Dan Straily Released

Admin

Somehow, I don't think that releasing Straily three days before the season starts is perceived as a "good thing" to do to a loyal veteran.  Teams have their rotations set and he is not on an opening day roster.  If they were going to do the "respect for a veteran thing", they should have released him a week or two before.

I think it's a "we realize its a shitty time, so here ya go" But also, maybe they fully intended to keep him and the youngsters over excelled. They did a great job the last few weeks of spring- how many didn't give up a hit in 6 innings a few times? Was it three of em with No hitters or perfect games when pulled?

Its really an AWFUL message sent.

Hey you were loyal to us when things were really shitty but ya.

Hit the bricks at the end of spring.  

Thats the thing Jeter doesnt seem to realize.  I get why Arod fucking hates him.  (and many others in New York too)

Oh man, don't get me started- my cousins despise him even tho he won all those rings lol.

12 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

[MEDIA=twitter]1111435938716999681[/MEDIA]

Honestly I am really happy he has offers. I didn't want him out of baseball, I just don't want him on my team. I'd rather us trust the young staff than give a guy who doesn't have a lot of upside a start. I dislike the move because he is a good guy, but I agree with it. Jeter believes winning is the best way to get fans behind the team. This move and the move to send down o'brien show that it will come down to performance. 

By the end of the season I think upwards of 40 different players will suit for the team. Exclusively due to individual performance.  

How is getting rid of Dan Straily and receiving nothing in return a demonstration that ownership is committed to "winning" and "performance"? 

Because they believe the 5 young starters "performed" better than Straily in spring training and thus they believe those 5 can bring them more "winning" than Straily. 

Whether anyone agrees with that or not it does say they think they can get more wins without Straily. 

Because they believe the 5 young starters "performed" better than Straily in spring training and thus they believe those 5 can bring them more "winning" than Straily. 

Whether anyone agrees with that or not it does say they think they can get more wins without Straily. 

I'm not sure that's the case.  I mean, do you believe they released Derek Dietrich because they think that Rosell Herrerra "can bring them more winning"?   Without Straily they will save money and they will also open a spot for the younger guys . And there is value to both, I'm sure.  But, I don't think the move necessarily signifies a commitment to winning "this year".

I'm not sure that's the case.  I mean, do you believe they released Derek Dietrich because they think that Rosell Herrerra "can bring them more winning"?   Without Straily they will save money and they will also open a spot for the younger guys . And there is value to both, I'm sure.  But, I don't think the move necessarily signifies a commitment to winning "this year".

They released Straily and Dietrich because Fuck Jeter wants to lose. Rosell Herrera not a major league player just a guy with a minor league contract that's less money than Dietrich because Jeter would rather have a dollar than a win Fuck Jeter

It's not the same. Dietrich was non tendered in like Oct or November. I'll admit 100% that that move was to save money because Dietrich's role could be filled by cheaper options. If cutting Straily was to save money they would have non tendered him or cut him before spring training. Keeping him through the entire spring means they intended for him to be on the team. He was absolutely cut because they felt the other guys were ready to win. 

It's not the same. Dietrich was non tendered in like Oct or November. I'll admit 100% that that move was to save money because Dietrich's role could be filled by cheaper options. If cutting Straily was to save money they would have non tendered him or cut him before spring training. Keeping him through the entire spring means they intended for him to be on the team. He was absolutely cut because they felt the other guys were ready to win. 

Nah you don't get it man. Not only is Jeter cheap but he's also stupid. He could've saved the $1.2 mil he spent on Straily by non tendering him but he was too dumb to realize it.

Nah you don't get it man. Not only is Jeter cheap but he's also stupid. He could've saved the $1.2 mil he spent on Straily by non tendering him but he was too dumb to realize it.

Fuck Jeter he is too cheap to even think because thinking takes time and time is money and he doesn't want to spend any would rather lose than spend a dollar Fuck Jeter

They released Straily and Dietrich because Fuck Jeter wants to lose. Rosell Herrera not a major league player just a guy with a minor league contract that's less money than Dietrich because Jeter would rather have a dollar than a win Fuck Jeter

But Jeter doesn't even know who is playing, let alone who wins. How could he have known that Straily and Dietrich were cut from the team?

But Jeter doesn't even know who is playing, let alone who wins. How could he have known that Straily and Dietrich were cut from the team?

Funny you say that... I really don't think Jeter is as involved in player transactions as people think. Both of those cuts were probably made by Mike Hill with input from Mattingly and Denbo and then Jeter just OK'd them.

Part of Jeter's mindset has been to let the people in charge of their respective departments actually be in charge of their respective departments so I'm doubting Jeter called for any of those moves. He probably does so little compared to what people thinks he does.