Jon Heyman apologizes, Clark Spencer seeing things differently now...

anyone who actually looked at the roster instead of the players that were traded should have known that this team wouldnt be historically bad if they just did their hw.  We didnt trade everyone.  If we would have continued to deal JT, Bour, Castro, Straily, Urena, barraclough, etc. then ya, but anyone looking at the roster should have been able to figure out this would happen had they done their hw rather than just shitting on the marlins for trading their best players.

anyone who actually looked at the roster instead of the players that were traded should have known that this team wouldnt be historically bad if they just did their hw.  We didnt trade everyone.  If we would have continued to deal JT, Bour, Castro, Straily, Urena, barraclough, etc. then ya, but anyone looking at the roster should have been able to figure out this would happen had they done their hw rather than just shitting on the marlins for trading their best players.

People overreacted and didn't pay attention to what was really happening. In this case I know I'm picking on the guys specific wording but I was at a game last week and the guy in front of me was with a friend who didn't know baseball and was doing the typical stuff where he talks to him to teach him a few things and he said Realmuto was "the only guy here who was on the team last year." That cracked me up. The fire sale only sent away really 5 key or name players in Stanton Gordon Ozuna Yelich and Ichiro...and a couple guys left who would have left in a normal off-season anyways like, say, AJ Ellis... but besides that there's like 20 guys on this team who were "on the team last year." Jeter shuffled things around and cut a lot of pure talent but he didn't completely clean house. 

The starting pitching has been better than expected but the run production has certainly not.  And, I get the mention of the same record last year, but last year the team had a horrendous April that put them in a hole the rest of the year.  I seriously doubt this team will be able to go on a run like last year's did through the summer.

The starting pitching has been better than expected but the run production has certainly not.  And, I get the mention of the same record last year, but last year the team had a horrendous April that put them in a hole the rest of the year.  I seriously doubt this team will be able to go on a run like last year's did through the summer.

Agreed but it's fun to talk about to this point. I myself don't think it's this sustainable, I don't think many people do. 

Correction. They actually had a horrendous May.

Despite yesterday's loss I had a nice hearty laugh yesterday.

My wife came back from the grocery store and she had run into an old neighbor who is a looooong time season ticket holder (possibly even since '93) and he sent me a message that if I wanted any of his tickets to let him know because he's still furious at what Derek Jeter has done to this team. You know it was understandable to hear this disdain and anger and general doubting of Jeter during the offseason and early into this season but I found it very funny that this message came to me literally the day after the 2018 Marlins matched the 2017 team's record through the first 33 games. 

I told my wife to get in touch with him and to tell him that I feel bad that Derek Jeter broke up that 2017 championship team for this 2018 Triple A team that is playing at the exact same pace as that team that allowed this guy to attend soooo many exciting Marlins playoff games the last 14 seasons. 

Look I know it's only 33 (now 34) games into one season but I think it's time to drop the unwarranted Jeter hate and just let everything play out. Time will answer everything. 

My wife came back from the grocery store and she had run into an old neighbor who is a looooong time season ticket holder (possibly even since '93) and he sent me a message that if I wanted any of his tickets to let him know because he's still furious at what Derek Jeter has done to this team. You know it was understandable to hear this disdain and anger and general doubting of Jeter during the offseason and early into this season but I found it very funny that this message came to me literally the day after the 2018 Marlins matched the 2017 team's record through the first 33 games. 

I told my wife to get in touch with him and to tell him that I feel bad that Derek Jeter broke up that 2017 championship team for this 2018 Triple A team that is playing at the exact same pace as that team that allowed this guy to attend soooo many exciting Marlins playoff games the last 14 seasons. 

Look I know it's only 33 (now 34) games into one season but I think it's time to drop the unwarranted Jeter hate and just let everything play out. Time will answer everything. 

my hate is still with Loria

I'm just enjoy watching some minor league games,some of our minor league teams have good record now and it should be a good sight !!!

Serious question.  Why do you take the Jeter bashing so personal? At least that's what it seems like.  I just seems like you want to down on every negative article or any negative comment and always defend every move.  I ask this not to be argumentative or to pick at you but because I am genuinely interested in your train of thought.

I for one have become a Jeter hater and I will never change my mind.  We can win 3 straight World Series and it won't make a difference to me.  I will enjoy them and I will always cheer for the Marlins but I believe Jeter is a pompous arrogant prick with a God complex and he can go fuck himelf for all I care. I guess I've  learned to keep my Jeter hate seperate from thw Marlins.  LOL

Serious question.  Why do you take the Jeter bashing so personal? At least that's what it seems like.  I just seems like you want to down on every negative article or any negative comment and always defend every move.  I ask this not to be argumentative or to pick at you but because I am genuinely interested in your train of thought.

I for one have become a Jeter hater and I will never change my mind.  We can win 3 straight World Series and it won't make a difference to me.  I will enjoy them and I will always cheer for the Marlins but I believe Jeter is a pompous arrogant prick with a God complex and he can go fuck himelf for all I care. I guess I've  learned to keep my Jeter hate seperate from thw Marlins.  LOL

Well for one it's not personal. I don't toss and turn in my sleep over this. But yes I do post about this crap quite a bit and I understand what you're asking and why you're asking. So to that I just say that I myself do support what Jeter is doing and I get annoyed by people who blindly hate on what is happening here. If Jeter deserves hatred for something then by all means go for it.

But, to take the specific situation I wrote about, I'm not ok with a long time season ticket holder complaining about the 2018 team in relation to the 2017 team as if the 2017 team was some kind of winner especially on a day that both teams had equal records through the same number of games. Thats illogical and stupid and I'm happy to call someone out on it. Bad analogy but if I borrow $20 from you and then give you back $20 I'm not ok with you bad mouthing me telling people I took $20 from you. 

As for you personally I like you and enjoy my conversations with you but I don't get your way of hating Jeter.

You said you'd hate Jeter even if the Marlins still won 3 straight championships? Why? You watch the Marlins hoping for them to have success and if Jeters team accomplishes 3 straight years of the pinnacle of success you'd hate the guy? Remember how many championships Loria gave you before you answer that. 

I think it’s getting a little awkward that posters keep mentioning that the record of the team is the same as the 2017 team. 

I mean, ok, if the records are very similar in 4 months please by all means keep talking  about it but right now this team is getting its brains beaten in and they have the 2nd worst Run Differential in MLB.  

They will very soon have a record that is not remotely similar to the 2017 team.