely non-offense.

Also, for the love of Stanton, platoon Baker with JONES, not DIETRICH!

The real impact of the Jones, Furcal signings will be apparent soon.

To avoid the coming damage the FO would have to admit making a mistake - which never happens.

As long as Jones avoids the DL and gets decent power numbers, the FO won't admit to any mistake. They're only goal with Jones is showing that he can stay healthy and be a more consistent run producer than Logan Morrison, regardless of his numbers against lefties.

As long as Jones avoids the DL and gets decent power numbers, the FO won't admit to any mistake. They're only goal with Jones is showing that he can stay healthy and be a more consistent run producer than Logan Morrison, regardless of his numbers against lefties.

Which to be fair is his only job and that's all he's being paid to do...

JC Rodriguez said that they're winning and are happy with Solano. Joe Frisaro basically said the same thing.

I'm telling you, this fucking guy has a way of just sticking and not letting go. He's been acceptable for TWO games, and that warrants leaving his ass in? He must have inherited Wes Helms' incriminating pictures or something

I really can't believe (well I can) we our sitting our 24yr second baseman who's hitting and is a lefty for Solano with a righty on the mound.

I guess that guy who came around last year and thought Solano was the greatest thing since sliced bread is happy.

Guest Guest

I'm telling you, this f***ing guy has a way of just sticking and not letting go. He's been acceptable for TWO games, and that warrants leaving his ass in? He must have inherited Wes Helms' incriminating pictures or something

Well, as I put it a couple of weeks ago, he's the turd that just won't flush.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.