Alfaro

I'm sure Alfaro is in his own head too much right now too - probably a lot like Stanton was during "The Slump" and it's translating to his defense as well to the point he's completely missing both pitches and even that throw from Marte last night.  He's hurting the team because he's a negative factor in all aspects of the game currently.  I'm sure he's well aware of his failures too.  Watching him bat is sad - it literally looks like he just swings as hard as he can and that's it.  He doesn't even seem to foul a lot of balls off, just whiff a TON.  We joke that he might want to get his vision checked but i'm sure (i'd hope anyway) that teams stay on top of that sort of thing.  It really does look like he can't see though with how hes playing defense and how he's approaching his at bats.  Wallach too seems to have regressed a bit this young season. I don't remember him stabbing/reaching for pitches this much. Not sure if it's just getting crossed up or what the case is but he's cost his pitchers quite a few easy strike calls by lunging for a pitch well within the strike zone.

In short, the Marlins have a serious issue at catching.  Not sure who to start at this point tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Lokasi GIF by memecandy

Alfaro hits the piss out of the ball for 48 hours solid and suddenly no one wants to bash on him? C'mon guys! Get your hate on the record here!

Don’t worry, probably after his next 0-4 game sometime next week, we’ll be right back to normal, complaining about Alfaro and hoping for Contreras. But until then, Jorge is our new fave!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

While I disagree with you, I respect you sticking to your guns when Alfaro is hot. Because otherwise it's an argument rooted in emotions rather than an assessment of talent.

Trophy Unlocked (Platinum): Respectful Disagreement (Ultra Rare: 0.01%)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Lokasi GIF by memecandy

Alfaro hits the piss out of the ball for 48 hours solid and suddenly no one wants to bash on him? C'mon guys! Get your hate on the record here!

It's two games. Even Donovan Solano was good for two games

6 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

While I disagree with you, I respect you sticking to your guns when Alfaro is hot. Because otherwise it's an argument rooted in emotions rather than an assessment of talent.

It’s not emotional to say he’d been sucking at hitting until the last couple of games. You could argue it was too small a small sample size.

Whoa whoa whoa...he finally got a hit...and it was really nice. I really felt for him...

But he needs to really keep this going...he has not been good. That is reality.

...Last night's clutch hit makes me at least think it is possible.

On 4/18/2021 at 7:04 PM, SongInTheAir said:

Dude.

Donovan Solano has been good for three years now.

I clearly haven't kept up with the game for a few years. He's also had 400 ABs as a "good" player

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.