Trade Deadline Approaching

ie 3b - Brian Anderson is pretty much a lock for ~3 WAR every year that's not a position fish need help at

Brian Anderson improved his defense a lot from last year when it comes to 3B. He should be getting all the at bats there and Dietrich or Prado could spell him if needed for rest days or platoon, whatever. Mainly Dietrich. But so far this season Anderson has started 72 games at RF and 38 at 3B. We should be developing these guys and giving them as much time as possible. Prado shouldn't have gotten more than 100 AB's this season. Sad that he'll be making 15M next year and along with Chen making 20M, they'll be making approximately half of our entire payroll...

Teams are just waiting till the last minute to get Ziegler or Castro from us since they know we want to shed their salaries. They're playing chicken with us, see who blinks first.

Yeah, really, his 2008 and 2009 seasons were really solid. Combined for 4.3 WAR those two years, may have been even more in 2009 had he not moved back to third base, if we're being honest.

I blame him for not hitting 1 more HR to give us an entire infield of 30.

I blame him for not hitting 1 more HR to give us an entire infield of 30.

I remember in San Francisco they had the Chevron cars on the outfield wall (the top of the cars extended above the rest of the wall), and he hit a ball that hit the top of the surf board on one of the cars, and would've otherwise been out, giving him 30.

Brian Anderson improved his defense a lot from last year when it comes to 3B. He should be getting all the at bats there and Dietrich or Prado could spell him if needed for rest days or platoon, whatever. Mainly Dietrich. But so far this season Anderson has started 72 games at RF and 38 at 3B. We should be developing these guys and giving them as much time as possible. Prado shouldn't have gotten more than 100 AB's this season. Sad that he'll be making 15M next year and along with Chen making 20M, they'll be making approximately half of our entire payroll...

Teams are just waiting till the last minute to get Ziegler or Castro from us since they know we want to shed their salaries. They're playing chicken with us, see who blinks first.

See, I think we shouldn't worry about the money, but whatever.....you're not getting a ton for Ziegler anyway.

Maybe Jeter was just thinking the same with me and want to compete in the 2020 so he keeps this team intact.

Trade deadline hasn't passed yet. Trading a couple of guys doesn't change that from being possible. No team stays 100% intact, even defending WS champs make a couple of changes.

I think everyone here besides me all rather to have the five years rebuilding than the three years…

You make it harder on yourself to understand. Any trades we make this next few days will be made with the intent of competing sooner rather than later. Trading Barraclough Conley Ziegler Straily or Castro isn't going to prolong our rebuild... if done right it will actually get us better FASTER. 

Frisaro is awful.

How so?

I feel like people expect him to be the greatest journalist ever but that's not him and not the point to him. He's one of the most direct reporters to the team, literally assigned to follow them around. So he reports what he hears literally from the mouths of Mattingly Jeter Hill etc etc. He doesn't report from "a source of source told me this and that." To me that makes him worth keeping an eye on. Again, I'm not saying he's amazing... but I feel like people expect too much from him. 

How so?

I feel like people expect him to be the greatest journalist ever but that's not him and not the point to him. He's one of the most direct reporters to the team, literally assigned to follow them around. So he reports what he hears literally from the mouths of Mattingly Jeter Hill etc etc. He doesn't report from "a source of source told me this and that." To me that makes him worth keeping an eye on. Again, I'm not saying he's amazing... but I feel like people expect too much from him. 

Halfway competent and not such a little bitch that blocks people would be a start, tbh.