Realmuto Trade Rumors

Entendu

Yea I feel like the timing works wonderfully here for us. The Nats are probably the one team who almost "need" to make a desperation overpay move for 2018. If they're ever gonna go all in this is it. And, arguably, getting JT might not even be an overpay because he could absolutely be the missing piece that gets them to the World Series for once. 

Assuming your talking about for 2018, it doesn't matter. What's the difference between 60 and 70 wins now? 

I only really bring it up because good young catchers are a rare find, and realmuto would be ome of those.  I emember catcher being a very weak spot on this team for a very long time and im not so sure unless there is a real overpay it would be, ileven with a rebuild, in our best interests

I only really bring it up because good young catchers are a rare find, and realmuto would be ome of those.  I emember catcher being a very weak spot on this team for a very long time and im not so sure unless there is a real overpay it would be, ileven with a rebuild, in our best interests

understood, but he will not be here when we are good again.  to me, you offer him an extension past his remaining 3 years of team control (maybe for another 3 years on top of that) and if he doesnt want to be here long term just bite the bullet and trade him for a big package.  If we could take advantage of Bryce Harper's last year in Washington and maybe get them to kind of go for it all next year and get Realmuto and if we could get Robles..... we should be ecstatic.

to me, you offer him an extension past his remaining 3 years of team control (maybe for another 3 years on top of that) and if he doesnt want to be here long term just bite the bullet and trade him for a big package

Now would be the time to offer him an extension which I don't think he would take. I think his mind is already made up and he wants out just like Yelich did.

We should get back a catcher in a Nats trade or any trade for that matter. Asking for at least Soto, Severino and another player. They won't give up Robles. Not with Harper one year away and no guarantee that he would even want to stay.

Since some teams are reluctant to trade for catchers at midseason, due to the difficulties in learning a new staff during a pennant race, Realmuto may have a better market now than in July.

And with Bryce Harper entering free agency after 2018, the Nats are perhaps even more motivated than the Brewers to win the World Series this year.

per Morosi 

Now would be the time to offer him an extension which I don't think he would take. I think his mind is already made up and he wants out just like Yelich did.

We should get back a catcher in a Nats trade or any trade for that matter. Asking for at least Soto, Severino and another player. They won't give up Robles. Not with Harper one year away and no guarantee that he would even want to stay.

It should be Robles or bust with the Nats.  If not, find another trade partner.  I'm sure there are plenty of interested teams.  If the Nats still have the best offer even without Robles then you revisit.  

per Morosi 

Robles would be incredible, but Soto would be almost as awesome.  That kid is gonna be a monster at the plate.  Said it on the other forum, but his plate discipline is crazy good.  Reminds me of Yelich as far as being a pure hitter but with Ozuna esque power from the left hand side of the plate.  Not gonna be great defensively, but that bat is appealing.

It should be Robles or bust with the Nats.  If not, find another trade partner.  I'm sure there are plenty of interested teams.  If the Nats still have the best offer even without Robles then you revisit.  

You gotta look into Soto.  Robles is the 5 tool guy, but Soto's hit tool is better in my opinion.  If you can get either of them and then Kieboom or Fedde + another prospect or 2 you jump on that.

So this is interesting. If we land Soto in the JT trade. We would have:

Brinson, Harrison, Mags, Soto  as the outfielders

If they all pan out and get to their potential who would you trade? Mags would more than likely have the least trade value.

Soto is a few years off so that is something that either works itself out or you deal from a position of strength to fill a separate hole when the time comes.  Dont forget we also just picked Brian Miller early in the draft and Braxton Lee who we got in the Hech deal, although i think Lee is ideally a 4th OF.

Soto is a few years off so that is something that either works itself out or you deal from a position of strength to fill a separate hole when the time comes.  Dont forget we also just picked Brian Miller early in the draft and Braxton Lee who we got in the Hech deal, although i think Lee is ideally a 4th OF.

Ahh yes I forgot about Brian Miller. I also didn't include Lee because many projections have him as a 4th outfielder.

Ahh yes I forgot about Brian Miller. I also didn't include Lee because many projections have him as a 4th outfielder.

Id agree with that projection.  My point was just that having that kind of problem would be a good one to have, on top of the fact that it would be a problem in 1-2 years down the road, if it ever becomes a problem at all.