Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

Admin

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I get why it exists but the confidentiality thing just doesn't work. And even less when there is an outbreak. 

I agree, especially when they have to report players that go on the IL/aren't available, it becomes painfully obvious they have it when they're suddenly on the IL for "no reason".

I just heard Jeter's entire press conference, it's up on MLB.com. I do think having Jeter as the face of this organization is a bit of a blessing from a PR standpoint because he's more respected, well liked, and just seen in a generally positive light. Very different feeling from those Loria and Samson press conferences were the media had such disdain and seemed to always attack them even when things were seemingly positive. 

I'll never forget the Stanton contract signing press conference and the way Loria just had to fend off so much hatred and he was just like damn I thought you guys would be happy about this one.

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I just heard Jeter's entire press conference, it's up on MLB.com. I do think having Jeter as the face of this organization is a bit of a blessing from a PR standpoint because he's more respected, well liked, and just seen in a generally positive light. Very different feeling from those Loria and Samson press conferences were the media had such disdain and seemed to always attack them even when things were seemingly positive. 

I'll never forget the Stanton contract signing press conference and the way Loria just had to fend off so much hatred and he was just like damn I thought you guys would be happy about this one.

I remember that.

For example:

Keith Olbermann had Stanton on for an interview and said, "if the Marlins were to offer you an extension to stay in Miami, would you take it?" And Stanton said, "yes, actually." Went into good detail about it.

Stanton signs mega-deal, Olbermann goes, "that deal is a SCAM!"

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I remember that.

For example:

Keith Olbermann had Stanton on for an interview and said, "if the Marlins were to offer you an extension to stay in Miami, would you take it?" And Stanton said, "yes, actually." Went into good detail about it.

Stanton signs mega-deal, Olbermann goes, "that deal is a SCAM!"

I mean....he wasn't necessarily wrong.

1 hour ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

If ya'll have the time, I recommend this:

Don't know if I've ever seen a team let their players speak this directly. I think it's pretty cool.

Kintzler says 4 fellas in the bullpen (him being 1 of em) escaped the virus. Sounds like Miggy was pretty sick, but is feeling better now.

This is excellent! Every Marlins fans needs to watch this. We actually have a good group of people on this team and I'm proud of them. 

• Like 2