2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I didn't expect the rotation to be as uncertain as it is now.

I did.   It’s uncertain every year and every year they refuse to make preventative signings.

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I did.   It’s uncertain every year and every year they refuse to make preventative signings.

Well yea but I mean more so that we're already down 2 guys before ST even ends, 3 guys if you count Sandy. If this was mid summer I'd be less surprised. 

Here’s an unpopular opinion around here.. but I am still mad that the Marlins got rid of Harold Ramirez. I know that Jesus Sanchez has more power potential in RF. But honestly Harold has been extremely solid overall offensively in the past couple of seasons for the Rays. Would have liked to have seen the Marlins hang on to him long term. Was still pretty young when they got rid of him (only 29 now) probably could have given the Marlins a few more solid seasons and held down that RF or even DH spot like he is in Tampa Bay.

Oh Well.. Whatya gonna do? It’s the Marlins so not exactly known for making the smartest moves over the years. Hopefully we’re seeing some changes in that regard with Bendix. Speaking of.. Bendix was smart enough to trade for Ramirez in 2022.

I would take a Harold Ramirez for Avi Garcia trade any day of the week. Come on Pete.. you can make it happen!

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SirFishFan said:

Here’s an unpopular opinion around here.. but I am still mad that the Marlins got rid of Harold Ramirez. I know that Jesus Sanchez has more power potential in RF. But honestly Harold has been extremely solid overall offensively in the past couple of seasons for the Rays. Would have liked to have seen the Marlins hang on to him long term. Was still pretty young when they got rid of him (only 29 now) probably could have given the Marlins a few more solid seasons and held down that RF or even DH spot like he is in Tampa Bay.

Oh Well.. Whatya gonna do? It’s the Marlins so not exactly known for making the smartest moves over the years. Hopefully we’re seeing some changes in that regard with Bendix. Speaking of.. Bendix was smart enough to trade for Ramirez in 2022.

I would take a Harold Ramirez for Avi Garcia trade any day of the week. Come on Pete.. you can make it happen!

Oh hell yeah. I was pissed because he was just outright released if I remember and he's been nothing but consistent for his career. Not an allstar or anything but it was obvious the dude belonged in the majors. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Oh hell yeah. I was pissed because he was just outright released if I remember and he's been nothing but consistent for his career. Not an allstar or anything but it was obvious the dude belonged in the majors. 

Yeah.. I think I was more annoyed at the time they got rid of him mainly because of who they were keeping around instead.. Brinson, Monte, Avi, Jesus Sanchez (who at the time was batting like .082 I think) 😂

Oh.well.. at this point would still be nice to trade Avi though. Get a solid middle relief pitcher in return.. not gonna happen but I can still dream. 😂