Pizza

Admin

5 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

Stuffed Crust pizza, all day!

Fight me!

I mean, eh, sometimes for some variety but that wouldn't be my go to option. 

CiCis is bad all around. That feels like the bottom of the barrel cheapest and lowest quality pizza around. Cardboard with cheese on it. I've noticed it's worlds better if you get a fresh pie right out  of the oven but it's mostly not good.  

On 2/9/2021 at 7:13 PM, SilverBullet said:

I mean, eh, sometimes for some variety but that wouldn't be my go to option. 

CiCis is bad all around. That feels like the bottom of the barrel cheapest and lowest quality pizza around. Cardboard with cheese on it. I've noticed it's worlds better if you get a fresh pie right out  of the oven but it's mostly not good.  

I was thinking Pizza Hut! Buffalo sauce, instead of marinara... combine it with pepperoni, bacon, and onions.. Delicious, although it'll leave you very thirsty.

• The title was changed to Pizza

My favorite pie is the "new york" style cheese pizza that you can get at any local non-delivery pizza joint with some grated parm and garlic on top and the slice folded in half. If done right, that's all you need.

If I'm going with a sicilian slice (the thick rectangle kind) I go oregano and pepperoni cause the kinds of places that serve sicilian have the good pepperoni that cups up when it bakes.

Now, for corporate delivery joints:

if I'm going to dominos, I get the regular crust, with garlic-parm sauce instead of tomato sauce, shredded provolone instead of mozzarella and I add grilled chicken to it. That gives it more of a garlic chicken pasta dish feel and it's freaking great. 

Papa johns I go with the buffalo chicken with ranch instead of tomato sauce. (I'm sure you've noticed a pattern, but red sauce gives your boy mad heartburn and the white sauces don't)

and Pizza hut I need to get stuffed crust because otherwise it is just the most lackluster, greasy-crust disaster on earth. Though I will admit they have really good cheese lol

Edited by marlinsmaniac

2 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

My favorite pie is the "new york" style cheese pizza that you can get at any local non-delivery pizza joint with some grated parm and garlic on top and the slice folded in half. If done right, that's all you need.

If I'm going with a sicilian slice (the thick rectangle kind) I go oregano and pepperoni cause the kinds of places that serve sicilian have the good pepperoni that cups up when it bakes.

Now, for corporate delivery joints:

if I'm going to dominos, I get the regular crust, with garlic-parm sauce instead of tomato sauce, shredded provolone instead of mozzarella and I add grilled chicken to it. That gives it more of a garlic chicken pasta dish feel and it's freaking great. 

Papa johns I go with the buffalo chicken with ranch instead of tomato sauce. (I'm sure you've noticed a pattern, but red sauce gives your boy mad heartburn and the white sauces don't)

and Pizza hut I need to get stuffed crust because otherwise it is just the most lackluster, greasy-crust disaster on earth. Though I will admit they have really good cheese lol

I'm interested in all of these varieties you are throwing out there but now I'm wondering if it's really still pizza if you swap out the tomato sauce? Especially with untraditional toppings and not mozzarella cheese. Crust with parm sauce, provolone, and chicken can't be considered pizza anymore can it?

40 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm interested in all of these varieties you are throwing out there but now I'm wondering if it's really still pizza if you swap out the tomato sauce? Especially with untraditional toppings and not mozzarella cheese. Crust with parm sauce, provolone, and chicken can't be considered pizza anymore can it?

I think so, just not a “traditional” one if that makes sense. 

So has anyone ever tried St. Louis style pizza?

When I was a kid I used to eat at Imo's Pizza in the St. Louis area all the time.

Super thin crispy crust, provolone cheese.. mmm.. it's a good pizza.

image.png.4c2f9e7b899be0517ca3d1a5daf6a549.png

Up in the Maryland area of the US there is a chain called "Ledo Pizza" which is pretty similar, although, I haven't tried it yet.

So that brings me to my next question..

When it comes to pizza, do you prefer Original or Thin Crust?

32 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

So has anyone ever tried St. Louis style pizza?

When I was a kid I used to eat at Imo's Pizza in the St. Louis area all the time.

Super thin crispy crust, provolone cheese.. mmm.. it's a good pizza.

image.png.4c2f9e7b899be0517ca3d1a5daf6a549.png

Up in the Maryland area of the US there is a chain called "Ledo Pizza" which is pretty similar, although, I haven't tried it yet.

So that brings me to my next question..

When it comes to pizza, do you prefer Original or Thin Crust?

Its not provlone cheese though....