Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

Admin

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I still want to see an actual statement or press release.

The Marlins are doing a shit job PR wise and are doing themselves no favors with the way they are handling this. Should be fairly easy to find out what happened, and if your in the right, squash the rumors 

• Like 1

Just now, AeroFishOne said:

The Marlins are doing a shit job PR wise and are doing themselves no favors with the way they are handling this. Should be fairly easy to find out what happened, and if your in the right, squash the rumors 

Yes

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

If this is true though, we will never live it down especially if MLB ends up canceling the season

They'll forget about it once a high profile player gets nabbed for PED usage.

This is 2020. Movements last for a week.

• Like 1

Other fans need to chill tf out. If the Marlins did something wrong, I don’t think it’s a big deal. But than again, I didn’t think Astros scandal was a big deal either. If season does shut down, it wasn’t meant to happen anyways. I do agree Marlins PR Department has been sleeping at the wheel. I’ll pitch if I need to though, I might be able to hit 85 fuck it 😂

Indefensible if the Marlins did break protocol especially for something dumb like being at a bar, that's not even close to just picking up dinner.

I will reserve judgment until a definitive statement is made either way though but the fact that the Marlins haven't officially denied any of it yet is concerning. 

I remember when Jeter took over one of his biggest points was about having a team that fans and the community would be proud of, a direct intent to be different than the previous regime. This wouldn't be the front office's fault but if this is true they need to make a clear and bold statement in their punishment. This shit cannot be tolerated and there is no other option than to drop the hammer on whoever may be at fault.

I do have to ask 3 things about this breaking protocol thing though...

1. Sucks that we were first but I refuse to believe every player on all 29 other teams couldn't have done the same thing elsewhere so how about we find out about that before making the Marlins look like the one bad apple.

2. If it did happen, can they even prove that they got the virus in that situation? It's entirely possible that the virus was contracted elsewhere and the breaking protocol had nothing to do with exposure. 

3. Prove to me that the MLB rules said they couldn't do whatever they did. Wouldn't shock me if the rules were vague and they didn't break any concrete rules. Like does it specifically say what they can and can't do? Maybe they made poor choices but maybe it was nothing against the protocols. Maybe MLB should have mandated zero movement before condemning someone from picking up a sandwich at the hotel bar or whatever it was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Imagine if the players who broke protocol never tested positive though! Then what? 

I mean one can literally go to a filthy strip club and snort coke off some tits and not get the virus and then the next day they touch a doorknob at the ballpark and catch the virus from that. 

That’s probably how it works in all honesty. It’s all a damn crap shoot it seems with the changing info about it.

2 hours ago, slclemens said:

I do too, and I don't think they are being given a fair shake, but yet again we are the joke of the league, especially if this causes the whole show to shutdown. 

Tbh they won't shut down for just the Marlins. They'll shut down when it includes more teams having outbreaks. If it stays to just the Marlins they'll keep playing. 

• Like 1

Screenshot_20200801-010431_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bf1217fb91a9251ea22f9bec3c0f154d.jpg

Here's the "protocols" and it's very vague, says to just use caution but also says it won't restrict them and it says MLB will not enforce it. The players are adults who should be using their brains but one could make a case of this not being a very clear or a very strong protocol or rule. It's like a teacher telling the class to "just try and behave." If I'm a player who stopped at a not very crowded hotel bar for food I'd fight back at these protocols. 

• Like 1