The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

31 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

So let’s throw it out there

Cubs apparently have interest in Marte

Cubs: Marte

Marlins: SS/2nd/CF Nico Hoerner, CF Brennan Davis, 3rd/1st Patrick Wisdom, RHP Darius Valdez (relief prospect on the verge of a call up)

I don’t have a problem with selling high on Jesus to a team like Seattle 

Seattle: Jesus Aguilar

Marlins: SS Noelvi Marte LHP Aaron Fletcher, OF Jonatan Clase, and  3rd Jake Scheiner

Unpopular but he slumped all last year until like the final 3 1/2 weeks and he slumped this year before being hurt. Brian Anderson is probably going to want an extension and the trade with the Cubs makes him expendable. Move him to the brew crew

Brewers: BA

Marlins: C Mario Feliciano and CF Corey Ray

Above trades should give us a lineup of 

1) Miggy

2) 2nd/3rd Jazz

3) 3rd/1st Patrick Wisdom

4) LF/RF Duval

5) 1st/OF Coop

6) C Alfaro

7) LF/RF Sanchez

😎CF/SS/2nd Hoerner

Bench:

Ray

Diaz

Devers

Berti

Leon

Why trade BA especially when he’s injured?

35 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Holy shit I love Rojas, even the best players don't say the nice things he does about his organization. Nobody looks at themselves as trade bait as being a good thing for the ones trading them. 

Good for Rojas.  

Starting tomorrow, we shall see who really cares or not.  They can turn this around you know and it doesn’t take a 10 game win streak (Really Don) to do it.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

What a shame that G, Bear, Yeli and Real all happy to be traded. 

Ozuna wasn't happy about it. I think he was the only one to be pretty clear that he would have been happy to stay here. 

Yelich and Realmuto definitely wanted to leave.

Stanton I think is a little mix of the two, I think he really wanted to stay here but realized it wasn't gonna work so while he accepted it I can't say he was happy about it happening to begin with. 

• Like 1

I gotta say I'm gonna be pretty annoyed when this group starts being sold off because the front office let this happen. It's not like they gave it their best effort and just so happen to have to be sellers. 

The more I think about it the more I think the FO wanted one more year before going for it and let this team die so that they're justified in selling off in a few weeks. They half assed it because selling was the preference. Now I'm saying this with the hope that this is a set up for them to improve all around before finally going for it in 2022 but I have to admit they've given me no reason to believe that will be the case, we'll have to wait and see what they trade for and then how they handle the offseason.

So yeah obviously the point is, they wanted to be sellers at the deadline and that's why they were ok with letting the team drown the last two months.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I gotta say I'm gonna be pretty annoyed when this group starts being sold off because the front office let this happen. It's not like they gave it their best effort and just so happen to have to be sellers. 

The more I think about it the more I think the FO wanted one more year before going for it and let this team die so that they're justified in selling off in a few weeks. They half assed it because selling was the preference. Now I'm saying this with the hope that this is a set up for them to improve all around before finally going for it in 2022 but I have to admit they've given me no reason to believe that will be the case, we'll have to wait and see what they trade for and then how they handle the offseason.

So yeah obviously the point is, they wanted to be sellers at the deadline and that's why they were ok with letting the team drown the last two months.

What's you think they should try to do to fix this team in the past two months but didn't ?

12 minutes ago, Erick said:

Miguel Rojas keeps moving up the ranks of my favorite Marlin of all time, and it’s not even because he’s that great.

The guy should just become our manager, really.

Trade him for a prospect, fire Mattingly, get Rojas back as our manager in a year or two, then it'll be cool when he's managing the same prospect he was traded for. He would love that.

18 minutes ago, Erick said:

Miguel Rojas keeps moving up the ranks of my favorite Marlin of all time, and it’s not even because he’s that great.

The guy should just become our manager, really.

Just don’t be surprised/disappointed if the next manager is another former Yankee/Member of Yankees organization, it could even be an obscure player/coach that you probably never heard of.

😂

45 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Just don’t be surprised/disappointed if the next manager is another former Yankee/Member of Yankees organization, it could even be an obscure player/coach that you probably never heard of.

😂

Aaron Boone if he gets fired.

10 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Same page man, same page.

It's just sad that they're tarnishing the goodwill they had.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SonOfSamson said:

Considering they couldn't even eat all of Dick's deal to get a better kid from Toronto, the Marte extension is never happening. Naming rights money and TV deal? Padded ownership pockets, that's it.

So.......are you the artist formerly known as SonOfJack?  That's going to be confusing lol.

Just now, FishFan95 said:

Just a bit of a joke hence the ellipsis. Just a coincidence that the Marte extension talk and Dickerson trade come out on the same day.

Probably because they were interviewing Kim Ng about the trade and asked other things while having her like Marte and Sixto questions. Reporters never seem to her questions otherwise. I would hope there's no connection there, because they really are counting every penny if so.