The Fire Kim Ng Thread

On 9/6/2022 at 7:42 PM, hovertical said:

for all her faults....one thing she can never be accused of is phoning it in

If anything, it's impressive that Kim has built a 1-run loss machine.

Sadly it seems she chalks that up to just luck......I dont expect a busy offseason if she just thinks the luck will turn around with all the same players back.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

If anything, it's impressive that Kim has built a 1-run loss machine.

Sadly it seems she chalks that up to just luck......I dont expect a busy offseason if she just thinks the luck will turn around with all the same players back.

she literally spent last offseason building a slower, more expensive, yet identical team to the 2021 version.  She had a full year of evaluation as was requested...and invested the limited funds into more of the same shit.  She has no clue on how to evaluate a roster and isn't even aware of the actual stats players have.  It's disgusting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

a baker isn't going to blame his customers for burnt bread so why on earth should a baseball team owner blame the fans for not supporting a trash product? 

This got me thinking, Bruce has never actually blamed the fans for this, this blaming the fans thing is the work of the writers. Wouldn't shock me if Bruce laughed at the idea of blaming the fans for this.

looking at Correa's and Reynolds stats (since that's who most of us wanted them to sign and trade for last offseason) they were "shockingly" EXACTLY what this team would have needed in the heart of the lineup.  If only someone had called Kim and told her about these guys before they spent the same money on Garcia and Soler instead. It's almost like a message board can diagnose the teams needs better than a "well-qualified GM".

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

looking at Correa's and Reynolds stats (since that's who most of us wanted them to sign and trade for last offseason) they were "shockingly" EXACTLY what this team would have needed in the heart of the lineup.  If only someone had called Kim and told her about these guys before they spent the same money on Garcia and Soler instead. It's almost like a message board can diagnose the teams needs better than a "well-qualified GM".

The Marlins not signing Carlos Correa cannot be held against Kim Ng though.

That one is on Bruce Sherman for not allowing it to even be discussed.

Now the Reynolds one, thats a different issue.

41 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

The Marlins not signing Carlos Correa cannot be held against Kim Ng though.

That one is on Bruce Sherman for not allowing it to even be discussed.

Now the Reynolds one, thats a different issue.

you honestly can't say that for sure either - you have to remember it was also Kim who thought Soler was a high obp% guy and Avi regularly hits 30hrs a year.  She literally has no clue about players and their strengths/weaknesses.

3 hours ago, hovertical said:

you honestly can't say that for sure either - you have to remember it was also Kim who thought Soler was a high obp% guy and Avi regularly hits 30hrs a year.  She literally has no clue about players and their strengths/weaknesses.

I mean what do you expect Kim to say though after signing Soler?

Hey we signed this guy to prove to people the Marlins were going to spend money after the lockout.  She is going to sing his praises because thats what you are supposed to do in that position.  If you were the GM you would have been saying the same thing, whether you believe it deep down or not.  Its part of what you are paid to do.

And we signed a guy like Avisail Garcia on the cheap because he would take the salary we have available for a player.

I mean come on.  

The Marlins were never going to sign a guy like Carlos Correa because Bruce Sherman would not have allowed that to happen.

You can be critical on her for a number of things.  But the not signing a premier free agent is not one of them when her hands were literally tied.

13 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I mean what do you expect Kim to say though after signing Soler?

Hey we signed this guy to prove to people the Marlins were going to spend money after the lockout.  She is going to sing his praises because thats what you are supposed to do in that position.  If you were the GM you would have been saying the same thing, whether you believe it deep down or not.  Its part of what you are paid to do.

And we signed a guy like Avisail Garcia on the cheap because he would take the salary we have available for a player.

I mean come on.  

The Marlins were never going to sign a guy like Carlos Correa because Bruce Sherman would not have allowed that to happen.

You can be critical on her for a number of things.  But the not signing a premier free agent is not one of them when her hands were literally tied.

It isn't that she praised the new signings, it that the stuff the praised them for is flat our incorrect and makes it seem like she has 0 clue what she is talking about/doing.

13 hours ago, r5812 said:

It isn't that she praised the new signings, it that the stuff the praised them for is flat our incorrect and makes it seem like she has 0 clue what she is talking about/doing.

You get it.

You can praise the signings with some generic crap but don't literally make up complete falsehoods about their stats. It was ridiculous and showed she doesn't even know her own players at all.  I expected better from Das than just saying "what else was she supposed to do". 

Any no, this does not mean I think Sherman isn't cheap - it's just that Ng is a fucking idiot or is incredibly lazy (or God help us, both).

Edited by hovertical
correcting "you"