The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

2 hours ago, FishFry said:

When my daughter asks me one day, dad why do you love the Marlins?  I’ll sit her down with a smile and say, because we were the only team to ever use a pitcher to pitch hit in the 9th inning down by one. 

really daddy?

the marlins had shohei ohtani at one point?

24 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Got more lucky anything. The way they’ve focused on the change up is impressive and fun! Plus all the guys in the minors

Need to start trading some of them rather than prospect hugging. We have great arms. AWESOME. Use them as commodities as needed. Get. Bats.

22 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

This season is really bad, this team have no choice but to have a much better next season. I will see what they do first before I making the final decision. 

Are u threatening  to leave the Marlins like you have done so many times in the past ?

5 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Call up JJ and Edward ? I doubt it would be making big difference. 

Those aren't the only things but have you seen the way we lose games by a run because our offense sucks? How about all the times we've gone with bullpen games? Those two problems right there are likely helped immensely by one bat and one starting pitcher. But the point is that Jeter and Ng don't even try to improve.

Consistently running out there with 2 or 3 bullpen games a week, 2 or 3 short bench games a week, 2 or 3 blown saves a week, and multiple games where the offense likely just needed one key hit to lock down a win... and doing NOTHING about it???? That's unacceptable. 

They aren't even trying. That's the point. Get a bat and an arm and at least show me some effort and urgency and then I'll be ok.