Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article111033967.html

The Herald sues for release of autopsies and  toxicology reports.  The cite that since there's no one to charge, this should be a criminal investigation.  I believe just because they can't file charges, doesn't mean a crime hasn't been committed.  I don't see why they couldn't just wait for the investigation to end.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article111033967.html

The Herald sues for release of autopsies and  toxicology reports.  The cite that since there's no one to charge, this should be a criminal investigation.  I believe just because they can't file charges, doesn't mean a crime hasn't been committed.  I don't see why they couldn't just wait for the investigation to end.

What a stupid thing to sue for. Greedy bastards. 

Don't know, maybe they won't be able to.

Its Possible Jose let his friend take the wheel for a few min, maybe his friend didnt know the procedure and cut across not knowing there was a jetti there.But maybe Jose should have been watching him. If I have to bet, id say Jose was in command of the boat that night. ie the pilot (behind the wheel)

Everyone I know drinks and drives.

It's really so much more common in Miami. It's frightening, but when I lived there, I'd have agreed with your comment. Everyone I knew in Miami treated drinking and driving like it was nothing. I'd even hear people bragging about how wasted they were when they drove home. Not to say it doesn't happen at all outside of Miami, of course, but it seems so much less common. At least from what I've noticed, but that may be a product of just getting older. 

It's really so much more common in Miami. It's frightening, but when I lived there, I'd have agreed with your comment. Everyone I knew in Miami treated drinking and driving like it was nothing. I'd even hear people bragging about how wasted they were when they drove home. Not to say it doesn't happen at all outside of Miami, of course, but it seems so much less common. At least from what I've noticed, but that may be a product of just getting older. 

It would certainly explain all the shitty drivers.

I think a lot of what has to do with this is that everything in Miami is so far from one another. Even taking an Uber or Lyft some place it's going to cost you $60 bucks (South Miami to Miami Beach). But obviously when I need to, I gladly pay because getting out of a DUI in minimum $10k.  The thing is when I travel, using Uber and Lyft is so much easier and cheaper.

Somebody from Miami was taking cocaine? Next you're going to tell me that Colorado Rockies players like weed. 

Hmm. What does that means? Cocaine is a serious drug that must be obtained illegally, most people in Miami don't use.

There is no justification for this level of recklessness. He was totally irresponsible and costed him dearly

Hmm. What does that means? Cocaine is a serious drug that must be obtained illegally, most people in Miami don't use.

There is no justification for this level of recklessness. He was totally irresponsible and costed him dearly

Dude, google some history on the city of Miami. It used to be the cocaine capital of the U.S