Fire Redmond

Erick

What do you expect him to do? This team is just not good. We're going to be at the bottom of the NL again, and that's not going to change until these players develop.

I expect him to be a better manager. The team being bad is no excuse for some of the in-game moves that he's been making.

We won. We have the highest OBP in baseball. Whatever he and the front office has done has worked. We are third in runs scored. We have improved significantly. The manager doesn't matter anyway. The "stupid" decisions he makes even out after all of the "risky" moves he makes that do work out. The drills that are being done by individual players are a joint discussion among all of the coaches.

Red is no better or worse than most managers, he could do some things differently, but it kind of all boils down to what he has to work with, which ain't much. Realistically a 10 game improvement is about all anyone can reasonably expect from this team. Also given the other options out there I would just as soon keep him, let him and the kids develop, but hey feel free to send in your resume to GM Jennings, I'm sure he could use a laugh.

Jesus. The guy makes a few questionable decisions and some want him fired. The only one that made zero sense was bunting Ozuna -- it was like he suddenly lost faith in one of his best young hitters because of the mere possibility of hitting into a DP.

Red doesn't get a choice on platoons, not yet anyway. Jones was signed based on the understanding he would play full-time. Same with McGehee. Getting around that will take a month or two -- failure will free Red's hands.

As for Marmol, either they're right about him modifying his delivery in winter ball or not. Meanwhile, he's gonna be tossed into important, late situations to sink or swim. Red is following orders: find out if he's worth a sh!t or not. Orders with which he probably agrees. So far, mostly so good.

This board is perverse. They hit up a storm and the instant opinion is not just that they will probably revert a bit but that the offense will totally fail. Headed for last place. Lose a few games and all pitching is overrated. Defense sucks. Only the last is somewhat true. At the same time, they've made some great plays.

This is probably a .500 team, but could easily be better. Contend? Probably not, but the difference is about 8 wins and anything can happen. Fire Redmond? Ridiculous. If he bunts Ozuna 2 years from now in the same situation, OK.

Yes, what this team needs is yet another new manager...

Is Redmond perfect? Of course not, but nothing he has done so far as Marlins manager is worthy of getting him fired. You also have to realize that he's only in his 4th full year of managing at any level. He's fine (most managers are fine) and he'll get better. Let him continue to develop in the role. Changing course AGAIN at the position helps nobody. I don't agree with every decision he makes, but you can nitpick about every manager. The team seems to like him and plays hard for him. I'm good with that for now.

You guys clearly don't appreciate the value of intangibles. I mean... the guy won a *World Series* show some respect. Veteran leadership.

Im ok with letting Red be and develop, but let's not act like the perception of intangibles come close to outweighing tangible facts.

He has made some odd moves but I don't think he deserves to be fired. The players seem to love him too which is huge.

He didn't deserve to be hired in the first place. He wasn't qualified and it clearly shows now with his disastrous in-game management.

I also don't understand the "players love him so we can't get rid of him" line. It's not like he's the only manager out there capable of getting along with those guys. I'm sure there is someone out there who gets along well with younger players and actually excels in making decisions too.

I also don't understand the "players love him so we can't get rid of him" line. It's not like he's the only manager out there capable of getting along with those guys. I'm sure there is someone out there who gets along well with younger players and actually excels in making decisions too.

Because you'll create a disconnect, even if it's just temporary. A bad month can tank your season. Not saying we are competing now anyway, but anyone who says that team chemistry doesn't exist, doesn't mean anything, or doesn't play a factor in success has never played sports themselves. Bad teams with good chemistry play above their abilities, 100%.

I'm not literally suggesting that the Marlins make a managerial change in April. However, if he still shows his at a certain point in the season, you absolutely fire him. The players are grown-ups; they are capable of dealing with.

Keeping a manager around who makes idiotic decisions just to keep team chemistry intact is idiotic.